Sign in to follow this  
fredaaay

Ban ALT + F4s from Server

Are servers hosts/admins allowed to ban people who get caught ALTF4ing?

Server admins aren't allowed to kick/ban players for any reason, the last I checked. I might be wrong, though.

But ALT-F4'ing is currently being tracked through the Hive, and the DayZ devs can ban people from the entire mod on demand.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

Nope, basically the ONLY reason admins should kick people are,Racism and profanity I think. Because you might never know if there connection dropped or something so that's why.

Ok, so not allowed to ban people with hacked in weapons either?

Edited by Fredaaay

Ok, so not allowed to ban people with hacked in weapons either?

as it is now no you are powerless.

the only thing you can do is send that part off your log to them and ask for a ban they will look into it and ban.

i dont know if they inmidiatly ban or with ban wave's but it seems like there are going to nuke the hackers pretty soon with a ban wave.

It would seem that currently we can start / stop servers and pay our paypal invoices. Everything else is met with hate and discontent.

Then again, all a blacklist really accomplishes is putting $50 a month back in your pocket......

I fail to see the downside.

\o/ Feels like this was a great idea to host a server. Just hope they'll let us enforce some laws soon against hackers...

\o/ Feels like this was a great idea to host a server. Just hope they'll let us enforce some laws soon against hackers...

Well guys like you as admin arnt the problem.

but sinds the bans are global its kinda to much power to give away.

they should allowed you to ban people from your own server in the main time though and send the log off that guy automaticly to HIVE as possible hacker so they can ban them for good.

or offcourse ban the admin for banning people because he didnt like them...

Edited by Despuiter

Well guys like you as admin arnt the problem.

but sinds the bans are global its kinda to much power to give away.

they should allowed you to ban people from your own server in the main time though and send the log off that guy automaticly to HIVE as possible hacker so they can ban them for good.

or offcourse ban the admin for banning people because he didnt like them...

Only bans caught by BE are global. Any ban an admin hands out is his server only. Please refrain from spreading falsehoods.

because arma 2 never ever crashes, nope never happens

also because alt-f4 never saves your stuff from death caused by a hacker or corrupt admin

get over it

its one of the few useful features in this mod