prolox

Random non-players gunshots

Am i the only one that hear them?

the sound is always at the same sound level(far in the distance) and always the same rhythm.

anyone know if this is possible to remove?

ruins the realism imo, like those random gate sounds in the middle of a forrest with no kind of gate within kilometers.

I've never experienced anything like that, but I did get pretty paranoid when I was new to the game and was hearing the driving car music..

I got over 300hours played and i have always had that background sound, music is off, but i do have my sound ingame very high, and im sure it's some kind of background sound.

Edited by prolox

the door sounds are sound effects turn them down...from time to time i hear this gunshots too. and i think that are sound effects from running and breathing or something. anyway imo they are giving this game some kind of special atmosphere like in the ancient time of DooM^^

It happens so often that i hear a brunch crack and instanly turn around like im paranoid and go prone lokking for five min if someone is in the trees xD

The birds flappin' their wings sound sort of like an ak. Maybe that's what you're hearing?

Very diffrent sound from the birds flappin their wings.

Came across this old thread while using the search function.....

Since playing DayZ for a couple months now, while running around various parts of the map (inland and coast). I will occasionally hear the same 3-round burst from what sounds like the same type of gun every time far off in the distance, usually its's only one burst at very random intervals, like mentioned above at the exact same rhythm. I can usually get a bearing on which direction it comes from, and almost always investigate, but I never see any players or zed spawns to indicate any nearby activity. My music is turned off. This even happens on servers that have very few players logged in, and I'm out in the middle of nowhere.

I just find it very peculiar and wonder if it's actually part of the background sound files and not a player fired gun? Does this sound familiar to anyone else?... or am I just repeatedly part of the same coincidences?