Yarden

Winchester is better than military grade weapons?

I feel that the weapon modelling is still at an early stage. They do seem out of whack. However, most combat in the game does happen over short distances, and at this range it mostly comes down to aim and speed.

Another issue in weapon choice is ammo, and if military weapons arent really that effective in this scenario, why is their ammo soo frickin scarce?

AKM now is the best weapon ever

now its so SILENT!

Say what? I used it like 2 days ago and every zombie within view was after me.

In 30+ hours of mostly "head north, scavenge small towns and barns" play style I've only found an AK47 once (deer stand). It packed a great punch but was so loud it aggro'd every zed in sight so I ditched it. Considering I never saw anymore ammo it was a good decision.

I love both the winchester and the enfield. Both pack plenty of firepower and ammo is so abundant I find myself passing over it.

I'm sure the military stuff is more powerful, but you have to hit the crowded deathmatch areas like the cities and the airport to find it. For my play style which largely consists of giving those areas a wide berth, the lee and winnie are the best options. Plenty of power, plenty of ammo, and I don't have to run a gamut of bandits to get them.

Yeah, winchester is better than anything in this game. I just love to kill survivers armed with winny with my M14 Aimpoint. I can engage them at 400-500m when they can at 100-200.

Nothing beats Winchester and M1911 combo. Ammo count is what matters in this game. I don't worry too much about other players,,,

The Winchester is a single fire' date=' cock and reload rifle (shotgun in this game for whatever reason)

[/quote']

Why are you confused?

The Winchester company produced several firearms. One of the designs was a lever-action shotgun...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_1887/1901

Derp, it's a Winchester Model 1886 which is a lever action RIFLE.

Every single military grade weapon is better than the Winny. It's only real advantage is ammo availability, and if you know where to look for AK/STANAG rounds that's not really an issue.

I could only recommend the Winchester over military grade weaponry to lone wolves who avoid player contact and populated areas at all costs.

Military.

I would go this order for pvp. From my experience of 130+ hours in 10 days.

I personally prefer the M14 (if i can find it) then the M4 CCO/CZ depending on my mood. But ignore what i prefer and read the chart for what actually works.

Long Range 300+ meters

-Snipers

-m14

-AKM

-M's

-AK's

-LEE

-Slugged Mil Shotguns

-Winny

-MP's

-HANDGUNS

-pellet mil shotguns

-mak

Medium Range 100-300 meters

-SNIPERS

-M14

-AKM

-M's

-AK's

-Lee

-Slugged Mil Shotguns

-MP

-Winny slugs

-Hanguns

-pellet mil shotguns

-mak

Short 50-100 Meters

-M14

-AKM

-M's

-AK's

-MP

-Slug Mil Shotguns

-LEE (CZ here if it is a server with reticle)

-Winny

-Pellet Mil shotguns

-handguns

-mak

CQB - 0-50 meters

-Hand grenade (let's say multikills on peeps in balota is not uncommon)

-AKM

-M's

-AK's

-Mil shotguns of any kind

-MP's

-winny

-Handguns

-LEE(CZ if reticle server)

-Mak

-CZ

Also best thing to do to get guns is join a night server(you may not be able to see well, but pick one with the moon) then go to balota and check the deer stands by tents and the tower and hangers. Run 300 meters out of town then server hop (make sure not to cheat by server hopping if your getting attacked... its gay. dont do it). Once you get good guns go to north Chern you will see a hospital by 5 apartment buildings. Grab food and packs here and bloodbags ect.

At this point you can either group with your friends or make some for fun, or you can pvp on the coast (i would suggest attacking from hills) or you can explore the lands ect. If you want better gear, hit up stary sabor and NW airfield, ORRR for a slightly safer but longer travel hit berizino mil tents and NE airfield. Less loot and longer travel, but slightly player safer.

Keep in mind you don't always have to shoot players. Throwing smokes near them (white and blank smokes don't work) or throwing grenades also are good plans.

So what exactly makes the rare military assault rifles better than the winchester?

i made a little comparison between the ak-kobra/AKM/ak-74/mp5 to the winny:

assault rifles: 2 bullets to the body to kill a zed' date=' 1 to the head.

pvp: usually 1-3 bullets to kill(depending on where you hit i guess)

range: durable on every range.

ammo: rare, can be found usually only in military bases/airstrips or deer stands

the guns are very loud.

mp5 is basically the same expect it is a very quiet gun.

winny:

1 bullet to kill a zed even if you hit him in the leg.

pvp: usually 1-3 bullets to kill even after the nerf.

range:short-medium+

ammo: can be found in every town.

the winny is quieter than the assault guns, expect the MP5 maybe.

so is the winchester really much better? or am i missing something?

[/quote']

This is pretty much completely wrong.

The AKM has 'effective range' of 400, though I've found it to be accurate up to 700 meters, and it can zero. It also is a 1 shot kill to zeds with a body shot.

The M4/Aks/M16s are all roughly the same power in terms of damage, though the m16s have a higher effective range of 400 compared to 300 for the rest, I've found the m16s to be accurate up to ~600-700 meters.

This is not including the FN FAL or the f2000 as I haven't gotten my mitts on one yet.

The winchester is about the same damage as the AKM I believe, except that:

It's as loud as sniper rifles now

Has a much slower ROF

it's not nearly as accurate after ~125 meters or so

The Remington 870 is pretty much everything the Winchester used to be except its more accurate than the old winchester was.