kinex

Where my Moon

I think that one of the major problem is the lack of light in the night.

I mean at least some sort of moon.

In understand the flare thing...but it's annoing. Night with the moon will be equally scary and atmospheric...but to me, night is not fun.

Is it only me?

Well this is more a core game issue after all this is a mod not a full development game. How ever this could help in the making of arms 3. I take it ur new to the game?

On all the servers I've payed on today there was half moon. I dont get people who says Arma has no moon. It has it cycle just like irl. When making a mission in the editor, make sure to check the dating of your mission and you can have full moon and see almost as far as in daylight. And the moon is up there.

there is the moon in arma 2, of course there is.

i'm not new i play since the game comed out.

Pantsu am sorry to say but if seen more and more none arms players posting here with ideas and issues that I dint think they know about this post is prof of the way the mod has become more popular then most.

@theniceguy ?.?? If ur not new and u know about this why do u post asking about the moon? Am not sure how to help u now? So confused

Ah hold on your ask for light source then I think I may have an answer for u is that what ur after?

yeah we need more enviromental light, the night is so dark make me not wanna play.

This mod maybe popular, but i assure you the night is not good.

From what I have experienced, which is over a week or so the moon is never up there its like a bug, making only light source being flashlights which are useless when by yourself or flares which are currently annoying as hell since they blind you in first person making 3rd person only viable way to defend yourself, which isnt that great for accuracy reasons.

Anyone who thinks that we play Dayz Mod for this kind of night it's completely wrong.

Sure, having day/night cycle is a thing but in this way it's no fun.

A normal night would be completely hardcore.

This actual kind of night is just annoying.

i enjoy the darker nights, having to think about where and how to use light sources and what to use is what first hooked me on this mod. Just use the flares and chemlights wisely and they aren't so bad, in fact they provide some of the best times to move about as long as you listen out for zeds.

As I have found it, nights usually consist of the sun going down a few hours before the moon comes out. Unless I'm wrong, this is a core feature of Arma 2 and it is to allow missions to be held in pure darkness for better NVG usage. In DayZ, this might be annoying for some/most people but I don't know if the mod can change the coding of the day/night cycle. On average, the moon comes out at around midnight and is enough to allow limited vision without additional lighting. Many people don't see the moon coming out because they don't stay up late enough. (Understandable for those who work or go to school).

Ok people here I go one more time lol I found a script that may help you it adds light to a set Id on the map so you may add in were you want the light and can be placed in.

So its like this the script works on trigger that when player get close the light gose off at a small area not the hole big thing but just anuff to let u see neer you look for a video and post from me.

Moon/brighter nights is there for some people but not others. Even on the same server at the same time.