Sign in to follow this  
harley001

Less cheapness?

Now I have been playing Dayz for some time now and I am starting to understand why the life span is so low for noobs. Besides the fact that their noobs.

Now before you rage at me I LOVE DAYZ i think its a great zombie simulator. But it has problems *which like all mods do* but they can be and should be fixed if possible.

1. The zombies are to fast. I don't mind running zombies, I actually prefer running zombies over the dumb slow zombies which are so easy to kill there is no challenge. But when a zombie can run faster then and only stops to stand still for no reason your zombie are to freaking fast. Unless their a special type of zombie or something. But They should run slower. You should be able to outrun because if your are new and unarmed then your screwed if some of then chase you. Because unless you hide in a house or something their NEVER stop. Also it makes them to hard to kill. I don't mind challenge but every time i slow down to try and shoot them their already right in my face.

2. Broken leg is to common. My most recent character was all decked out with a sniper, a pistol with tons of ammo. A camo suit and all the gadgets and food/drink i need. But what killed him? Well nothing because i walked off a 4 foot shack and my legs broke.... Then I asked some player to shoot me. He did and was happy with all my loot. *least it didn't go waste* Nothing more frustrating in the world then a zombie coming out of no where hitting you once your legs break. GG. Unless by the rare chance you have morphine. Or a friend does. Please make it less common. Or at least make it easier to treat, like being able to use painkillers to walk for a short time or something like that.

3. The zombies, they are spazoids. The animation for them involves them moving very quickly so its hard to hit hit them while their attacking and teleporting to you. I have got hit from great distances, i got hit though walls *even with the new patch* It almost looks like the zombies are smart and are actually making a effort to DODGE your bullets or attacks depending on your weaponry. Their zombies, their not suppose to be smart their suppose to be stupid and charge straight at you. 90% of the time the zombies come at from me from a angle and rarely run straight. They are almost always running left and right till last second.

4. I approve of taking away some of our stuff. I am glad bandits can't farm noobs for beans, or for a gun and ammo. Plus no more wanna be bandits with nothing to lose. But at least start off with a hatchet or something! If a zombie is chasing you, you have no choice but to run. What else can you do? Its annoying because at day time you have to crawl or their WILL see you. And if you go on a road their most likely to see you. So you need SOME kind of way to defend yourself. Let us start with a knife that we can stab em with or something along those lines.

Now if you disagree with me you can say it in a civil manner. Like i said i like difficulty but i don't like it when its just flat out cheap. I am actually interested in what you have to say if you disagree with me. But please don't be the fan boy who screams "YOU JUST SUCK AT THE GAME GET GOOD OR YOU WONT DIE SO OFTEN, YOU JUST WANT TEH GAME TO BE EASEH!" This is coming from a guy who had a character last for four days with almost all the tools and a alot of firepower with ammo to back it so I know how to play Dayz.

PS that guy died two week ago before you accuse me of just being mad.

Edited by harley001

It's actually easy to lose zombies, hide in a conifer or run through a building with a second exit and out the other way. Search barns and industrial areas for weapons e.g. axes (Industrial best for axes)

Its alpha huh? I wasn't aware! This is SUGGESTIONS! I am just SUGGESTING some things for the future. You know so maybe one day in a future patch some of these might fixed. Plus I made it clear its all opinion. Also morphine isn't the easiest thing to get and its often guarded by bandits looking for players to try and take it.

And yes i am aware its easy to lose zombies but sometimes i am in the middle of a road or something and a random zombie chases me until I found a town and hide in a building.

Edited by harley001
  • Like 1

I agree with you about the zombies speed/ and pathfinding. How easily you can break your leg is also, most definitely, an issue. As for your fourth point, about starting out without a weapon, I am not so upset by. Simply because it's so easy to run straight to a building, slow the zombies, and find a hatchet or Makarov. Also, I think it's Rocket's intentions to make your player practically "start from scratch."

Its alpha huh? I wasn't aware! This is SUGGESTIONS! I am just SUGGESTING some things for the future. You know so maybe one day in a future patch some of these might fixed. Plus I made it clear its all opinion. Also morphine isn't the easiest thing to get and its often guarded by bandits looking for players to try and take it.

And yes i am aware its easy to lose zombies but sometimes i am in the middle of a road or something and a random zombie chases me until I found a town and hide in a building.

They're actually working on it now. I wish they'd just take the animations from the chernaurus apocalypse mod, those animations are perfect in every way.

If you would use the 'search' button ,you will see that there are many other threads just like this ,and yours is just as useless ,the devs are already working on solving these 'problems' .

Edited by Ex0phic

Read the two links in my signature.

The only thing I agree with you is the spazzyness of the animations.

Edit:

... But please don't be the fan boy who screams "YOU JUST SUCK AT THE GAME GET GOOD OR YOU WONT DIE SO OFTEN, YOU JUST WANT TEH GAME TO BE EASEH!"

