Distance

what can we do against hacks?

Hello every 1 :) since the hackers have become a big treat as this mod grows, i think its time for us (the players) to start helping and not only complain, any 1 have any great ideas to prevent them? maby a script we can put in battleye server folder, i bet there are some 1 out there that is a pro at this stuff :)

Post your thoughts and stuff here :)

Pray to god they all get bored and leave. and if someone can write a script to somehow magically bypass a bypass, then they should be working for an anti-cheat company and make phat lewt.

My thoughts mainly consist of how retarded you are and how little you understand about the whole 'hacking' thing.

We can't do anything until the game goes standalone and the engine changed so that the types of cheats we are seeing are no longer possible.

Edited by smasht_AU

We can't do anything until the game goes standalone

You realize that is going to make it worse. Right?

Its not that it will make it worse, its that whoever they choose to be their anti-cheat engine needs to be genuine, or not shit. Like not hack-shield shit.

How could that possibly make it worse?

We can't do anything until the game goes standalone and the engine changed so that the types of cheats we are seeing are no longer possible.

Its not that it will make it worse, its that whoever they choose to be their anti-cheat engine needs to be genuine, or not shit. Like not hack-shield shit.

Definitely agree. Arma2 has been using basically the same engine since it was Operation Flashpoint. All the same scripts and hacks people used back then still work (for the most part) today in Arma2. Rocket needs to seriously start looking into a new engine if he plans on releasing his own standalone, separate from Bohemia Interactive and the Real Virtuality engine. There was a thread on here a few weeks ago suggesting the CryEngine (that farcry and crysis and so many other games use). Very informative thread, if you read past so many of the crybaby posts by people who didn't know what they were talking about :)

Either way. New engine would stop all the current hacks instantly. only later will people start making new hacks for the new engine.

You have two choices:

1. Continue to play and continue to have your progress wiped out whenever a hacker feels like it, or

2. Stop playing.

Those are the only officially-supported choices you have as a player. That is why so much frustration is is showing up in the forums, the players don't have any other outlet for it, they're helpless against these cheaters.

guess this whole topic was a bad idea XD was just trying to see if any had any good ideas, i dont want to wait for 1-2 years before this goes standalone :(

The anti cheat client is another issue entirely, cheats are always going to exist regardless of the anti cheat service they use, whether that be battleeye, punkbuster, vac or something else, while they all do catch cheaters they are all easily bypassed a few hours after that cheat signature has been detected.

ArmA was not designed to stop cheaters or even make it difficult for them at all, it wasn't a concern.

Having the game go standalone (yes even using the same base engine) will enable it to be modified to prevent many of the types of cheats we are currently seeing from being possible.

Cheating is always going to exist though, spawning things that aren't in the game, turning people into goats, teleporting etc can all be made impossible in with access to the engine.

Edited by smasht_AU

guess this whole topic was a bad idea XD was just trying to see if any had any good ideas, i dont want to wait for 1-2 years before this goes standalone :(

It's going standalone this year, early as September possibly. It's going to use the same base engine, the difference is the dayz team will actually be able to make changes to the engine code as it will be seperete from ArmA.

well making the game so cheap wont help our cause... hack for 3 weeks get banned and just spend 1 more buck and buy a new cd key. 3 more weeks of torture and rape...

Get some bots and dos the hack sites that host this shit.

Fight fire with fire.

should have been a law enforcements for hacking ingame xD 12 years in prison just to use a wallhack and get detected xD atleast people would have jobs xD

Put in features that make it easier to identify hackers.

A simple (name) was killed by (name) would make it a whole lot easier, and make globalids available to admins - possibly make them available for everyone to see.

should have been a law enforcements for hacking ingame xD 12 years in prison just to use a wallhack and get detected xD atleast people would have jobs xD

Move to Korea

A simple (name) was killed by (name) would make it a whole lot easier, and make globalids available to admins - possibly make them available for everyone to see.

That would have been nice :) then the admins can bann them right away :)

A guy that I work with is compiling a suite of virus and Mal-ware that he plans to disguise as a cheat engine. This is a dumb idea but I wont stop him. He used a virus called "Mario Forever" to do some funny shit to hackers in another popular FPS game. I know there is another fake cheat engine already that creates kernals but I dont know the details on that.

What does everyone think of vac?

The best thing anyone can do if they realise a hacker is on... is get off ASAP and change servers

The anti-cheat service is irrelevant until the engine code is changed, BE, VAC, PB etc are all fairly ineffective at stopping cheaters. I prefer one with silent detection (delayed bans) to catch as many as possible before the cheat is updated again, both VAC and PB do this, I'm not familiar with BE though so it might too.

Edited by smasht_AU

well, if the Hive server as Rocket said is recording all player activity, it should soon be ready to start auto banning people that shift posistions from 012-054 to 123 -123 ingame cords in just a sec (Teleporting) and all that other stuff. since there is so much activity going on. or am i lost here?

well, if the Hive server as Rocket said is recording all player activity, it should soon be ready to start auto banning people that shift posistions from 012-054 to 123 -123 ingame cords in just a sec (Teleporting) and all that other stuff. since there is so much activity going on. or am i lost here?

While I'm not sure what can and can't be tracked in terms of hive data, there is a major flaw in that this assumes the hacker is teleporting himself and not random players in the server. What happens when a hacker teleports you to wilderness, you are now banned?

Edited by smasht_AU

spotting is essential. Know the tools that the hacker's use and report unusual sightings to educate people on the forums. Here's what i have "learned" they can spawn animals and vehicles and can be invisible at times apart from the usual thunderdome festivals. They can track your movements and key presses. I can't be too sure about hackers spawning themselves as animals but have seen the odd sighting of goats and cows silently stalking you only to disappear when you get suspicious of their behaviour. It's the first time i had witnessed the most frightening event in dayz ever - a goat moving its head and not its body.

p.s. Keep an eye out for those crows.

Edited by twix

Only this would take out a lot of the immersion. Now you know who the killers are before you even meet them. So that whole "Should I trust them or not?" will go away. Which is bad.