Jack Pilot

Your unluckiest/luckiest moments in DayZ?

Unlucky: Being thunderdomed

Lucky: Taking a L85 AWS out of the crate while in the thunderdome and disconnecting.

Somehow I kept the gun and all the ammo. Not sure why people kill eachother inside there. There is obviously a hacker in the server so why not just stock up on guns and go to a different server xD

You lose your current gun so you can take the same one if you feel like you are cheating. I don't mind keeping my L85 because I am playing for a long while and didn't find anything good at Stary Sobor, NWAF or any firestations. Best stuff I had was a kobra and a M9 SD with a Coyote backpack xD

Luckiest: going into one of the five hangars in the NWAF and about 3 bullets whistle past my head, image a quick exit and head to where I think the shots came from. By luck more than judgement I come across a sniper and a spotter sitting looking at the hangars. I kill both of them, then run off for heals off my mate, we both come back loot the bodies, get 2 nvgs, 2 dmrs 2 maps 1 gps 1 l85 aws, and 1 m4a3 sd.

Unluckiest: will all the gear I had looted, tried lying down on a rock and died a slow glitch related death. But it's all part of the game.

unluckiest:trapped in the middle of a city with a bunch of good loot and less than 600 blood

(this is my current predicament, i need a blood pack D: and someone to do a blood transfusion.)

Luckiest: Spawned just west of Elektro. Ran into town, somehow managing not to aggro any zeds. Two dead bodies by the firehouse, one in the firehouse, one in the restaurant, one in the hospital yard, and one in the schoolhouse later, I'm geared with everything I could need except a ghillie and nvg's, and I have a Bison SD with like 4 mags. Best start I've had.

Unluckiest: Making a run on NWAF with a friend of mine, he finds a tend with a hacked grenade in it. Decides to throw the grenade to see what happens. It just drops out of his hand and kills us both. Respawn at Krutoy Cap, and using the moon's location to navigate run all the way diagonally across the map. Get beat up pretty bad on the way by random zeds, but I find a map and some food and soda, and I eventually finish my nearly hour long run to the airfield. Takes me forever to be able to access our bodies, but I finally get my stuff back and grab some of his because he's lost somewhere in the south. Start running north to our base, and a pair of zeds aggro on me from nearly the edge of my vision (I'm crouch running in the grass in the dark, mind you). One manages to run up behind me and hit me once, which breaks my legs and knocks me unconscious. I bleed out, and call it a night. Time to rebuild today!

Unluckiest... Walking over the bench in southern barracks when my head touches the ceiling, leg breaks and fly through the wall knocked out. In the middle shower stall in the same barracks, lean out and... leg breaks, unconscious. Standing on second floor of firestation tower, start sinking into the floor like quicksand, leg breaks and I die. First pair of nvgs I had, body despawns so friends cant recover them. Friend opens a door... and well you know the rest.

2nd unluckiest: got snipered while snipering in the tower above the military tents in chern, lost m24, nvg, range finder, gps

Luckiest: managed to spam respawn until i got back near chern, raced back to the tower grabbing a shotgun enroute to find my body unlooted with all my gear. Looted everything while at the top of the ladder but not fully up the top

1st unluckiest: logged with all my gear whilst still on the ladder, next time I logged in i was still on the ladder with nothing....

Unluckiest:

Loosing my gear to a bug after surviving a 30 minute forest skirmish with me and my buddy being outnumbered 2 to 6

You mean I can walk through the crossfire of 6 assholes, take several gunshots, be knocked out for 30 seconds, bandage myself, get up and kill 4 people....just so the server can reset itself and throw me back to the coast with my gear gone....AWESOME

Luckiest:

I wanted an AS50

So I figured I'd travel to NE Airfield and do some sniper-killing with my trusty thermal rifle

Walked 1,5km....found a heli crash site with 2 AS50s....oh well....who needs the NE airfield

GO TO around 7:00 if you dont want to watch all the shit leading up to what happened.

My luckiest moment.

In the beginning i give a shoutout to someone who i shot?

What had happened was, a guy goes running by, and goes on ingame chat ""I SAW A SNIPER OMG" so i turned and shot him..

well, Turns out, he probably really did see a sniper (at the end you will see)

To all you people who go WTF lee-enfield + far away?

In my entire gaming history i have always done shit like this.

Regular rilfes "sniping" with them.

and able to hit things far away...i just enjoy it so..yeah

UNLUCKIEST MOMENT===========

getting a DMR + NVG + Rngfinder + Ghillie & tons of supplies And a vehicle. from killing someone

30 seconds later the entire server gets spawned to one location, and mass killed.

