bionoman

Morhpine Emergency - How about a BRANCH!!! ?

If this game is based on Survival. Considering i have broken Legs. Is there NO Other way i can help myself. I mean, At least, Go to a Tree, Get a branch, And patch my legs up. For the love of god, Im not actually going to crawl All the way to Cherno or some place Hoping to find Morphine.

On the Other hand, if i did patch my legs up with a branch, or Twig Or something. Then, Movement Can be impaired, Limping,... Running, but just a little slower with a limp animation.

this is Absurd that i cant do anything about my broken legs.

First AID in the book of survival is: If you have a broken Limb. use a branch. its Logic.

• Like 6

IRL i have a broken leg at the minute .. and i dont think sellotaping a piece of wood to it would do shit.....

Edited by Sgt.Asshat
  • Like 5

Alright, its alpha, hope there will be some makeshift fix to Broken legs lol.

I think a branch or somthing would work just fine.

Edited by Unknown Operative

When i broke my leg it hurt like shit but i got help and managed to get home and taken to hospital... just deal with it and get some friends to help if you're stranded ;)

I call for the Need to be self Sufficient. and actually do something about the wounds you get while journeying. i mean, lol... A Broken Leg(s)!. If in Real life you dont tend to a fracture, you would have internal bleeding. If the wound is Open, you would Die out from infection. ... and the Zombies. ... God the Zombies!!!

This is Certified, 100 and fifty Trillion Percent Guaranteed Death! lol

On the other hand, if you did have an open Wound. Then... wouldnt the zombies maybe be able to... say Smell the blood? or Some Creepy Zombified Wild animal picks up the scent and you just end up ravaged on that same spot while trying to Crawl back to the nearest house to "Hope" and find morphine :\

Looking forward to the updates.

Patching your leg up with a branch wouldn't really work, but you could certainly use a big one to support yourself while walking slowly. I like the idea.

and this is alpha, features are still being implemented. Be patient.

And this is the 'suggestion' forum where features are being suggested. Be somewhere else.

• Like 2

I call for the Need to be self Sufficient. and actually do something about the wounds you get while journeying. i mean, lol... A Broken Leg(s)!. If in Real life you dont tend to a fracture, you would have internal bleeding. If the wound is Open, you would Die out from infection. ... and the Zombies. ... God the Zombies!!!

This is Certified, 100 and fifty Trillion Percent Guaranteed Death! lol

On the other hand, if you did have an open Wound. Then... wouldnt the zombies maybe be able to... say Smell the blood? or Some Creepy Zombified Wild animal picks up the scent and you just end up ravaged on that same spot while trying to Crawl back to the nearest house to "Hope" and find morphine :\

Looking forward to the updates.

And in real life taking morphine doesn't magically mend your leg?

I like the idea but its in alpha and most likely not going to be implemented.

Edited by The_Falconer

and this is alpha, features are still being cracked into the game. Be patient.

fix'd

I actually really support this idea.

While not being the most realistic, it does make sense and it fixes the reason why broken legs are game ending for most players.

Basically, when you break your leg, you first need to make a splint, considering you can use almost any item for this, you shouldn't need to pick up anything to make the splint. All you need is like a 30 second or 1 minute animation. Then once your leg is psplinted you can get up and move around, but your movement is hampered and you have a good chance of falling or passing out.

Then the morphine would be used to fix the labored movement and stop you from falling over.

• Like 3

I actually really support this idea.

While not being the most realistic, it does make sense and it fixes the reason why broken legs are game ending for most players.

Basically, when you break your leg, you first need to make a splint, considering you can use almost any item for this, you shouldn't need to pick up anything to make the splint. All you need is like a 30 second or 1 minute animation. Then once your leg is psplinted you can get up and move around, but your movement is hampered and you have a good chance of falling or passing out.

Then the morphine would be used to fix the labored movement and stop you from falling over.

Hey, that one is good! Morphine and splint.

That way you won't have to crawl for five hours if you break your leg up north with no morphine (merely stagger along for three), and morphine will also be less of a magical fix-all potion. It would require you to work harder to sort out your leg, but at the same time be less incapacitating. I like.

But the thing is, EVERYTHING breaks your leg, so until thats fixed, there must be a fix to the leg problem. When I stop breaking bones from gates and oddly shaped steps, then this should be added.

Edit: I meant to the ones who said morphine shouldn't magically fix your leg.

Edited by BurritoBandit

But the thing is, EVERYTHING breaks your leg, so until thats fixed, there must be a fix to the leg problem. When I stop breaking bones from gates and oddly shaped steps, then this should be added.

Don't crawl through doorways or over steps, then it won't happen anymore. Took me to legs to learn, now I only break them on zeds every once in a while.

yah, its pretty easy to avoid leg-harmful objects if youre used to playing arma. But it would be cool to be able to safely climb up on rocks and things. When that's doable i think it would be cooler to have legs heal over time or something. Maybe if you run the time taken to heal could be increased, or you have a chance of falling over while running.

In general its just stupid that a leg can be either broken or not broken. Itd be great if, as it healed, you could walk but with the risk of falling, then eventually walk fine with a risk of falling if you run, then walk completely fine. It should repair over time but maybe if you run it will take longer to heal, encouraging players with broken bones to "take it easy" for a while.

and i agree, splint would make more sense. I dont really get the idea of morphine healing broken bones. Earlier on i thought maybe it's meant to be a dislocation and the morphine was to help get through relocating the bone.

