"Lost" Alice

Is Mountain Dew bad luck?

haha dayz has the best comedy than any other game out there. So many hilarious stories.

HAHA!

I never even thought of that, but a lot of hilarious and funny stories DO pop up!

The main reason why I love Day Z is because of the vastly different stories people have to tell from playing it.

This is the greatest mod ever, I mean how many mods for games can brag that they produce both Tragedy and Comedy in their players?

Edited by "Lost" Alice

I found 1 mountain dew and since that i got bad ass luck, i found a m16a4 acog and a m4a1 cco SD in the NW barracks

• Like 1

^ these two make me laugh every time, specially the 9/11 one. ( even though the second one i believe is a hack, it is still hilarious)

Edited by Post Hoc

^ these two make me laugh every time, specially the 9/11 one. ( even though the second one i believe is a hack, it is still hilarious)

OMG, xDDD

Those had me almost falling out of my chair,

Thanks for that, I needed a good giggle ^.^

My God...This all makes sense,Mountain Dew is made of pure essence of evil!

Here's my story.

So here I was,on top of the fire station in Elektro,decided to log out for a while to go to the bathroom,logged back in,the game spawned me in one of the houses FAAAAAAAAR away from Elektro (dont know the name)I almost started whimpering because of all the things I lost at that log in(I had NVGs,map,all the good,necessary toolbar tools) and good guns and the best backpack and a G17 with 3 mags(+1)

After a while,I managed to warp out of the house I had spawned in,and decided to look around for a bit,a few moments later I found Lee Enfield with a few mags,and a makarov with about 7 mags total,and TA-DAH!Lots of beverages,INCLUDING MOUNTAIN-FRIGGIN-DEW!

I decided to drink one Pepsi in order to celebrate finding that rare drink,after that I took the Mt Dew and left,few moments later aggroed some zombies,and few seconds later got shot at,looked behind player with AKM was firing at me,I quickly sprinted to an ditch,and hid there,watched as he was chased by a few zombies,BUUUuuut the zombies must've smelled my piss,and I was on the move.

I decided to start running behind the guy who was shooting at me,and noticed that I was bleeding.

around 8k blood I decided to get revenge on this guy,and emptied 1 clip on his back,he turned around and shot me.

Thats it.While I was respawning I began to think that maybe he was trying to shoot the zombies off of my back,and then I let it go.

So thats what picking a can of Mountain Dew did for me.Dont stop reading now,the twist is just ahead!

So when I respawned I was amazed the game spawned me on top of the SAME fire station with all the SAME equipments,all the SAME stats

I was speechless.

Maybe Mountain Dew is an poltergeist?

Please reply in this post!I wanna know what people think of my "story" or encounter with Mt Dew!

• Like 1

My God...This all makes sense,Mountain Dew is made of pure essence of evil!

Here's my story.

So here I was,on top of the fire station in Elektro,decided to log out for a while to go to the bathroom,logged back in,the game spawned me in one of the houses FAAAAAAAAR away from Elektro (dont know the name)I almost started whimpering because of all the things I lost at that log in(I had NVGs,map,all the good,necessary toolbar tools) and good guns and the best backpack and a G17 with 3 mags(+1)

After a while,I managed to warp out of the house I had spawned in,and decided to look around for a bit,a few moments later I found Lee Enfield with a few mags,and a makarov with about 7 mags total,and TA-DAH!Lots of beverages,INCLUDING MOUNTAIN-FRIGGIN-DEW!

I decided to drink one Pepsi in order to celebrate finding that rare drink,after that I took the Mt Dew and left,few moments later aggroed some zombies,and few seconds later got shot at,looked behind player with AKM was firing at me,I quickly sprinted to an ditch,and hid there,watched as he was chased by a few zombies,BUUUuuut the zombies must've smelled my piss,and I was on the move.

I decided to start running behind the guy who was shooting at me,and noticed that I was bleeding.

around 8k blood I decided to get revenge on this guy,and emptied 1 clip on his back,he turned around and shot me.

Thats it.While I was respawning I began to think that maybe he was trying to shoot the zombies off of my back,and then I let it go.

So thats what picking a can of Mountain Dew did for me.Dont stop reading now,the twist is just ahead!

So when I respawned I was amazed the game spawned me on top of the SAME fire station with all the SAME equipments,all the SAME stats

I was speechless.

Maybe Mountain Dew is an poltergeist?

Please reply in this post!I wanna know what people think of my "story" or encounter with Mt Dew!

I think mountain dew wants to stay with you 0.0 because it feeds off your grief and stress.