Second Unluckiest moment--

Filming myself going

OOH AN AS Five--FIFTY <-- then going OOOOOOHHHHH like a dumbass over voice out of excitement ;)

Edited by Brachra

After depositing my shit inmy tent i decided to do an unarmed run into elektro (hatchet only) to stock up on supplies. I brought my NVG's so i could see. Long story short i run into a guy with a coyote backpack in a barn, say "hey friendly" in chat, and get wasted.

Bye bye nvgs.

My luckiest and unluckiest moments happened within a minute of each other. I was low on blood, had no food, and began starving. I also had no map, no compass, no idea where I was and it was dark out. I ran and ran, was under 500 blood. Came across one of those tiny settlements with only a few buildings. None of the buildings could be entered, and by this time I was at about 100 blood. So I just started taking out the zombies. I finished with the zombies, found a can of sardines, and ate it with 6 blood left. That was the lucky part.

As I'm leaving that area, just moments later... I spot a pig, so I cap it and start gutting it, thinking of how close I'd come to death and how things were looking bright. While I'm gutting it... a zombie comes hauling ass out of nowhere and gives me a death slap just a fraction of a second before my gun is back at the ready.

Luckiest: Found a chopper crash that had nvg and M14 went into a nearby town to raid and found another crash with L85 and Bizon.

Also got shot and appeared to die but didn't go to the screen. Bleeding out and my body being shot multiple times still didn't kill me. Logged out and joined another server. Lost the M4A1 I got earlier and my Alice reverted back to the contents of it's previous owner.

Unluckiest: Glitch lost my backpack with the L85 and then died to a hacker after.

GO TO around 7:00 if you dont want to watch all the shit leading up to what happened.

My luckiest moment.

In the beginning i give a shoutout to someone who i shot?

What had happened was, a guy goes running by, and goes on ingame chat ""I SAW A SNIPER OMG" so i turned and shot him..

well, Turns out, he probably really did see a sniper (at the end you will see)

To all you people who go WTF lee-enfield + far away?

In my entire gaming history i have always done shit like this.

Regular rilfes "sniping" with them.

and able to hit things far away...i just enjoy it so..yeah

UNLUCKIEST MOMENT===========

getting a DMR + NVG + Rngfinder + Ghillie & tons of supplies And a vehicle. from killing someone

30 seconds later the entire server gets spawned to one location, and mass killed.

Second Unluckiest moment--

Filming myself going

OOH AN AS Five--FIFTY <-- then going OOOOOOHHHHH like a dumbass over voice out of excitement ;)

That video is classic! love it!

Luckiest: Just spawned on the far left of the map, not sure the name but its the town to the left of komrova, running up the shoreline are two crates so i decided to see if i could loot them, and for some reason i could get everything possible that spawns in game so i got a coyote backpack a G36C SD and a M9 SD, M24, food and drink plenty, GPS, compass ect. had the gear for two days didnt kill players with the weapons to randomly die by zombies at NW airfield. Just spawned in and i had broken bones and was bleeding out but i deffinatly didnt log out in that condition.

dont have and unlucky moment apart from spawning in with all my gear and bleeding out for no reason :/

I have several unlucky moments.

One time, I relogged into a game only to spawn without any of my gear from last time I played. There are many instances where a higher cap pack is replaced with the default coyote pack. There was another instance where I broke my leg by opening a door. Then, just last night/morning, I found my first crashed heli only to find two painkillers.

Luckiest- On the way the NWAF 2 crashaites within 5 minutes of each other. M107 2 mags FN FAL ANSPV yeah that one. And my current life

Is pretty lucky. 25 days and counting :D

Unluckiest- spawning in the northernmost woods gutting a pig mind you, I killed it with a hatchet. 2 snipers with dmrs open fire on my squad of 3. I and another squad mate survived. The guys with an m107 died.

Luckiest moment: Get killed, but my mate killed that guy.

Then I spawned and immediately found a bike to get to my corpse

unluckiest: to many to count

and maybe that one time where a cheater spawned right next to me with God Mode. Then he spawned a Helicopter right next to me which was the first time for me I could ever fly in this game.

was funny for the 1 hour it lasted till the server crashed.

Edited by nevver

Oh gawd ok I'll tell a few of my lucky ones and a few of my unlucky ones.

My lucky moments. . .

In a house in Chenro and for some reason it things deminished into a free for all outside. Ton of players just killing each other and litterally I think 5 died off right away. I'm guessing though one of the spawn hoppers was trying to get back into Chenro and ran into the house I was in with a horde of zombies behind her. All I had at the time was a enfield but for some reason she decided to toss a smoke grenade into the room I was in, still running about like a idiot and pissing off even more zombies. . . I started laughing a bit at this when I realized she tossed something else into the room and just as I hit the ground the whole fracken house exploded! I was like WTF?!? a grenade really? and needless to say when I crawled out (I took zero damage and no I have no idea how!) there she was about 15 meters away and well was zombie food. . .

