Sign in to follow this  
intensity (DayZ)

Survivalist tactics or just being a c**t?

I was wondering how many solo players really make an effort to truly play a survivalist...

Being greedy and eating/drinking everything even though you hardly need it.

Picking up ammo from a gun spawn point and throwing it away so no one after you can pick it up and shoot you in the back.

With all the hackers/cheaters and night time farmers I say this is a completely legit thing to do.

oh my god...it's this thread again.

Please use the search function to find the other 1000 QQ threads of this nature.

I eat and drink once when I find it on the ground, leaving the rest. I don't bother picking up the ammo and dropping it because it is a bit of a douche thing to do. If somebody is going to shoot you in the back, they probably already have a weapon, you taking the ammo won't do a thing. And what do script-kiddies (they're not hackers, don't make them sound cooler than they actually are) and night farmers have to do with being a jerk?

I'm the guy who eats all the food in the Supermarket, generally because I have 10k blood and would like some more.

Hello there

I leave anything I'm not going to use.

I won't stop anyone else getting loot that I leave.

Rgds

LoK

Wasting valuable time picking up ammo you don't need to drop it off somewhere else only to have the loot pile respawn 20 minutes later anyway

Seems like a thing I'd do if I want to survive....I mean why would I not want to spend more time than needed in a certain area....

Survivalist. In reality, it would be perfectly sound to hide or ruin ammo that you didn't want falling into stalkers hands.

It's fair game. If someone wanted that ammo, they should've gotten to that building before you. Not that a lot of the same loot gets crossed by two seperate parties outside of the high risk zones.

If I don't need it then I won't waste time and bag space picking it up. I've been caught out before taking too much time in supermarkets etc by taking a warning shot to the back of the head.

As mentioned there's no point in doing that if the stuff will respawn before anyone else arrives anyway.

I was wondering how many solo players really make an effort to truly play a survivalist...

Being greedy and eating/drinking everything even though you hardly need it.

Picking up ammo from a gun spawn point and throwing it away so no one after you can pick it up and shoot you in the back.

With all the hackers/cheaters and night time farmers I say this is a completely legit thing to do.

What the flying fuck does it matter if they eat/drink and take everything? Doesn't the game spawn items for the individual anyway if no one is close?? Even if it didn't, so fucking what? Don't see your name on that can of beans.

I think the loot piles don't respawn unless they are completely picked up, that includes tinc cans. That or a server restart.

why would someone pick up all the loot in a spawn point? that makes no sense. that's HELPING the next player as it will be a fresh spawn. The douche things to do (which I do) is leave tin cans or something at the spawn point so there won't be a fresh spawn until restart or someone else clears it out. Unless you're farming a spot, clearing the items just helps the next person, not hurts.

• Like 1

I'm the guy who eats all the food in the market, as well. But, I'm sitting at around 10-11k blood so hey...... I'm also that guy that takes all the rifle ammo. You know: "Damn, AKM but no mags." That was me...

Just so you know I pee in every empty water bottle I find. So when you find that full one that feels a bit warm, well you know...

Oh and I only put rare guns on zombies and then hide the body. :lol:

I don't know what you guys are doing wrong... I meet random friendlies ALL THE TIME.

I'm up in elektro after recently being shot to death after a tense situation with a group of bandits, i walk into the firestation and there are two heavily armed men holding high-tier military grade weapons. They stare at me for a few moments, and I call out "Friendly!". They gave me a spare PDW and a few mags and sent me on my way. Hella' friendly.

I walked into a barn in search of a rifle, where I met "Drew", he swung his hatchet at me and I called out Friendly, he stopped, we chatted about stories of zombies and decided to get on skype. We agreed to work together to head up to NWAF and get some good gear and we did. He is now one of my closest group members and I trust him with my life.

I met this guy named "FishIsTwonk" and we were going to trade my M136 Launcher for some NVG's, ghillie, and a rangefinder or something of the sort. Well ,basically, i got killed by a hacker. So he, (Who i had JUST met), offered to give me all of the same gear for a box of matches. We met, I got the gear, he got killed shortly after by a sniper. His friend came to help him but shot down too.. Both of them just lost really high-tier gear to give a newb who had died a shitload of good gear for what? A box of matches? My faith in humanity will remain forever.

Day-Z is not a deathmatch, it's a survival game. Some people feel more safer killing everyone so they won't die instead, some others do it for target practice. The reason I rarely encounter player-deaths is because I stay away from the coast, scan areas with my L85A2 AWS and make sure that no matter what happens, i'm always calm and not spraying bullets. This is the reason I have been alive for four days so far (because of the hacker.)

I always spread .50 ammo to the winds when I come across it, knowing that every single round of that would only end up being fired at some unarmed person on the coast. That's survival for me or someone else, 100% of the time.

I always spread .50 ammo to the winds when I come across it, knowing that every single round of that would only end up being fired at some unarmed person on the coast. That's survival for me or someone else, 100% of the time.

I don't agree with your logic, but I support your cause.