Sign in to follow this  
JakeXP

Should I ban this clan?

Basically I'd like some input from other server admins and anyone who has had to deal with similar situations.

There is a clan that frequents our server who we, as well as others on the server, have suspected of cheating / foul play for a while now. Their ability to find our vehicle locations almost instantly after relocating them is second to none, as well as seeming to know where we are. Twice they've waited for us to leave different camp locations to kill us. Both locations were opposite ends of the map. One of the times they had parked their ATV (which was ours, hidden in a completely different place that they managed finding before making their way to us) about 500 metres or so away whilst scoping out our camp with an AS50. Bearing in mind our camp was located beyond the peak of a hill meaning they had no sight of it from where they were, yet they knew we were there.

Anyway, each time they've raided our camp and vehicles we've managed to find them again due to them hiding them in obvious places (along the top of the map) and us having a good amount of man power. Their very first camp we raided must have been there a while with 15 tents or so full of what appeared to be duped guns, ammo, supplies and coyote backpacks. Amongst these duped guns were 7 holographic suppressed M4s, which are not in the game as far as we're aware.

So today after all of the suspicion I decided to take a look at the logs to see if there was anything else they were guilty of. I wouldn't say I was surprised when I saw 2 of their members both had the thermal AS50s as well as silenced PDWs. Fair enough if one of them had killed someone who had scripted them in, but both of them having the same loadout leads me to believe they actually do it themselves.

I realise the first points I've mentioned are purely hearsay and don't really have any concrete evidence but I believe the scripted and duplicate weapons are surely solid enough to give me a reason to get rid of them.

If someone decides to use a hacked weapon, they should expect a server ban if the admin finds out. Everyone is just going to assume they spawned it so it is stupid to use them.

If someone plays on my server with hacked weapons they are getting a ban.

In serverrules i wrote "Do not break the DayZ rules" and "Playing with hacked items / weapons equals ban"..

The ban is only fair due to the gameplay.. No admins can see if thats the hacker, or just someone whom killed the hacker.

I have killed alot of players with hacked items, and I just leaved the weapon and hided the body..

If someone plays on my server with hacked weapons they are getting a ban.

In serverrules i wrote "Do not break the DayZ rules" and "Playing with hacked items / weapons equals ban"..

The ban is only fair due to the gameplay.. No admins can see if thats the hacker, or just someone whom killed the hacker.

I have killed alot of players with hacked items, and I just leaved the weapon and hided the body..

Really funny.....You ban people with hacked weapons.....and same time admitting to have killed several players yourself with hacked weapons....

Really funny.....You ban people with hacked weapons.....and same time admitting to have killed several players yourself with hacked weapons....

...you misquote him. What he said is he killed people using hacked weapons and then hid the bodies of those individuals to remove them from the game...

@ Drogur: I think he meant he killed players who possessed hacked weapons, not that he had them himself.

And thanks all, I took the advice and went ahead and banned them.

You have an interesting story. ( no trolling ( (no scarasm))

Hacks and Scripts have disturbed 2/3 servers. So am not surprised.

To answer your question: Not without proof.

You read it wrong... He has killed alot of players that have hacked weapons and left the weapons THEY had on the body and hid it.

@ Drogur: I think he meant he killed players who possessed hacked weapons, not that he had them himself.

Fair enough....

You're taking it wrong, and he said it wrong. He has killed players that HAVE hacked weapons and then hides the body.

It seems, that since weapons are eventually saved to the server, that Rocket could inspect everything saved in backpacks, tents and vehicles, and eliminate non-Dayz weapons, whatever.

But - no; that seems to easy - plus, I'm sure he's too busy shuttling back and forth to the bank.

the thing is, some hackers WARPS hacked weapons to your hand. i tried this before i was teleported up ontop of a silo, and lost all my gear, and i suddenly had a g36c in my hand, which i never picked up. there were no way down, and all the other players was ported up aswell.. i got banned like 2 minutes after for using a hacked weapon, which THE HACKER warped into my hands.. BANNED FOR NOTHING... that just a thing to think of next time banning someone with a hacked weapon..