Sign in to follow this  
JDogg1329

Why do the Australian servers take so long to connect to?

I live in Australia, and all the servers I've tried take a very very long time to connect, upwards of 5 minutes sometimes 10+, I get <100 ping to all the servers so it isn't lag. And the weird thing is when my friends and I connect to American servers with 150+ ping, the loading time is very short, maybe 2-3 minutes max, but we all get high pings. Why is this? My guess is that the Hive is located somewhere in America?

Probably has something to do with the hive being so far away from the server in our case. Despite the high ping there is no noticeable difference in terms of lag in-game, just play on US servers like the majority of Australians do already

Edited by smasht_AU

Probably has something to do with the hive being so far away from the server in our case. Despite the high ping there is no noticeable difference in terms of lag in-game, just play on US servers like the majority of Australians do already

I've only ever experienced hackers on US servers, and I like to keep my ping low, I've noticed using the hatchet on American servers is really hard. I just joined an Aussie server and it was a lot quicker than usual but still pretty slow, 4 minutes maybe.

I've actually had more difficulty trying to connect to an American server than an Oz. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes to connect locally, sometimes more. The US servers I tried were all <20 minutes each.