talkinBEERmug (DayZ)

Duffel bags\Base Camps

Duffel bags

Seeing how you don't have much room on your person or in your back pack it really pains me when I find good gear or guns but I have to leave it behind because of room, when I know I could use them later or give them to a friend. Could you put Duffel bags in the game that can be filled up, then you can pick it up and go. You could make it so when you have a Duffel bag in your hand you cant use guns or jog/sprint, you would have to drop the duffel bag to shoot or sprint. They do something similar in ACE2 mod, you can drag or carry rucks or boxes. You could also make it so you can carry a second back pack in your hands, same rules apply can't shoot or run while carrying items.

Base Camps

Starting on my 5th hour in game and I notice I have every thing on me I need to survive for a few days, but I cant go look for more stuff because my inventory is full. I really think you need to ability to make a base camp where you have the ability to store food and supplies. It seems like once you have a nice primary/secondary weapon, map, compass, knife, matches, food, and water, the game gets slow. You are full of supplies but you need more and have no more room, and you have so much supplies you don't want to risk them. Yes you can go look for car/heli parts but what are you going to drop for that tire food, water? Just feels like the game hits a speed bump at this point. Also the natural progression to surviving is supplies, shelter(Base Camp).

It's very unlikely that duffle nags will be added. The whole point is that it forces you to stop and think "do I REALLY need this?" and if the answer to that is yes then you have to ask "what do I NOT need?"

It's those decisions that make this such a great mod. If you could pick up pretty much anything and everything and carry it with you then the game would become either unballanced or it would loose its appeal quicker. Also, it promotes the use of tents and much more scavenger-like gameplay.

And that ties in with my next point:

While there are no base camps in the game world, you can create your own camps by finding tents and then pitching those tents at another location. You can store items in tents so I think that's essentialy what you're asking for in your last request.

Base Camps

Starting on my 5th hour in game and I notice I have every thing on me I need to survive for a few days' date=' but I cant go look for more stuff because my inventory is full. I really think you need to ability to make a base camp where you have the ability to store food and supplies. It seems like once you have a nice primary/secondary weapon, map, compass, knife, matches, food, and water, the game gets slow. You are full of supplies but you need more and have no more room, and you have so much supplies you don't want to risk them. Yes you can go look for car/heli parts but what are you going to drop for that tire food, water? Just feels like the game hits a speed bump at this point. Also the natural progression to surviving is supplies, shelter(Base Camp).

[/quote']

Tents already offer you the option to store items, you put it down and can fill it up, recommend you set it up hidden in the forest and remember it has a limit to how many items can be fit inside it before it starts squeezing them out onto the floor.

Tents Nice I have yet to see one, and did not read about them in the description but sounds perfect. As for the Duffel bags if you did carry it, it would bring more options and more decisions if the rules cant shoot cant jog/run when carrying it. So if you have to deal with 1 or 2 zombies you drop it and kill them pick it back up but if you were to get a horde you would most likely drop it and run.

Agreed, aside from having a base, the mod needs trip wires, infantry mines, booby traps (That can be disarmed and detected as well). Also Arma 2 Project Reality type base building.

This would help defend your hard earned goods. Watch the movie Hunger Games. Theres a great scene of supplies being defended by land mines.