cindyanne1

So can this not be played alone?

Ugh, I'm so frustrated. I was having my best game ever last night... I'd made it to a big city (Chernogorsk) with all my health intact. I had two cans of food, a water bottle (!!!) matches (!!!!) a watch (!!!!!!!) and a hatchet. I was having a GREAT time exploring the city and seeing what all was there. (Omg there's a vending machine that still lights up, wtf?)

Then, out of nowhere, no less than three other players wearing what looked like riot gear zerged me and gunned me down as I crawled through an alleyway. And just like that... game over. No warning at all.

Surely I wasn't a threat. It wasn't like I was advancing on them with a sniper rifle. Surely, being players of the game themselves, they could tell exactly what I was. I didn't have anything worth taking, and I couldn't fight back.

I just don't get it. :(

• Like 3

Cans of food and water bottles are plenty enough reason to kill someone for some people.

That said, they probably just wanted to kill anyone they came across. It's the nature of the beast.

Those are just murderers. They kill because they are bored and for no apparent reason..

The majority of play is done alone, or in small groups... teaming up is really fun and adds new dynamics to the game

That's the nature of the game and what makes it so tense. If you played on your own you could just skip around town gearing up and it'd soon become pretty boring.

Edit *- There is supermarkets and loot in quieter towns too. Try Berizino or some of the smaller towns up north. Whenever I see people getting pissed off about constantly getting shot it's usually because they never leave Cherno or Electro. It's a big map, go and explore it.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Stay away from cherno or elektro unless you want to play DayZ Deathmatch.

The same pretty much goes for the sobors, and the airfields.

Until the game has an actual reason to NOT shoot people on sight, you can expect to be KOS to 99% of the people you meet.

• Like 2

That's just a bandit. That's the game. You'll see how disappointed you get when you are fully geared with assault rifles and coyote packs.

This game rules on 1 rule: kill or be killed. I want to be friendly, but it's just not possible (unless you have a group).

I suggest if you play solo game that you just go on the outskirts of the towns, never fully in it, run fast, loot fast, don't be on the same place longer than few minutes.

My friend lasted this way for 26 days (which is pretty long time). When he started playing with us, he got killed the same HOUR!!!!

Play on servers that don't have many players (the worst place to be is cherno (or elektro these days) and NW airfield).

The best way to live is in a well organised group, so try to find one. HAVE FUN and remember, kill or be killed, you never know if the person is really friendly or just pretending...!

Yeah I think if I do roll again I'll make it a point to stay away from cities vs. trying to make it to them. Always before I had the mindset of once I get to a city I'll be okay. O_o

Nope, cities are the last place you'll want to be if you're just trying to survive.

Haha, I guess you don't watch The Walking Dead then. But I know what you mean. Happened to me twice.

vent around today and collected some gear for tonights raid...

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/2782/lootsy.jpg

when you see someone you simply wont take the risk, 90% of all ppl will kill you on sight, and if you have some rare weapons and stuff u will never take the chance...

there is a major different between survivor and bandits nowdays, survivors stay hidden if they see someone that dont see you, a bandit may open fire no matter what, one part stays away from trouble the other part seek it

Well, you were in Cherno, which is a major PVP place. Be careful the next time you go in, it does happen, but players that are armed like that aren't going to very friendly towards you as they will be too paranoid about losing their stuff to someone. It doesn't make it right, but yeah.

Hi Cindyanne, welcome to dayz. I don't get it either but that's the norm in dayz. It's much harder to play alone, and virtually impossible to stay alive. I think the current life is 40 minutes. Not days, minutes.

There are some of us friendlier folk playing the game. I don't shoot people, just zombies and even then only if I can't run away. I die a lot but that's the way the game has to be played. I often say, play dayz for the experience before you die and not for what material goods you can find because it won't be long before you lose them.

DayZ is great fun and you meet great people but there's a huge variety of ages, values and beliefs. You only need one nine year old sniper who thinks "lololol me a killa" and everybody's a potential victim. Now in DayZ we have about 90% of that kind! So keep your head low, know where you're going and why, and get out as fast. Remember, you're rarely alone in DayZ because there are plenty of snipers in the hills. :beans:

Feel free to add me if you use skype. I'm on sulalee01

• Like 2

Riot gear? Also game is full of murders :P

For future reference

Sgn9X.jpg

• Like 1

yes, its quite posible to play alone. play more and you will get better. this is a typical newbie story. you are excited over the most basic items, and then you walked into a PvP town and died.

play more and you will understand everything better.

you are wrong in thinking you weren't carrying anything worthwhile. you were carrying tears, and this thread proves they collected them :P

Edited by Ganjastar
  • Like 1

I totally disagree. I go into cities and have good experiences. I don't know whats wrong with you guys. The other day I killed two guys with an MP5, and survived. AN MP5!!! Maybe you people are just playing wrong.

I totally disagree. I go into cities and have good experiences. I don't know whats wrong with you guys. The other day I killed two guys with an MP5, and survived. AN MP5!!! Maybe you people are just playing wrong.

Challenge Accepted

• Like 1

its just one of them sorta games that really fustrates you when you die. What fustrates me the most is dying and when you respawn you are in kamenka with a 20 minute run to cherno or any sorta place with decent loot to restart.

The best thing to do if you don't want to play solo is to contact a single player at a time and test him/her. If he/she doesn't kill you, maybe you can trust him/her

Ugh, I'm so frustrated. I was having my best game ever last night... I'd made it to a big city (Chernogorsk) with all my health intact. I had two cans of food, a water bottle (!!!) matches (!!!!) a watch (!!!!!!!) and a hatchet. I was having a GREAT time exploring the city and seeing what all was there. (Omg there's a vending machine that still lights up, wtf?)

Then, out of nowhere, no less than three other players wearing what looked like riot gear zerged me and gunned me down as I crawled through an alleyway. And just like that... game over. No warning at all.

Surely I wasn't a threat. It wasn't like I was advancing on them with a sniper rifle. Surely, being players of the game themselves, they could tell exactly what I was. I didn't have anything worth taking, and I couldn't fight back.

I just don't get it. :(

I never EVER play on official servers. I've got a favorite without too much PK'ers. Its Called RP 1. Its a very nice community play. If you are tired of getting ganked everytime you get gear and stuff.. I always play with a couple of friends :)

PS. You will have to create a new char on that server since its not an official one, but everything saves like normal!

Edited by Xionize

Cans of food and water bottles are plenty enough reason to kill someone for some people.

That said, they probably just wanted to kill anyone they came across. It's the nature of the beast.

I disagree to an extent. For new players - yes. For anyone who actually knows the game, one trip to a supermarket and you have enough food, drink, bags to last you a good day or so's worth of play.

Your second reason hit the nail head on. It is a first person PvP game with zombies added in - why else include sniper rifles?

(and yes, blah blah blah sandbox play whatever way you want.... I get it.)

vent around today and collected some gear for tonights raid...

http://img543.images...2782/lootsy.jpg

when you see someone you simply wont take the risk, 90% of all ppl will kill you on sight, and if you have some rare weapons and stuff u will never take the chance...

there is a major different between survivor and bandits nowdays, survivors stay hidden if they see someone that dont see you, a bandit may open fire no matter what, one part stays away from trouble the other part seek it

Zombies alive/total: 0/0

wtf, you farm loot on empty servers or something?

• Like 1