Sign in to follow this  
impulse10112@hotmail.com

Killing new players? Someone explain it to me...

Been seeing a lot of this lately, I dont die very often but when I do its faced with a few lives of trying to run through a city for some food and water so I can head north. Most of the time I will be killed by a sniper or someone with some sort of rifle when I enter a church or a grocery store. Doesnt really make sense to me. Obviously new character (No weapon) so why bother killing me? Its just a waste of ammo and attracts zombies.

Few other situations Ive had where Ive died (Been trying things out to see how people would react).

-Saw someone with a double barreled shotgun being chased by zombies so I decided to take aggro off of him so he could shoot them, after hes done he turns around and kills me (Just spawned, nothing was lost)

-Offer through direct chat to give a player some ammo I had found for the gun he was using, resulted in him killing me

-Got a Lee and found a new player. Instead of killing them, I dropped it for them explaining through chat that i was giving it to him (leaving me with no weapon), he kills me.

Seriously, wat?

• Like 2

That's what you get, OP.

Have you learned your lesson yet? If not I'm sure some helpful soul out there will cap you a few more times...

Because people are faggots, and they somehow feel better about their lives when they annoy other people.

• Like 12

hey its how this game works and getting weapons is done fast too...

Last night i was in cherno with an assault rifle and saw a guy with an enfield i ran to him and said i was friendly and wont shoot him, i just stand there he takes aim and shoots me and misses so i start running around and dont return my fire and he just keeps shooting and missing me.... noone trusts anyone these days.

Also i never really think about it when getting killed by a player when im fresh spawned, its not like you loose anything of value, exept time maby

I was just doing it for fun, to see what people would do. Started a new character today with my flatmate and we are already kitted out with a DMR and an L85. I never really try to murder people unless I have to (was starving once and someone AFK'd in a forest), or if they shoot at me first. Mostly we just ignore other people and just have fun doing what we do.

Two reasons to kill a new spawn.

1. People are making sure you don't find a gun and kill them a few minutes later.

2. Some people are assholes, and that's how they want to play.

At the moment this is just his the game is. The best way to deal with it is to shoot first or avoid other players.

Odds are players have spared your life more times then you know. I've let countless people live and they never knew I was there.

Because people are faggots, and they somehow feel better about their lives when they annoy other people.

You sir, got a lot of beans for free ... *Clap Clap*

You learn quick that this game brings out the true nature of people. If someone is nice, it'll show. If someone is ruthless, it'll show. Two days ago I was playing with a guy I met in game for about an hour or so. I found two mags of AK ammo then found the AK. I gave it to the guy I was with and he instantly killed me. All I could do is just sit back in my chair and laugh. This game is so unpredictable because of the community. That's why I love it and hate it.

• Like 1

Your anger amuses me.

• Like 6

Odds are players have spared your life more times then you know. I've let countless people live and they never knew I was there.

Thats a good point, cant belive I never considered it. However the vast majority of the times that Ive seen a player and they have seen me has ended with them trying to kill me or a friend.

You learn quick that this game brings out the true nature of people. If someone is nice, it'll show. If someone is ruthless, it'll show.

It dosen't. Most people killing others in DayZ wouldn't even be able to shot an animal irl. You would rather work together with someone instead of killing him.

Dayz is a deathmatch simulator. I too have learnt the hard way, simply kill everyone you see until the game is changed. Safer that way.

Why would you change the game? ... can't you see that pvp is half the game ? if this was a zombie apocolypse you can best belive iam gonna kill other people... i dont kill beaners but iam never in the south unless its searching for vehicle spawns and even then i dont see the point they never have good gear. Kill or be killed.

Edited by Jerry Gruszecki

As you come to play this game for longer, you will realise there are just some places you don't go. I haven't died for over a week now with the exception of a hacker who instakilled the server. I believe I can survive for months in this game just by being evasive. Players and specific areas are the major risk. If you run with an organized group you won't have a problem.

The only rule you need/should know when playing this game is TRUST NO ONE , Ever !

I've survived up north for 3 days now, every time I encounter another survivor, i just stay put and observe, if he come my way I'll shoot without hesitation. this goes the same for you. this won't make me a bad guy right?

As you come to play this game for longer, you will realise there are just some places you don't go. I haven't died for over a week now with the exception of a hacker who instakilled the server. I believe I can survive for months in this game just by being evasive. Players and specific areas are the major risk. If you run with an organized group you won't have a problem.

Ive put probably 150 hours into DayZ already, I know where to go and where not to go. My last character had been alive for 2 weeks of my time and died to a hacker. I just stay in the south till I have some basic gear and then enjoy raiding towns and huts and such with my friends.

Edited by SkapeGoat

I've survived up north for 3 days now, every time I encounter another survivor, i just stay put and observe, if he come my way I'll shoot without hesitation. this goes the same for you. this won't make me a bad guy right?

Not at all and thats how it should be. It kind of makes me sad because I do remember a time when it was possible to team up with randoms and actually go hunt for bandits. Seems like those times have gone now and everyone is a bandit.

Not at all and thats how it should be. It kind of makes me sad because I do remember a time when it was possible to team up with randoms and actually go hunt for bandits. Seems like those times have gone now and everyone is a bandit.

This. Every person I have encountered over the past few weeks has always shot first. Its this mentality that ruins the mod as there is little to no chance of ever making friends with randoms.

Six times today I've been killed as a fresh spawn on the beach with nothing but the basic supplies...

• Like 1