suspense

[Battleye's activity] Updated daily with the effects of active banwaves

I doubt hackers are even using legitimate copies of the game. <_<

If this week is anything to go by, there's no stopping them. :(

They are using legitimate copies. It's simply that they are buying them at prices around $2 per copy. Since that's a lot cheaper than a paid subscription for bypasses, bans are pretty much pointless against hackers.

They are using legitimate copies. It's simply that they are buying them at prices around $2 per copy. Since that's a lot cheaper than a paid subscription for bypasses, bans are pretty much pointless against hackers.

A hardware ban can actually stop them, but as far as I know the only anti-cheat that used hardware bans was PB. But PB stopped using it cause it was "too harsh"

A hardware ban can actually stop them, but as far as I know the only anti-cheat that used hardware bans was PB. But PB stopped using it cause it was "too harsh"

You can easily bypass hardware bans.

Rubbish.

Please, stop talking of things you dont know lol. Its not difficult to change and sproof the hwid and volume id. I've spent years in reversing, i bet you have not.

You can easily bypass hardware bans.

Sure, but most hackers wouldn't know how to bypass it, and it would still be far better than the IP ban

Sure, but most hackers wouldn't know how to bypass it, and it would still be far better than the IP ban

Problem is, IP and hwid bans are not fair ways of disposing of people, innocents will be hurt. A lot of computers are resale. And ips are dynamic

lol at saying an IP ban would work. You do realize that if you change the MAC address of your router it forces the servers at your ISP to give you a new IP right? Anyone can get around an IP ban and then the affected IP will be pushed on some other unsuspecting soul.

Edited by TheLaughingMan

Rubbish.

Please, stop talking of things you dont know lol. Its not difficult to change and sproof the hwid and volume id. I've spent years in reversing, i bet you have not.

The ones that don't know how to bypass it will pay someone who does know how to. There are a lot of very talented coders who make a living selling their hax.

And before "I can't belive people would pay for blah blah blah", think about all the "I can't believe that people pay to kill themselves with cigarettes / alcohol abuse / gambling addiction. Yes we can't belive it, but guess what.... It happens

Problem is, IP and hwid bans are not fair ways of disposing of people, innocents will be hurt. A lot of computers are resale. And ips are dynamic

That's what I said. Most companies are afraid to do it.

+Most cheaters aren't annoying idiots that "buy" the game over and over and constantly evade bans. Most cheaters just cheat once, get banned and move on...

The ones that don't know how to bypass it will pay someone who does know how to. There are a lot of very talented coders who make a living selling their hax.

And before "I can't belive people would pay for blah blah blah", think about all the "I can't believe that people pay to kill themselves with cigarettes / alcohol abuse / gambling addiction. Yes we can't belive it, but guess what.... It happens

As I said, only a minority of idiotic cheaters actually buys premium hacks and constantly evades bans. Most cheaters are just people that suck at a game, then download a hack and get banned!

I'm glad these guys are getting global banned. I've stopped playing because of all the hacks which is killing the game for me.

On the + side though...no wonder ARMA2 is high on the steam sellers list...all these idiots who keep buying the game because they got global banned. I wonder if the '1,000,000 users' is actually 850,000 with 150,000 repurchases! :) meh...

Thread updated with a new detection today, another bunch of hackers bites the dust!

Thread updated with a new detection today, another bunch of hackers bites the dust!

That's kinda fast! Only 2 days!

But we still have to accept the fact, that DayZ will be hacked into a bird simulator until it becomes standalone. It's none's fault, really.

I miss the early days of Punkbuster. Loved to play America's Army...hated running into the fog-hack people >.< I was going to try the new version of it, but I heard it was rife with hackers.

Personally, would prefer to see Hardware bans, to a degree...if it was PB doing it, and not Battleye. Got screwed just tonight after a mere week of play by BE. Lesson learned on my part; you see a fully repaired, nearly fully fueled Heli somewhere, don't take it >.< Also learned that if your heli slides into a forest after landing it 20 feet away from said forest, don't try to take off in it even if it ends up in a small clearing...you'll shift direction due to wind or something and die.

Spawned in again, died to zombies within 2 minutes of spawning (got trapped in a small building by two small groups), spawned in again, made some progress in regards to food and edibles...logged out in a safe area, logged back in to continue a little while later...and was banned.

Yes, I expect the invitable bombardment of 'you're a hacker',.I'm not, bit I still expect that reply. At the very least, heed the warning about the vehicles in this, and don't get into one unless you've fixed it up yourself.

I wonder if Battleye will be able to detect some Premium Cheat sites when standalone comes out. Cause even PB has problems with those sites

2 or 3 Days ago a VIP-Site has been busted, and 2 others have been serveral times before....

Depends on the formula, and the strings the algorithm used to take the info from. Some stuff, you simply can't change.

There a many different VIP sites.

For example, the one that created the Thundedrdome script gets detected all the time, if they flaunt their site name like that of course they will get detected.

Other lesser known sites though, those are the hacks that will be in the game forever.

Depends on the formula, and the strings the algorithm used to take the info from. Some stuff, you simply can't change.

Can't make sense of this no matter how hard I try.

There a many different VIP sites.

For example, the one that created the Thundedrdome script gets detected all the time, if they flaunt their site name like that of course they will get detected.

Other lesser known sites though, those are the hacks that will be in the game forever.

The one being detected like 3 days ago was a no-script hack.... Just sayin

Edited by Nik21

Well, this thread is hasn't been updated recently. There have been many new detections

There was a detection wave recently on a premium site.

If the OP wants I can forward some stuff about it.

It was a premium site, that doesn't use scripts. It is back up an running though.

I think rocket has learned a lesson about cheating and will produce something with eliminating them in mind. A very small number of shitbags isn't a problem on most games, it's when the numbers grow and admins have no ability to seek and destroy (sweep and clear for the military :P) the people doing it.

This thread is so old anyway. There have been like 15 banwaves since this thread has been updated (probably around 5000 cheaters banned)!