nexXtec

[WIP]DayZ Character selection screen(new interface!)

Here is another suggestion of mine. This is a concept so please don't hate on it. :D

Anyway, this is a solution on having multiple characters i.e. 1 char per map. Hopefully we'll see more maps in the future but for now I added Chernarus(official) and Lingor Island(community made map).

Many of you will be like "OMG I want multiple chars on the same map D:< " but guys that makes no sense, let me explain it to you.

See Chernarus is in Russia, and Lingor Island is in Columbia, there is no way that your character could travel 11000km oversea with boat/plane. You need refueling and crap of other stuff. That's why your characters start at different locations. And remember, 1 char per location.

Features:

-char selection

-displays main info such as: Map name, Name and Days alive.

-after selecting a character, the client sends info to the hive so it can load up your character data and distribute it to other servers

*Character by Hazzard65 -> http://hazzard65.deviantart.com/

** Poor quality because of imgur's encoding software

NEW WIP:

xcfgF.jpg

OLD:

http://i.imgur.com/GkPGm.jpg

Edited by nexXtec
  • Like 27

that's pretty cool

Thanks bro :) but this needs a "mastered" version because it doesn't have a zombie-apocalyptic interface, but the main idea is here.

Wow nice touch with actually showing the interface and good ideas.If a publishing or developing company acted intelligently and saw the potential and success of this game we would have all these awesome features and wouldn't even need this page, but sadly I think all of this is in the far future.

Wow nice touch with actually showing the interface and good ideas.If a publishing or developing company acted intelligently and saw the potential and success of this game we would have all these awesome features and wouldn't even need this page, but sadly I think all of this is in the far future.

DayZ doesn't need a Publishing company, it's going fine so far. The features are coming slow but hopefully it will pay off at the end.

Before they do something like that, we get much more fixes. I hope so.

Thanks bro :) but this needs a "mastered" version because it doesn't have a zombie-apocalyptic interface, but the main idea is here.

I think the blood was supposed to cover that, but I think it looks pretty epic :)

They will surely have something like this in the stand alone version. No need for this in alpha mod.

• Like 1

While I must agree this selection page does look nice, I believe the whole point to the DayZ mod was to not be like other games. In the fact this isn't supposed to be a fast paced zombie shooter that looks amazing. It's a tatically paced shooter that looks decent and is fun for gamers that actually know what they are doing when it comes to playing video games. And yes having an interface would be nice but I think once that happens and the game gets all pretty it starts down a path that it never wanted to be on to begin with. I kinda like the rough around the edges feel of the game the way it is now. It discourages a lot twitch players from play a game like this. Which why I left the Battlefield series and now devote my game time to Arma and all it has to offer to include the DayZ Mod. But nice work man that looks really cool!

I find this highly appealing to me :)

I'd also suggest a tab on the bottom right for character customization, too!

While I must agree this selection page does look nice, I believe the whole point to the DayZ mod was to not be like other games. In the fact this isn't supposed to be a fast paced zombie shooter that looks amazing. It's a tatically paced shooter that looks decent and is fun for gamers that actually know what they are doing when it comes to playing video games. And yes having an interface would be nice but I think once that happens and the game gets all pretty it starts down a path that it never wanted to be on to begin with. I kinda like the rough around the edges feel of the game the way it is now. It discourages a lot twitch players from play a game like this. Which why I left the Battlefield series and now devote my game time to Arma and all it has to offer to include the DayZ Mod. But nice work man that looks really cool!

Thanks! :D

Regarding the interface, I know what you mean, nobody wants DayZ to turn into a mashup between Dead Island, L4D and WoW. I always aim for minimalism, however this is only a CONCEPT, which means that there will be more. I try to experiment with PS in my free time, so you guys can expect more from me.

Also check my content page, I've already made a few quite interesting suggestions(with images, I know you guys like images :'D ).

I find this highly appealing to me :)

I'd also suggest a tab on the bottom right for character customization, too!

Character customization will be Web-site based, it's something that Rocket and his web desgin team are aiming to release pretty soon(official release of DayZ beta?). :P

Maybe make it so when you scroll over each map it would display how much Health e.g Filling the character with colour is blood and just white is lost blood. and If you have a Ghillie suit or Bandit Skins (Lingor Island) it would display

Thanks for the support guys, have another concept in the works ;)

dude, you are very talented, havent you asked the dev team to accept you?

dude, you are very talented, havent you asked the dev team to accept you?

Oh c'mon, there are thousands of other talented GFX designers :P I'm just an amateur.

OMG that is amazing i love it! just take my money!

and about the lingor island. can we play in it yet? if so how?

Edited by BoudhaBanana

OMG that is amazing i love it! just take my money!

and about the lingor island. can we play in it yet? if so how?

Lingor Island is a community made map and the DayZ mod of that map is being developed by a different dev team.

However it obviously uses the same DayZ files but the loot/zobmie/vehicle spawns have been modified.

But as it is unofficial I won't link their site here, just go on Youtube and type in the search bar "How To Install Lingor Island" and the first video that shows up will have a DayZ thumbnail.

new work in progress looks great, I'd love to see something like this implemented in the standalone game.

Edited by wtfosaurus