Sign in to follow this  
Lennsik

Caffeine, a usable substance?

Excuse me if this was mentioned before, but I was thinking this just earlier.

As we've all noticed, after a while, your character will be bogged down sooner or later and run slower, aim will be unsteady, and overall unable to be quicker. Plus the whole breathing. So what if you find a can of coffee grinds or adrenaline shot? The benefits of this would that your sprinting speed would stay at top level for longer, as well as keeping you heated a little longer. Downsides would be for 10-20 minutes afterwards, you would run at half speed even at rested. As well as during the peak of your rush, your aim would be exceptionally shaky if you had too much of a substance.

This also open the idea of other sorts of drugs to take to increase aiming, running speed, and other possible effects. Of course, most found in Supermarkets or Hospitals (In relation to adrenal shots and higher grade items)

• Like 1

With all the morphine we are pumping into our veins i think coffe should be a requirement for not simply falling asleep :D

I wouldn't complain if those things were added to the game, but after a while you just get used to those effects.

You already have painkillers to stop shaking, so Im gonna say no to this.

Not the kind of shaking he's talking about, bro.

True, haha!

As for the shaking being cured by painkillers, that's shaking caused by pain. Just like there's a separate shaking for cold and infections.

You already have painkillers to stop shaking, so Im gonna say no to this.

There's more than one kind of shaking in the game already.

I like this idea. As long as during PvP one player wouldn't have some kind of unfair advantage on the other. This could possibly lead to addiction? Maybe if you take enough of a drug in a short amount of time you become dependent on it? IMO that seems realistic.

Sure, consumables that affect the player characters "stats" positively than just treating injuries. Those would make survival interesting.

It *might* steady the aim or shaking by a small fraction, realistically. Any increase in physical stamina would be met with a potentially huge crash at the end though, like from an energy drink.

I also came with the possible addition to, say, an adderall in the game. Allowing a person to aim better and quicker at the expense that all actions are slowed and vision will be slightly foggy at the edge of screens. As if

I drink a lot of coffee during the day and i never noticed being able to run faster or do things better... and the only side effect of withdrawal tends to be a mild headache, but only once in a blue moon ... coffee does seem to be good vs. alzheimers, parkinson though ... but i haven't seen anyone last long enough in DayZ to make it to an age that would warrent these to be implemented in the game...

I would like to see coffee as a drink though, perhaps instant coffee made by boiling some water and adding coffee concentrate to it :)

Caffeine doesn't increase stamina, it just makes you more alert and awake. In fact too much of the stuff would just make you even shakier