Jack Pilot

Your unluckiest/luckiest moments in DayZ?

Oh gawd ok I'll tell a few of my lucky ones and a few of my unlucky ones.

My lucky moments. . .

In a house in Chenro and for some reason it things deminished into a free for all outside. Ton of players just killing each other and litterally I think 5 died off right away. I'm guessing though one of the spawn hoppers was trying to get back into Chenro and ran into the house I was in with a horde of zombies behind her. All I had at the time was a enfield but for some reason she decided to toss a smoke grenade into the room I was in, still running about like a idiot and pissing off even more zombies. . . I started laughing a bit at this when I realized she tossed something else into the room and just as I hit the ground the whole fracken house exploded! I was like WTF?!? a grenade really? and needless to say when I crawled out (I took zero damage and no I have no idea how!) there she was about 15 meters away and well was zombie food. . .

W

*rubs chin* Humm another one. . . which one. . ah ok. Ah what the hell I talk about the incident right before this one. .Yea maybe a day or two before.

I spawned right on the coast near the south airport and had made my way into the small base there and found a huge backpack in a stand up there. I didn't have any firearms with me when i entered the base and it seemed oddly deserted (aka no zeds). While I had checked the other stands, they had been looted already and thus all I had was a hatchet. But this last stand had the backpack, so I figure ah what the hell. I started tranferring my stuff over to it when suddenly I got shot. Someone had slipped in while I was filling this pack. So I laid down and he fired a few more rounds. I was like oh well I guess I'm screwd since I was bleeding from the first hit. So I though ah hell with it i'll try to bandage myself, he fired a few more times into the deerstand but the bullets didn't hit me. The funny thing was as soon as I layed back down a AK spawned and I thought OH GREAT WHAT LUCK!!! So I quickly put the hatchet away and picked it up and fired a small burst back his way for the hell of it. He fired back just as the zombies started respawning and had to run about like a dam idiot to keep them from killing him! I was laughing so hard by this time I nearly fell out of my chair. And yea they killed him as he was running along the runway of that airport! I never had to fire another shot!

Lets see here my lucky - unlucky moment. . . (I think I posted this somewhere before.)

Eh got hit by a wily zombie up near the NW airfield, no I did nothing to provoke the attack the SOB just ran streight at me and broke my leg right as I shot him. I crawled whole distance back to a hospital without a compass and got turned around a few times in the process the periods of darkness didn't help. I even had to scrounge for food and drink in a couple of towns along the way since the first one didn't have any food. This took a variety of login sessions and was over a period of a few days to get to that hospital. Something like 4 or 5 hours maybe even slightly more I just don't remember for certain. Anyway after stashing my gear in the woods, I crawled into town only to find the hospital empty. So I crawled back to my gear and logged out.

The next day I figured ah I'll try it again for the heck of it. So I crawled back into town and for some reason the zombies were spawing like mad! I swear there must have been 40 or so! (I didn't bother to count, I was way too busy trying to avoid them.) Some where bugged for some reason and were walking inside one another! I happened to have a few cans so I tossed a few to get some of them distracted and managed to get the dam morphien I needed for my leg. But somehow this guy must have saw me and decided to kill me. All I had on me was a axe and a pistol with 1 clip and a extra morphien I looted. Still he took a shot and suddenly the whole group of zeds went after him and killed him! I just shook my head and thought what a fool! All because I had a axe? My pack and everything else of any value I had stashed! Anyway I crawled back to my stuff and logged out soon after.

The very next day I logged in. In the woods near this same town and I got hosed down by some hacker with a minigun who sprayed the area I was in. I have no clue as to how he saw me so fast from so far away, he was near the outskirts of the town, I was in the WOODS nor how in the hell he had a such a rapid firing weapon but well . . . NEVER AGAIN will I crawl that gawd forsaken 8 km or more.