Quite frankly, that is exactly what Rocket -- the main guy behind DayZ -- is telling you.

DayZ was designed to be impossibly cruel, dark, and brutal. It was not designed as a game it was more of an experiment, I prefer the term "anti-game" - in other words the mechanics are not designed to be balanced, or offer a way out for different situations.

Why make something that has already been done?

I hear what everyone is saying, and yes - its cruel and unsporting when you get killed 10 seconds into the game. But that's what this is, it is brutal, it is cruel. This is not fair. Maybe you will hate this game. Maybe you already do. It is an unforgiving environment with no structure.

This is going all the way, to whatever end that is.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

1: If you can just outpace the zombies, then there's really no challenge. Run into cherno, snag some loot quick, then sprint into the forest.

2: Morphine is rediculously easy to come by, just go to a hospital (there's 2 hospitals and 2 med tents in cherno alone) I always have 3-4 auto injectors on me. And if you snap your leg in the wilderness? Suck it up. I'm currently near Berezino with a broken leg, and i crawled there from the other end of Gorka.

3:They're zombies, with barely enough mental capacity to function, they're going to be erratic. DEAL WIT IT, YA ****

4:Head into a town with at least a medium-value industrial area, and you'll find a hatchet, gurantee it. I found 7 in the same building yesterday.

1: If you can just outpace the zombies, then there's really no challenge. Run into cherno, snag some loot quick, then sprint into the forest.

2: Morphine is rediculously easy to come by, just go to a hospital (there's 2 hospitals and 2 med tents in cherno alone) I always have 3-4 auto injectors on me. And if you snap your leg in the wilderness? Suck it up. I'm currently near Berezino with a broken leg, and i crawled there from the other end of Gorka.

3:They're zombies, with barely enough mental capacity to function, they're going to be erratic. DEAL WIT IT, YA ****

4:Head into a town with at least a medium-value industrial area, and you'll find a hatchet, gurantee it. I found 7 in the same building yesterday.

In all honesty your zombie quote is 100% incorrect. Zombie's are rotting, they are barely capable of running let alone knowing to dart around to dodge bullets.

And saying deal with it then acting like that first make sure you Understand his post.

Edited by jeijo25
  • Like 1

There are some things I have to agree with in this post.

1. Zombies are rotting chunks of flesh, how fast they are is bad. The fact they died, then most likely rotted for two, perhaps three days, then have been walking around for a very long time, all the while rotting, somehow gave them super speed? Seems legit. Then they spaz...HOLY CRAP THEY SPAZ. The animations need A LOT of work, and the AI needs a definite tone down. Running at you with a, say, 3% chance they still have enough of a brain to strafe.

2. Can't agree with you there, but I am willing to say broken legs should almost never happen when fighting a zombie that stands up. A crawler would be very likely to do that, making them a dangerous thing if they get close. I can safely say, a zombie that is standing straight up and whacking you right across the face should not break your legs while one that is grabbing at them and twisting at them should.

3.(Addressed that in one)

4. No. If you ask me, that would give an incentive to a bandit that does not have a hunting knife for gutting animals. Now, I have died because I needed to get used to the absolutely AWFUL control layout for the game. It was obviously meant for an X-box 360 or windows controller, not a keyboard. I mean, enter to open a container? Who's idea was that?!(Although I have gotten REALLY good at it. :3)

5.Then there is the hackers. If anything I can think of several ways you can implement a way to stop them in the DayZ servers. Add an overlay that says only admins(Designated IPs) can input a script of any kind. Players that are not designated to be allowed are global banned, permanently. Which, honestly, surprises me they have not done that yet.(At least, I think. Correct me if I am wrong.)

Otherwise, I think this is well on its way to becoming a fully fleshed out game.

On the off chance Rocket reads this, this portion is designated to him:

I think I can safely say, you like the popularity this has brought you, and you ARE NOT willing to let it go. Otherwise, why do you still work on this? Making the zed a little slower and dumber is not a bad idea, it is just progression to a game that is sell-able. That is right, you can make a game, and sell it. You have created so much potential, so much...Greatness. Why toss it out to be stubborn? Sometimes, you must change the game just a little bit, to make a game that is the greatest selling thing in the world. I am not sure how much you actually talk to, and listen to, your followers, but I hope this gets to you. (Note, this is my opinion and criticism. They are not meant to be a direct order, only an insite, on, I am sure, how many people think.)

• Like 1

I just decided to check back here. Dancing Russian man, I saw rocket say that. He wants to the game to be difficult, not cheap. Also SUGGESTIONS! Remember that word. There is cruel and challenging then there is "WHAT THE F*CK HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!?" moments. Those aren't good btw.

1. it's alpha, get used to it

2. carry more morphine bro

3. again it's alpha

4. lrn2stealth

LOL ... i've only been playing for a few days and they have changed a few things ... pretty sure they will change a bunch more ... thats why its an alpha