Sign in to follow this  
iAwesome

A second Dayz account?

Hello forum.

So if I want two accounts for Arma II Dayz on my computer, do I have to redownload the whole game or is there a way I can just purchase the game digitally without downloading the game and get a CD-key, and somehow swap between two accounts?

And is it allowed to have two accounts playing on the same server? I purchased my other copy via Steam.

Steam *should* update your CD-Key whenever you launch your other account with the other CD-Key.

If it doesn't, you'll probably have to Export & Remove your current one from the Registry and import it whenever you want to use that specific account.

Edited by krtshv

Yes you can have 2 accounts. Yes all you need is a CD key. Yes there are ways to switch between your accounts. All you need is a cd key from Operation Arrow Head.

Edited by Zodiac13

Steam *should* update your CD-Key whenever you launch your other account with the other CD-Key.

If it doesn't, you'll probably have to Export & Remove your current one from the Registry and import it whenever you want to use that specific account.

So, how do I do it? Log in onto my current steam or make a new steam account? Do I need to redownload the game or can I use the files I'm currently using? This is so confusing :(

Edit:

Zodiac, how do i only purchase the CD key?

Edited by iAwesome

So, how do I do it? Log in onto my current steam or make a new steam account? Do I need to redownload the game or can I use the files I'm currently using? This is so confusing :(

Simply log into your other Steam Account with the other ArmA in it. It should detect that you already have it installed and update your CD-Key.

Always remember to run as Admin, though.

When I'm on my current steam account and try to purchase another copy, it says I can't cause I already own the game.

The sekrit is....

Separate steam accounts.... AND separate WINDOWS user accounts.

Works for me on XP.

When I'm on my current steam account and try to purchase another copy, it says I can't cause I already own the game.

You have to make a separate account for the second character.

Ah, I get it. I made a new Steam account and managed to purchase the game without redownloading the game. Obviously, as you're saying steam autodetects installed games, Now I just need to figure out how to swap between the accounts by starting Via Six Laincher.

Edit: nevermind, it did that for me as well. Thanks guys! xD

Edited by iAwesome

Six Launcher will be more complicated. You'll need to go into your registry, export your ArmA2 CD-Key hash (prolly both ArmA and OA) and then load up Steam, let it switch the CD-Key and export the new CD-Key hash. Then, simply double click the CD-Key reg key you want to use inb4 launching.