Sign in to follow this  
jamestrendall

Barbed wire file location? idea to fix artifacts!

Hey so as we are waiting for the new patch i was woundering could it be possible to "delete" the barbed wire from the game files to fix the artifacts glitch?

I have been searching the DayZ files to try and find the barbed wire and see if i can remove it or atleast hide the graphics for that individual item in-game!

It would be alot easyer next time for rocket just to give details of how to delete/hide/make item invisable via editing the game files. Im sure people would be greatfull for this while we wait for the patch to fix the problem!

The only thing i can think of that could cause a problem is people running in to a building and getting stuck on an invisable barbed wire but hey this idea is going to come with a price and thats that!

Cant wait for the new patch, untill then i going to see if i can find the files to edit the barbed wire and make it so it dosnt affect me anymore!

Isnt it a problem with dead NPC soldiers and one of the vehicles?

I would guess so yes. But a temp fix would be really easy either open a file find xxxxx change value to xxx <this would change the color/visability of barbed wire npc and vehicles so you either have to be stood on top of it to see it or just make those pixals invisable!

Or you could delete the corasponding files... Im sure alot of people would be very happy for this to happen,

Dont get me wrong im not one to moan "i cant play fix it now the patch is overdue" type of person, I would rather wait an extra week or 2 while they test the fix just incase other players become affected and i cant see anything near a friend!