It will get you killed, but somehow stay in your backpack, to put more misfortune upon you, until it gets bored and moves onto another victim (usually via, being killed and looted by the killer).

Mountain Dew is pure evil!!!

Or in some cases, utter good luck, according to about 3 posters so far.. Haven't made a solid theory yet xD

I'm going to assume that the guys who have Mountain Dew as their lucky charm, are in for a shitstorm and the Mountain Dew is just biding it's time giving you all the best loots only to RIP IT AWAY FROM YOU WHEN YOU NEED IT MOST BWHAAHHAHA

Or at least that's what I'm guessing >.>

Edited by "Lost" Alice
  • Like 1

I've had a can of Mountain Dew for about 2 and a half weeks now... still alive.

All my friends have stayed alive while with me, but died multiple times without me.

• Like 1

I think mountain dew wants to stay with you 0.0 because it feeds off your grief and stress.

It will get you killed, but somehow stay in your backpack, to put more misfortune upon you, until it gets bored and moves onto another victim (usually via, being killed and looted by the killer).

Mountain Dew is pure evil!!!

Or in some cases, utter good luck, according to about 3 posters so far.. Haven't made a solid theory yet xD

I'm going to assume that the guys who have Mountain Dew as their lucky charm, are in for a shitstorm and the Mountain Dew is just biding it's time giving you all the best loots only to RIP IT AWAY FROM YOU WHEN YOU NEED IT MOST BWHAAHHAHA

Or at least that's what I'm guessing >.>

I think that sounds just about right,it's just waiting for a perfect moment to bounce out of the can and take away ALL your hard work.

Or maybe,if you rub it 3 times,maybe an genie will come out and give you three wishes?

Edited by Kristo112

I've had a can of Mountain Dew for about 2 and a half weeks now... still alive.

All my friends have stayed alive while with me, but died multiple times without me.

Thats what it wants you to think!Just you wait,sooner or later,we'll see your post here...

:)

I found a can of the Dew in an apartment. Maybe I'll run into some poor thirsty UNARMED person and give them a drink.

• Like 1

Just for the record....After reading this thread I nearly drank my Mt Dew but I thought better of it, Then, when I was running around looking for Heli crashes, I stumbled on an ATV parked right out in the middle of nowhere. I stole a couple things outta it and paid for them by leaving my Mt Dew.

I hope they appreciate it...Tee hee.

I heard it was bad luck for your sperm count, but that could just be one of those "wive's tales"

Once I was with my squad running around Black Lake and we found a camp with 8 tents, 1 URAL, 1 V3S, 2 Bicycles, and a UH-1H.

We approach and I spot a ghillie guy going through a tent, I take him out with one shot and loot the body, find Mountain Dew in his bag.

We loot the tents, max out our gear, blow the vehicles and take the Huey.

We fly around just fucking around, we I spot 3 snipers on the hill NW of Elektro.

Due to incompetent gunners we don't take any out and they fire a single shot fucking up the engine.

We're too high to emergency land, so I tell everyone to bail.

First guy bails early, is hit by helicopter rotors, I bail safely into the forest and last two guys don't even get out of the helicopter.

After hiding in the forest, the 3 ghillie guys run down to search the bodies and I shoot one with my AS50. Magically the other two vanish into thin air. Pussies.

I then loot the body, another mountain dew. I run to a vantage point of both Elektro and the crash and spot a black guy crouch running to the crash, apparently the server had name tags on and his name was Tupac. I fire a shot and the bullet passes straight through his backpack. He stops, I fire again, he takes two steps forward, I fire again, he suddenly stops and bullet goes infront of him, then he magically disappears as well.

My friends arrive back to loot their gear, and we're down at the crash when suddenly bullets start whizzing by. I turn around, spot a black guy, and well if it isn't Tupac again about 20m away. I shot him 4 times with my G17 just for the laughs and left him bleeding in the field. He ALT+F4'd after about 20s.

So to sum all that up, in my experience, having Mountain Dew is bad luck and will cause your helicopter to be shot down in one shot and make everyone you engage ALT+F4.

I was sceptical about this ... I've only found one can of mountain dew, drank it, and went to green mountain with my squad. found the jeep. Repairing the jeep when my squad was killed by a teleporting invisible cheater. I've always put that down to the curse of green mountain .... but maybe it was the dew?

I've got a Mountain Dew, and i'm going to use it as a lucky charm for my PVM adventures!:D

Whatever you do, don't drink it on Green Mountain at night. I did this once but I'm not sure if it was the spot I was crouching, the mountain itself, or the radio tower but I DO NOT recommend trying this.