Edited by HarryO)))

a branch wont do it, a simple branch isnt durable enough to withstand the avrage survivor weight of 115-165 LBS, and with nothing to bound them togetor, they will simpuly fall off

in fact, i have a survival book at home, here is what it calls for on a broken leg (in the book, its called a "leg fracture")

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) if the skin is broken, do not touch or put anything on the wound (this is to avoid infection, this also calls to stop bleeding if it is existent at present time)

2.)Do not move the injured leg- you need to splint the would to stabilize the injured area (often ignored by players, who move the leg by crawling)

3.) find two stiff objects of the same length-wood, plastic, or folded cardboard-for the splints. (according to the example picture, the needed length is from your foot, to just above your kneecap)

4.) put the splints above and below the injured area-under the leg (or on the side if moving the leg is too painful)

5.) tie the splints with string, rope, or belts,--whatever is available (normaly, players dont carry cord, they will need a 2ed item, and taring the clothing is out of the question ATM)

6.) do NOT tie the splints too tightly; this may cut off circulation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

while that may help with a broken leg, it wont really allow too much movement (as they cover the kneecap), so even though it will help for a bit, your not going to get too far if you walk on a broken leg, even if you treat it with the above steps

and sorry about the huge presentation, that was how it was written in the survival hand-book i have (with some edits to it to explain its relationship with players in Day Z, and real life, or to point out somthing)

I would rather Stick a branch to my leg and Limp If i have to than Crawl al lthe way to some place for Morphine.

Aw dude I did that once. . never again. .

All the way from that near that dam NW airfield. What happened to break my leg? A dam wild zed started running at me and hit me just as I shot him. As far as I know I did nothing to provoke the attack but oh well those things happen.

The bad was I didn't have a compass at the time so I got turned around a few times and the oncomming darkness didn't help. What really sucked is I still had to scavange for food / water at least twice on that trip since the first town I went to didn't have any beans lying about. (Keep in mind this took something like 4+ hours or more and various login sessions to do!) So after finding a shady spot to stash my gear I crawled in. Only to find there was nothing there *sighs* so I crawled back out and back to my gear and logged out. The next day I figured ah screw it I'm close I'll just try again (I had seriously thought ah screw it I'll just respawn.) So after stashing my gear again I crawled into town and the f'ing zeds were spawning like mad. I have no idea why but there were a ton of them I think I crawled past maybe as high as 40 of them no I didn't bother to count. All I know is there were double spawns (some seemed to be walking inside each other for some screwd up reason.) I made it to the hospital and grabbed a couple morphines. But of course some body was there shooting folks. All I had was a pistol with 1 clip and a dam axe, no pack to speak of and nothing else. Still this guy must have saw me or heard me tossing a few cans to distract the zeds and decided to try to kill me. Funny thing is. . . Right as he fired that first shot all of the dam zeds in that area went right after him! I just sat back and shook my head. And yea they killed the fool.

I just turned around a crawled back out. . . I think it was the very next day that character died due to dam hacker who some how had a minigun in the game and somehow saw me from way off and then sprayed the area I was in with a stream of bullets.

Thinking about it that was awhile ago now. But NEVER AGAIN will I do that 8+ km crawl to a hospital.

If this game is based on Survival. Considering i have broken Legs. Is there NO Other way i can help myself. I mean, At least, Go to a Tree, Get a branch, And patch my legs up. For the love of god, Im not actually going to crawl All the way to Cherno or some place Hoping to find Morphine.

On the Other hand, if i did patch my legs up with a branch, or Twig Or something. Then, Movement Can be impaired, Limping,... Running, but just a little slower with a limp animation.

First AID in the book of survival is: If you have a broken Limb. use a branch. its Logic.

ask DrWasteland in this forum...perhaps i can bring you some morphine tomorrow when im back home. pm me if you want to

crawled for about 5 hours some day...then aked same question here^^

greetz

Edited by Kriecher

and this is alpha, features are still being implemented. Be patient.

And how are those features going to get implemented if we do not suggest them? ;)

In my opinion this is a really good idea. All movement should be limited to walking until you can find morphine, though. Those who say it isn't realistic may be right, but it is still more realistic than the whole morphine thing. And it would help a lot with the situations where you have no morphine nearby.

While I think using a branch is a lousy idea (no offense), I believe a better solution to this would be to encourage teamwork.

A lot of players go about in groups. If someone breaks a leg and nobody has morphine, rather than having to split up and run to a hospital or spend hours crawling, why not give another player the option to support or carry the injured player? If people can bandage you, use epi-pens on you, and use morphine on you, why not allow someone to be carried? Both players could walk/limp at slow walk speed.

Beats crawling. Just a thought.

... why not give another player the option to support or carry the injured player? If people can bandage you, use epi-pens on you, and use morphine on you, why not allow someone to be carried? Both players could walk/limp at slow walk speed.

Beats crawling. Just a thought.

That was a part of the Arma 2 but I think it's in script / module form. (While this isn't that important, I sometimes dink around making my own missions and such with Arma 2.)

I don't know what kind of effort it would take to put it in the mod but those modules did allow you to drag injured, pick up and carry injuried, or even provide first aid if you synchronized the module to the player and (I think?) members of your AI team. Sadly I don't remember if there are any nuances with the way the servers interface.

Just thought I would bump this, as it would be a very helpful feature.

I'm starting to get tired of carrying 3 sets of morphine now.

People have allready suggested a splint.

I'm not an experienced Arma2 player, so I really don't know the limitations of the engine. I do know that you can drag an unconsious survivor, it's been done to me as I was trying to fend off zombies from someone and got KO'd. I just figured it'd be a tweak of that.

Apparently not paradox, if this was in the forum database this thread would have been deleted long ago.

If you think it should be merged with another forum post, then give a link :)