Sign in to follow this  
Binary Bandit

Suddenly: Weapon

Hey,

So I died, respawned and thought "Well, shit...let's just wreak havoc..." So I ran around, aggroed a lot of zombies and after a while I was bored and just logged out.

Later (...well, 5 minutes later) when I logged back in I found myself at the place I logged out....but with an M4 and 5 magazines.

So wtf? Is this a known....bug? Or what happend? I'm mean I like my new weapon ^^...but I do not really understand where it came from.

:o I would love that happening to me.

If I were you, I'd drop it. First of all, it ruins the game to just get a weapon for no reason. Second, you could be considered a hacker and banned. Personally, I would advise you not to take it.

Edited by Excision

If I were you, I'd drop it. First of all, it ruins the game to just get a weapon for no reason. Second, you could be considered a hacker and banned. Personally, I would advise you not to take it.

Although I'm not sure what to think about the M4 'appearing' on someone, I doubt him receiving it is going to 'ruin the game'. I mean come on, if anything the massive amounts of dups and AS50's hacked into the game ruin the game, this dude has an M4 and some mags. Might give him a sliver of advantage, but nothing compared to what others are doing.

Although I'm not sure what to think about the M4 'appearing' on someone, I doubt him receiving it is going to 'ruin the game'. I mean come on, if anything the massive amounts of dups and AS50's hacked into the game ruin the game, this dude has an M4 and some mags. Might give him a sliver of advantage, but nothing compared to what others are doing.

Yes, saying ruining is slightly extreme, I should say you really don't have any self-satisfaction or achievement if you just get a weapon because of a glitch/hack. And trust me, self-satisfaction is the best thing about DayZ. (Sorry if "self-satisfaction" sounds a bit... odd :P )

Nope, I won't go with it...because I found another "bug" with this weapon.

Everytime I log out and back in...the magazine is back to full.

But I'm not really sure where to drop it...because other can find it...and I don't know if the weapon is bugged...or my character? o_O

If you really need to drop it (i wouldnt tho, just use it until you die again..), drop it into some pond or sea.. That way nobody will pick it up..

Edited by subjectx

But I'm not really sure where to drop it...because other can find it...

Get to the sea. Swim to the mountains that you see to the south. When you get to those mountains, drop the gun and swim back notrh till you get to Chernaruss. Problem solved.

/thread

Nope, I won't go with it...because I found another "bug" with this weapon.

Everytime I log out and back in...the magazine is back to full.

But I'm not really sure where to drop it...because other can find it...and I don't know if the weapon is bugged...or my character? o_O

The magazine going back to full (I think) happens to all weapons, that's relatively normal for the time being. If you can, I'd suggest trying to drop it in a pretty remote place on a server that is usually low-populated. The weapon should despawn if no one has taken it after a while.

I'm still wondering...How? I mean it looks like a game breaking bug oO

EDIT: Ok, the magazine thing is explained. :)

Edited by Binary Bandit

The magazine going back to full (I think) happens to all weapons, that's relatively normal for the time being. If you can, I'd suggest trying to drop it in a pretty remote place on a server that is usually low-populated. The weapon should despawn if no one has taken it after a while.

No, they fixed that problem in a recent patch

No, they fixed that problem in a recent patch

It was on the list of fixes, but it didn't work. Magazines still refill as of 1.7.2.4. If you want to 'ironman' it, just keep track of your clip level when you disconnect and fire down to that level after a reconnect.

ok it doesnt ruin too much since the gun is a pos unless it was an sd also if its a gun thats in the game like the m4a1 or cco you wont get banned no ones going to think youre a hacker.

Get to the sea. Swim to the mountains that you see to the south. When you get to those mountains, drop the gun and swim back notrh till you get to Chernaruss. Problem solved.

/thread

Ehm, wont he lose all his gear by swimming??

You could maybe stand on a dam and drop the gun into the pond or just take a hike to the north-western sticks and drop it somewhere...

Hey,

So I died, respawned and thought "Well, shit...let's just wreak havoc..." So I ran around, aggroed a lot of zombies and after a while I was bored and just logged out.

Later (...well, 5 minutes later) when I logged back in I found myself at the place I logged out....but with an M4 and 5 magazines.

So wtf? Is this a known....bug? Or what happend? I'm mean I like my new weapon ^^...but I do not really understand where it came from.

Where did you disconnect ? In a building ?