I had three Mountains dews in my whole DayZ life. First two times I grabbed one I got killed almost right away (Friggin' bandits) so when I got the third one I said "Well, fuck, this time that bastards won't have this shit" so I drank it and ironically I'm still alive.

I have 2 Mountain Dews on a 40 Day old character, so no, not unlucky.

Found one on a mess of 20 or so bodies where I was then axed to death seconds later.

Hello everyone,I'm back with another story about my(and my friend's) encounter with Mountain Dew!

So get this,me and my friend were playing together,and we were in Elektro,right?We went inside the church there and find this bus in front of it(which scared the f*ck out of us(that's another story which I probably will tell at some point if anyone wants to hear it))so we sprinted inside the church and looted it in mere seconds and this guy came in,he looked really confused and we figured he was a newbie.

My friend and me started to discuss what to do with him and the guy started to run away and my friend shot him in the back with a M14,and I yelled at him "WHY THE F*CK DID YOU DO THAT?!"and the guy who he killed had a Mountain Dew on him,and my friend picked it up and I again yelled at him "DROP THE CAN NOW,ITS BAD LUCK.THERE'S A WHOLE THREAD ABOUT MOUNTAIN DEW'S EVIL PROPERTIES/CHARASTERISTICS!!"

My friend then dropped the can and we started heading towards Cherno in hopes of vehicles and good loot,and while we were heading there along the railroads my friend heard a vehicle approaching us from Elektro and we immediately went prone and again,my friend insisted that we kill the guy and take his tractor(yes we were desperate(were not bandits 24/7))

After we killed the guy I jumped in the tractor in order to check it's condition and found out that it was in perfect condition and I then started to screw around with it and drove it up the mountain and then down hill.Then I let my friend try it out and he did the same,only that he failed and the first time he drove down the hill/mountain he crashed and the tractor ended up on it's side.Well we then started heading towards the lighthouse which is really close to Elektro.When we got there we found to our amazement 2(yes,TWO bicycles) and then decided that we start heading towards the airfield in north.

I then started leading us there and found out that you can't brake fast with a bike and ended up in the water,and my friend asked "me where are you driving to" and seconds later he drove to the bottom of the ocean.We laughed a bit about it and decided to head towards Cherno instead of the airfield as its reeeeeeaaally far away from our position then.

While we were heading there,my friend stopped for a moment to eat/drink and suddenly out of the blue this guy in a ghillie suit jumped out of the bush(we didnt head any footsteps) and we didnt know what the f*ck had just happened and the ghillie guy then slaughtered my friend with a hatchet.Before he killed my friend,he managed to shoot about 5-10 shots from his m14 to the guy but he didn' die,while he was shooting at him,I shot 2 full AKS kobra clips at the guy,about 30 rounds hit him in the head,yet he didn't die.

I then decided to leg it and started running away while the lunatic chased me,only to be shot down by his M9 SD.After he broke my bones,he walked to me and killed me via his hatchet.While we were in the lobby I chatted to my friend via Steam chat and said to him " I told you,Mountain Dew IS bad luck"

BTW,we figured the guy was a hacker,but that didn't bother us since we got a "funny death"(instead of the sniper b*lls*it)

And before you start the calling us bandits,don't.We're not bandits,we've just got a lot of pent up anger after being killed countless times because of others(=we sometimes kill others in order to relieve the pressure,then go non-bandit)

TL;DR = Mountain Dew is,once again,BAD m*thaf*cking luck!!

Edited by Kristo112

2 days ago I was re gearing in Cherno and as luck would have it the 1st gun I found was a M4 A3 CCO. I continued on and noticed the doors were shut to the church and I decided to investigate.

I opened the door see some guy picking stuff up on the ground and he had a few things I needed as well as a gun so I gunned him down. He ended up having a Mp5 SD & the Alice BP that I needed but also a Mountain Dew. I took what I needed as well as the dew and carried on with my business.

Met up with a few friends and we decided to go to a more active server while we were up in Stary with my Mountain Dew coming along for the ride. We logged into the other server and I hear sniper fire soon as I appeared on the map over to my left then see 2 or 3 guys running across a field. Next I hear a .50 right behind me and I'm dead.

Right at that point 1 of my friends logged in and just in time and killed the guy that killed me, whom was looting my body then he was killed pretty much instantly after that. Luckily we caught our 3rd guy on coms b4 he finished logging in.

That was 4 people that died because of 1 Mountain Dew.. How many died prior to me finding it or after I lost it, I have no idea.. Don't do the dew.

Edited by crockett