My other unlucky moment was when I went up to a house stoop to loot something (you know one of those houses you can't enter but stuff spawns on the door step?) and suddenly with out warning 5 zeds start pouring out the door! I shoot one with my pistol and the next thing I know the whole dam town is after me! The next one breaks my leg and the third knocks me out. . . So I was Zed food. .

Wow there's some bad luck in there =P ive just had my ural hijacked and will be using my chopper to hunt the thieves down ;D

Luckiest: I logged onto a server and was in a supermarket and saw 3 dead bodies, was rewarding because I found a few nice guns, but was also scared because there could have still been guys who killed them (I was in Cherno). I make my way over to some buildings when I see a guy camping in the top of the fire department/house? (he went up the latter outside, he was on top of the outside part). So I decide to take a look at what he's got, I was climbing the latter to him but didn't go all the way up, just so much as I could see him because I was in third person. He had a coyote backpack, which made me excited because I really wanted one. Right when he's not looking I climb up and spray him with my aks-kobra, at this point my heart was beating so freaking fast. I take his backpack and see whats in it, the things I took were the NV goggles, compass, 5 rounds of 30rnd AK ammo for my kobra, and the other type of binoculars (the rare ones), like 6 rounds of stanag SD mags, and a lot of other stuff that was useful. I get my ass out of cherno before someone notices me and I look on my map when I realize he marked himself on the map saying "I am here", he was baiting people so he could kill them.

Unlukiest: (This is a continuation off the story) I make my way over to Stary Sobor when a sniper shoots me in the head. yay!

Edited by flyinhigh

Lucky: I found a L85A2 aws in a heli crash along with a fn fal

Lucky: Finding a VERY desolated tent near the west side of the map end with nvgs and a coyote backpack

Lucky: Finding a group of about 6 tents near the other one containing a TON of supplies, and ammo for my newly aquired l85a2

Lucky: Found another heli crash with an ammo box containing: 10 dmr mags, 10 svd mags, and 10 m24 mags.

Unlucky: not having any of the guns to use the ammo with :/

Lucky: Finding a heli crash and being able to ninja my way in to get an FN FAL

Unlucky: about an hour later I spawn into a hospital in berenzino only for 4 shots to immediately be fired at me killing me instantly

Luckiest: Spawned in Balota, so i checked the Airstrip - got Mp5 SD + 2 Mags, M9 SD + 1 Mag and a Ghillie Suit just to find out ..

Unlukiest: ... that i cant wear the Ghillie with Female Model so i ask my mate to shoot me so i can respawn as Male. He then accidently Hide my Body <3

Lucky: Saw someone in the woods from me about 80 meters away who instantly unloaded an entire clip at me on full automatic from some AK variant gun. Every single shot missed.

Unlucky: I ran instead of shooting the bastard when he reloaded.

luckiest find..... found anti- biotics ( although a squad mate needed them 10 mins later)

unukiest .... on the far west side of the map me and one other guy pick a low pop server at night just so we can run south with no distractions to make it to the rest of our squad, as im running threw a random field not near anything ( 6 ppl on server) i get sniped (i was fully outfitted as the day before we were at the NWAF

Two good ones..... (Unlucky that is)

Drunk drove a Heli into my groups vehicle with all the gear in it, the people were in the vehicle too..... lol

Last night at the NW Airfield I stumbled upon a broken legged noober in the Fire Station tower. I was being chased by Zombies and told him if he helped me I would give him morphene. We start hacking the zombies as they are coming up the stairs and he accidently hits me in the legs and gets eaten. It knocked me out and I died.

Moral is don't help noobs within hatchet range, and don't learn to fly a helicopter after 12 beers.

I haven't been playing long so I'll throw in my best two luckiest moments,

Me and my friend were trying to flank the Cherno Snipe hill and stumbled upon a tent. He stood overwatch while I looted. Turned around and seen a whole bunch of them. They were fairly spaced out so I'm not sure if it was dupers but it had to have been a clan's. Tons of medical supplies, ammo, guns, tents, and vehicle parts. We took what we wanted and could carry and bailed.

