Sign in to follow this  
deceitfulburger

Aiming problems.

For some weird reason, I don't know if anyone else has this problem. But when i move my cursor, my gun moves a little, then finally my character moves. The easiest example to describe is in fist person. When i move my mouse to one side, my reticule follows it until it reaches the edge of my screen when my character finally turns. Does anyone know to a fix to this? Maybe I accidently hit a button?

nope, its not mouf smosing. its aiming deadzone or whatever it was called.

edit: damnt too late xD

Edited by Foxtail
  • Like 1

nope, its not mouf smosing. its aiming deadzone or whatever it was called.

edit: damnt too late xD

Ah. I've re-read and yeah, my bad.

• Like 1

I know, I just realized it may be that after I finished typing this thing up. I bought a new pc and turned all my settings to max to see if it could handle it. And it does. Thanks you everyone

Incidentally, you may want to actually leave aiming deadzone on, even bump it up, and get used to it - it's actually a cool feature when you're comfortable with it. I know it's different from playing a shooter, where in order to aim at something your avatar needs to comically rotate their entire body on a pivot (so realistic!), but remember that Arma 2 and Day Z aren't really shooters. Shooters benefit from the added agility that gives you, but try circle-strafing someone in Arma 2 and see how far that gets you. Aiming deadzone ftw.

Aiming deadzone can help you a lot when tracking moving targets, or when trying to stay hidden (gun moving slightly is far less noticeable than a man rotating in place).

Mouse smoothing on the other hand? Kick that to the kerb, asap.

Edited by debaser