Sign in to follow this  
sxcblood

overheating issue

my game keeps crashing the second my gpu go's around 110-120c whilst speedfan is running at 100%

anyone that can recomend another program that will boost the fan speeds past the limit set by speedfan?

100-120c? That can seriously damage both your card and motherboard.

You can't boost a fan past 100%, but it would seem that yours is stuck, probably due to dust.

• Like 1

its quite an anoying matter since the heat warms up the entire room, at startup my gpu is only abouth 40c ish

It's not fan speed problem. Just clean ventillation holes from dust.

its quite an anoying matter since the heat warms up the entire room, at startup my gpu is only abouth 40c ish

What gfx card you got? and take the side of your case and open a couple windows/doors and the house and try and get a daft going through... i have a 560ti that tops 65-70 on arma at very high 1080p and i have doors/windows open it helps alot in this weather :P

It warms up your whole room? Jesus Christ! Dry giving it a good dusting and make sure air can get to it.

i got a radeon 3870x2, im currently removing the dust and for fucks sake i dident even see any ventilation holes, ive got a dustball the size of a small baseball atm and im not even halfway done

• Like 1

i got a radeon 3870x2, im currently removing the dust and for fucks sake i dident even see any ventilation holes, ive got a dustball the size of a small baseball atm and im not even halfway done

Check your cpu fan and any other fans about the place lol

I recommend this ;)

Ghgbu.jpg

Lol, I actually know people that have laptops in freezers.

its still overheating after 10mins of gameplay anyone else got an idea on how to prevent this?

elVMc.png

Laymans eyes see: GPU1: 49C GPU2:96C... Your GPU sli-setup is definitely not sharing the load evenly for some reason. I´d advice you to seek advice in a tech-forum asap, before you fry that one card!

Don´t know too much about speedfan, but according to the picture, the GPU fans aren´t running...

Is your CPU singlecore? If dual, then they too don´t share load even close to equally..

Well, sometimes dust can get UNDER the fan and against the electronics themselves. If you can, unplug it, unscrew the fans (they're attached to a lid on your card which you can unscrew) and make sure there is no dust underneath.

~~~~ REMEMBER: Touch your exposed metallic (of the casing itself) parts inside your computer casing before touching anything else. This is to make sure you unload any static electricity in you that might harm the internal parts ~~~~~

When done, don't close the computer casing, leave it open and allow the hot air to flow out.

Try running it then and check the temps. Even if your cards aren't sharing the load properly as stated above, it should not get that hot. I have an HD5830 and even when overclocked it doesn't hit 80c.

Also. Don't use SpeedFan to check the fanspeed.

You have an ATI card. Go to the Catalyst Control Center (right click on the Deskstop), go to Performance and choose AMD OverDrive. The fan speed will be listed at the top, under "Fan Speed". You may also choose "Enable Manual Fan Control" and set it to 100% to make sure.

Edited by krtshv

wow them temps are hott bro... im surprised you havent burnt out your GPU yet... i run on full 1080p with 100-120fps and my gpu never goes above 42 Celsius... id reccomend at the very least a separate fan to cool your SLI setup as the cards being close together is going to limit air circulation to begin with... another very effective but costly setup is getting a corsair h80 hydro cooling and mounting it to the GPU chipset (unit is built as a CPU cooler but will work with a few mods to the GPU shroud )