Second would be me and my friend looting Elektro at 6 AM. It was sort of dark and we decided to meet up at the Fire House. A dead body with nothing on him was at the gate. We proceed in and there it was. 4 dead bodies. It looked like they were either kill eachother or fighting an outside force while trying to defend their position. They were hackers, though. Tons of epi-pens and morphine. M4 HOLO SD, AKs, and plenty of ammo. Fuckin' loaded.

Unluckiest? Got killed by a hacker along with everyone else on the server shortly after my legs randomly broke, lost a lot of time I put in there

Luckiest? Managed to Alt + F4 when my legs randomly broke shortly before everyone else on the server got killed.

Luckiest: Spawned in Balota, so i checked the Airstrip - got Mp5 SD + 2 Mags, M9 SD + 1 Mag and a Ghillie Suit just to find out ..

Unlukiest: ... that i cant wear the Ghillie with Female Model so i ask my mate to shoot me so i can respawn as Male. He then accidently Hide my Body <3

Man your friend hiding your body is such a fail ;D i never find guille suits.

Luckiest:

>Was running towards the northwest airfield through a field.

>Whining to a friend about how much I wanted an AS50 and a L85.

>Guillie suit survivor pops up in front of me just having logged in.

>I immediately take aim with my DMR and drop him.

>He had an AS50 and L85 on him.

>I was smiling for an hour after that.

Unluckiest:

>Exiting NWAF after a rather uneventful looting of the barracks.

>Log out in a random red roof barn and go eat dinner.

>Come back and look for a low population server.

>"Oh hey only four people on this server, sweet."

>Load into said server.

>Everything is dark and really quiet.

>Go halfway down the stairs blindly.

>"Oh wait I have NVGs hurr durr"

>Press N

>4 survivors sitting on the opposite platform all looking at me.

>FUCK.

>*Ratatatatata*

My luckiest, I was out of food and spent so long searching for animals that I was almost dying from hunger. Then I walk into a boar that stepped out from behind acouple of trees. I felt like it had given itself to me as a sacrifice, or if some bean god had smiled at me in my hour of need.

My unluckiest, my jimmies are still rustled about this one. I was up in a crane on Cherno or Elektro, looking out for newbies I could help. I saw some guy getting chased, then he dissapeared and a zombie was eating something where he was. I presumed he was knocked out and getting eaten, so I moved to the ladder, but fell through the railing and away from the crane.

The railing should have kept me in, since it connected with no gaps. I hadn't fallen down the ladder hole since I was falling away from the crane completely, like it had rejected my player. I thought I would die, but I broke a bone and got knocked out instead. I survived that, thanks to no zombies patrolling the base of the crane, and my morphene. Sadly the other player didn't survive.

Luckiest:

After a very long haul up North to Stary, NW Airfield and two heli crashes I gear up with SVD Camo and a few mags, Rangefinder and M9SD plus various other goodies.....

Unluckiest:

A few days later I was counter sniping in Electro, just took out a sniper on sniper hill and was scoping out another player in town killing another survivor when I hear SWISH SWISH.. you know the sound of an Axe as it swings.. I go back into 3d view to see what that noise was and see a survivor swinging an axe at me. I passed out and died a moment later. LOL. Sucks but that is the game.

I have no lucky moments in Day Z.

Unluckiest: Logging in after logging out in one of the watch towers by the medical tents close to the Balota Airstrip, I logged back in to break my legs, start bleeding, and be stuck until I die.

*Edit*

Luckiest:

I need to edit this, I found a Ghillie suit in a random house in one of the small towns by Stary Sobor, I was pretty damn happy.