*rubs chin* Humm another one. . . which one. . ah ok. Ah what the hell I talk about the incident right before this one. .Yea maybe a day or two before.

I spawned right on the coast near the south airport and had made my way into the small base there and found a huge backpack in a stand up there. I didn't have any firearms with me when i entered the base and it seemed oddly deserted (aka no zeds). While I had checked the other stands, they had been looted already and thus all I had was a hatchet. But this last stand had the backpack, so I figure ah what the hell. I started tranferring my stuff over to it when suddenly I got shot. Someone had slipped in while I was filling this pack. So I laid down and he fired a few more rounds. I was like oh well I guess I'm screwd since I was bleeding from the first hit. So I though ah hell with it i'll try to bandage myself, he fired a few more times into the deerstand but the bullets didn't hit me. The funny thing was as soon as I layed back down a AK spawned and I thought OH GREAT WHAT LUCK!!! So I quickly put the hatchet away and picked it up and fired a small burst back his way for the hell of it. He fired back just as the zombies started respawning and had to run about like a dam idiot to keep them from killing him! I was laughing so hard by this time I nearly fell out of my chair. And yea they killed him as he was running along the runway of that airport! I never had to fire another shot!

Lets see here my lucky - unlucky moment. . . (I think I posted this somewhere before.)

Eh got hit by a wily zombie up near the NW airfield, no I did nothing to provoke the attack the SOB just ran streight at me and broke my leg right as I shot him. I crawled whole distance back to a hospital without a compass and got turned around a few times in the process the periods of darkness didn't help. I even had to scrounge for food and drink in a couple of towns along the way since the first one didn't have any food. This took a variety of login sessions and was over a period of a few days to get to that hospital. Something like 4 or 5 hours maybe even slightly more I just don't remember for certain. Anyway after stashing my gear in the woods, I crawled into town only to find the hospital empty. So I crawled back to my gear and logged out.

The next day I figured ah I'll try it again for the heck of it. So I crawled back into town and for some reason the zombies were spawing like mad! I swear there must have been 40 or so! (I didn't bother to count, I was way too busy trying to avoid them.) Some where bugged for some reason and were walking inside one another! I happened to have a few cans so I tossed a few to get some of them distracted and managed to get the dam morphien I needed for my leg. But somehow this guy must have saw me and decided to kill me. All I had on me was a axe and a pistol with 1 clip and a extra morphien I looted. Still he took a shot and suddenly the whole group of zeds went after him and killed him! I just shook my head and thought what a fool! All because I had a axe? My pack and everything else of any value I had stashed! Anyway I crawled back to my stuff and logged out soon after.

The very next day I logged in. In the woods near this same town and I got hosed down by some hacker with a minigun who sprayed the area I was in. I have no clue as to how he saw me so fast from so far away, he was near the outskirts of the town, I was in the WOODS nor how in the hell he had a such a rapid firing weapon but well . . . NEVER AGAIN will I crawl that gawd forsaken 8 km or more.

My other unlucky moment was when I went up to a house stoop to loot something (you know one of those houses you can't enter but stuff spawns on the door step?) and suddenly with out warning 5 zeds start pouring out the door! I shoot one with my pistol and the next thing I know the whole dam town is after me! The next one breaks my leg and the third knocks me out. . . So I was Zed food. .

Edited by Who cares?

Unluckiest (kinda): playing on an unfamiliar server, finding a PBX, motoring out to sea to avoid snipers, server restarts leaving me at sea with no boat.

Luckiest: Making the long swim back to shore on my regular server, to find a motorcycle (my first!) and a jerry can waiting for me.

P.S. Motorcycle is the best land vehicle in the game for a solo player, I love it.

Unluckiest: Using the cover of darkness to work our way up from green mountain with the intention of hitting the NWAF if it seems clear with a friend, we pass that hill in the middle of the field close to Vybor/Kabanino when my friend spots a heli crash site off to one side of us, we stop to scope the area out since there are zombies around and we aren't close enough to have spawned them in when I spot 2 ghillied guys, one with a 50 cal rifle and the other with what looked to be an m4. The ghillied pair are about 400m away from us and seem to be heading for vybor so we sit and wait for them to move away when they aparently notice us because they turn and start sprinting our way.

