Sign in to follow this  
sostronk

Loot balance?

I know alot of people seem to dupe. But for those people playing legit, what are your thoughts on the loot balance?

- I think there is a stage where it gets really hard to find food, a little too hard. If you get to this stage without hatchet/matches/hunting knife you are pretty much dead... and it can come down a little bit too much to luck as to whether you have all 3 for hunting.

- Water is fine as long as you get a water bottle and plan ahead so you refill when needed. Soda cans are fairly abundant to fill in the gaps.

- Ammunition seems too easy to pick up/find.

I feel good about the other loots. Some could probably do with tweaking, but food and ammo seem to be the two most out of whack.

Well, I always try to get to cherno/elektro first. Load up on 3+ beans and 3+ sodas and I'm set. Then, I go to stary, where I can usually find a AR or a good sidearm. Then, I just do whatever the hell I feel like doing.

once you go inland, finding food is really really difficult, because there are miles and miles of nothing but one or two deer stands. do not go inland unless you have hatchet/hunting knife/matches

hackers and dupers have destoryed the loot balance.

AS50 thermals, AS50 thermals everywhere

I can agree with you on a few points, especially in small towns. I tend to find large amounts of ammunition and sodas, but when it comes to canned food there hardly seems to be any.

In larger towns such as cherno and elektro canned food seems to be spilling out into the streets, but once you go inland you are pretty much out of luck as far as food goes.

As far as the tools needed for hunting, I never have any issues finding the hatchet and hunting knife; but when it comes to matches, they are no where to be found...at all. I search houses, barns, firehouses, and even all of those in the big cities, but I have never ONCE found a box of matches that wasn't pulled off of the corpse of a decked out player.

Now I'm not complaining really about the food thing, hey it's the apocalypse, food is going to be scarce, but I do feel that they should cut back on ammunition and soda drops while adding just a little more food.

(Also maybe its just the fact that magazines refill after login that leads us to believe that ammo is overly plentiful)

Matches are the rarest thing to find in this game, I'm almost convienced.

Getting food/drink/hunting supplies is easy.

Step 1 - Find a gun

Step 2 - Shoot a foo'

Step 3 - Loot dat bish

Step 4 - Swagga away

Plenty of people use this strategy.

You don't go inland w/o a knife/matches/hatchet. Complaining about lack of food in an area you were unprepared to go into is silly. There's plenty of food when you can hunt and the game was designed so that you can get everything you need to hunt early if you take the time to do so.

Match's should have a limited number of use's while upping the chance of finding them (really, its a common item in a place that still use's outhouse's), hunting is kinda broken with the animal AI a wild boar will just stand in front of you while you shoot it in the head, water bottle system could use some work as I feel allot of those wells would be unsafe to drink from without boiling the water first.