Edited by Ordoo
  • Like 1

Luckiest: Wandering around in Stary I hear a helicopter flying nearby. It does a fly over and kills two guys I didn't know were in the city with me but misses me (already kinda lucky). Start leaving west end of Stary and they spot me, then try to aggro all the zombies and bring them to me. I fight them all off with a PDW and by weaving through bushes and trees. They must have thought I was dead, because they fly off for a bit. Start leaving Stary again and find another Heli, not in working order though. Queue jerks in working heli! They fly over me, I lay down in the bushes so they cant see me (i had a ghille suit and an SVD camo). They land their working heli right next to the broken down one. I pop up and shoot one in the neck, he goes down instantly but logs out, other one has no idea what to do and runs back to the heli they arrived in, and I take him out with a headshot. 5 minutes later another guy shows up and I take him out too. 3 kills = 2 helicopters.

Unluckiest: My buddy shows up to fly the heli to camp ( i have no idea how to fly them). Gets in, flies no more than 200 yards, THUNDERDOMED. Lost both helis and my buddy dies.

Yesterday, I found a M16A2 M203 at N/W runway then found a wrecked chopper & looted a M107 + 1 clip (first time finding both). Decided to go set up my tent so I could get some PVP action.. While searching for a spot to set up my tent, I stepped on a rock formation & my char abruptly goes flying into the air and instantly dies.

I respawn at Chero and start getting some basic supplies for a quick run to N/W to get my stuff back & I happen across a Dirt Bike. It was in working condition but needed hull repairs so I got side tracked from going to N/W to fix the bike. I ended up fixing it then stashing it just out side Elektro as I wanted to try & find a better backpack. I got what I needed was running out of the city when a hacker teleported on top of me and killed me..

Ended up logging for the day, but logged back in that server & the Bike was where I left it, so I kited out with basic set up and headed north.. Managed to loot a AKM & M9 and have decent amount of supplies set up in a tent. Found a few other tents with no good loot, (seem to be tents of guys that actually "play" the game not hack with duped shit) then found a S1203 Van in the woods that needed engine parts.

Seems a lot like every-time I play TBH.. I'm always just getting situated and then blam.. I'm dead.. So I still have the dirt bike (which is awesome for solo play), have a nice camp spot now I'm just waiting to have a stupid death to finish off the run.. See my end game is dying horribly after I get a decent kit set up.

Edited by crockett

luckiest... unbeatable:

i was north of cherno and took my binoculars out... after 1 or 2 minutes of checking i found 7 guys looking straight at me... i wasnt close to anything to hide so i decided to play some trolling games with them and i ran in zickzags right to them in hope they only have sniper guns... i ran for like 80-100 meters... i press Y and ESC -> Abort -> Dc... they tried to shot me with 15-25 rounds and i didnt got hit once... i connected to another server, walked behind there position and reconnected but they were all gone :(... would've ben a happy end to the happy end :DD

I ran into a Fire Station with an AK and killed 4 players from the same clan, and I didn't even aim(just sprayed). I was probably more surprised than they were. I just emptied a mag and dropped all four. I was kicked from server about 2 minutes later for hacking. Said Like "Banned for Aimbot" or something. Good stuff.

Unluckiest: Breaking my leg near stary sobor so i crawl my way back to Cherno, when i get there the Admin auto kills everyone.....

Your dumb, the admin can't kill everyone it was a hacker -.-

Unluckiest:

I was all geared, found Camo suit, the time with the bug that you spawn in the Water behind Kamenkha, i survived, had gear again, weapon and supplies, was on the hill deerstand, just 15 minutes under Stary Sobor, where a Zombie just swiped me climbing down the ladder with 12k blood and 1 hitted me nearly, i was in coma and died inside the timer, sucks but k i spawned right in Kamenkha and tried to run up to my body so i can at least get my stuff expect camo back, was 10 minutes near the hill, when the server restarted. stopped playing for a day after this.

luckiest:

me and my friend were farming deerstands, we went to one near Polana, we were a bit scared because 5 meters away were 2 tents with wired fences around, i was trying to put away the wired fence and my friend with a ghilli patroled a bit around the forest, when i heard just 2 shots and 2 players were killed, he had found 2 bandits trying to pown me any moment, he headshotted them with his fn fal both, they had m4 cco sd and nightvision + rangefinger,