We both had m4s at the time so a fight at that range vs a guy with a 50 cal sniper and little cover to speak of didn't sound like a great idea to us, we hightail it to the nearest line of trees and start to run east through it hoping they lose sight of us. Watching behind us the other guys are running right across the middle of the field as we cross the road when my friend calls out that one of them has seemingly vanished, only the sniper is chasing us now, we continue to run. About 200m or so further along my friend calls out that the guy with the m4 is back and he's suddenly really close to us, moments later i hear some silenced shots ring out behind me, he's firing on us now so i spin and open fire, taking him down about a second before his sniper friend runs out of a bush beside him and kills me then my friend a second later.

Between us we lost a coyote pack, 2 nvgs, a gps, an m9sd, m4a1 CCO, m4a3CCO and enough medical supplies that the sniper could patch himself up from whatever damage we might have done to him while he waited for his buddy to respawn and get back. Would love to know how they caught us like that when we were running in a straight line away from them the whole time, seems rather iffy.

Luckiest: Venturing down to stary on a night time server and coming in from the northwest when we spot a bus in the middle of the road, seemingly in working order. We split up to a couple of hiding spots and scoured the town and surrounding landscape for a few minutes to see who left the bus there and where they are, not a single zombie visible in or around stary so i take a risk hopping into the bus and driving away, thankfully it wasnt a trap and we make a clean getaway towards Rogovo. When driving past rogovo we find a pair of downed helis so we get out and split up to check one each since both seem clear of zombies with no bodies around to indicate players have been near recently, one has a night vision FAL, the other an L85. Shortly after this the server starts to get near constant desync and is generally unplayable so we swap to a new one and decide to start moving for berezino, along the way we find a 3rd heli on the big hill northeast of novy which has a 2nd L85 on it, holy crap this is our lucky day.

We get a little further towards berezino then call it quits for the night, the next day i log in planning to reach berezino and raid the hospital while waiting for my friend to get online, he shows up when i'm just on the outskirts and starts to move to meet up with me before we head south to meet up with a 3rd guy who's respawning after getting KOd by a zombie and mauled. While i'm rummaging around in berezino my friend arrives on the outskirts in time to notice a rather well geared player sneaking into town close by, he warns me then opens fire, once the dust has settled he moves in to loot the poor guy, he had an m24 nvgs a gps and a load of useful supplies on him, i claim the gps the nvgs are grabbed for our 3rd guy and my friend takes the m24 then we start to move south to meet up. We meet up near Msta Where guy #3 anounces he's found a downed heli, after clearing it out of zombies we check our spoils and hand over the spare nvgs etc only to find a 3rd L85 in the space of about a day on it, jackpot. http://i.imgur.com/JLGn8.jpg

Edited by Jihad

Luckiest moment(s) - Finding NVGs on the first helicopter crash site I discovered and then finding a coyote pack the first time I visited NW Airfield

Unluckiest moment - spawned on a hill and fell to my death losing above mentioned loot.

was running to elektro to grab basic loot after spawning. had nothing suddenly i hear on voice chat "STOP!!" i keep running and zig zag. suddenly get shot in the back with a shotgun and knocked down, thinking im screwed i respond "what ever i have nothing if you want to kill me go ahead". a player comes up and checks my back pack then bandages me shoots me up with morphine and says... "sorry sir just gaurding a camp and making sure no one comes around unauthorized do you need a transfusion?". i am stunned and reply yes, "stay here for a sec" he walks away comes back a few minutes later and gives me a transfusion. "do you need anything to help you out?" well a basic pistol and maybe some food would be awesome. "hold on a sec ill be right back" guy then comes back and gives me an m4, 3 clips for it, a few bandages, can of beans, water battle, compass, map, NVG, and tells me to not equip until ive counted to 100 wishes me a great day and walks away. was seriously the most bizarre and lucky moment ever in dayz.

luckiest: find a little war going on in the firestation, i got in at the end of the firefight, only had 3 guys left to kill. Went in with an enfield, came out with an L85, DMR, 2x GPS, 3x NVG, 2x Rangefinder, M9SD, coyote backpack

unluckiest: found a hacker camp with an ammo box with 100 satchel charges in it. decided to put the charges to use and at one of the last charges i pressed detonate charges by accident instead of put down charges..

2nd unluckiest: get killed by a door at the barracks with maxed out gear as a 3 weeks old character

Edited by Enemy11

Easy, earlier today I ran from Zelenogorsk to the NW Airfield. Found and M4A3 CCO, so I swapped it for my old M4A1. There was also a used PP-19. I then ran to devils castle and from there to Stary Sobor.

On the way to Stary Sobor I came across 6 tents in the order 1 tent, 3 tents and then 2 tents over the distance. They had:

FN FAL AN PVS-4

M249

Loads of other med/low value guns

Loads of mags

Antibiotics

Blood bags

Food

More ammo

etc.

Good to say that I'm now rockin' an FN FAL on a night server and destroying all these tards trying to get lucky at the Stary tents :3