nexXtec

DayZ Trade suggestion

So regarding Rocket's statement that this game needs some kind of currency and trade system, this is what I've come up with.

NOTE: I still don't know what kind of currency should be used in DayZ because money isn't worth in a zombie apocalypse. I think it should be a regular trade between goods(weapons/food/drink/gear).

Also note that the items you put up for trade appear inside the treade preview window i.e. the white grid.

KjUst.png

Edited by nexXtec
  • Like 6

so what happened ? he can still kill you after the trade is done ?

I think there should be a "trade protection" e.g. you cannot die till you are ~100m away from your trade partner.

wow, nice work :thumbsup:

I dont think it will happen soon...

the trade process itself will be much better and easier, what happens after it its not the problem of this topic.

Edited by DooM4MR

well , i would like to see trading more too but , his sniping friend still can kill you :/

wow, nice work :thumbsup:

I dont think it will happen soon...

the trade process itself will be much better and easier, what happens after it its not the problem of this topic.

Not soon, but we can expect it to happen when this mod goes into official beta.

Beans as currency?

You can eat those dirty metal pennies if you want, I'll take the beans.

• Like 1

btw if Hive will still work with ~1min delay there will be a problem :(

btw if Hive will still work with ~1min delay there will be a problem :(

Problem? Do you mean item duplication?

You can eat those dirty metal pennies if you want, I'll take the beans.

Here have some beans.
  • Like 1

You've clearly put a lot of effort in for this idea, so you've won yourself some beans sir, have a few questions for you though.

A. 100m isn't very far in Arma 2 in terms of weapons range, so he could still technically shoot me, or is that what I'm going to have to risk if I want to make such a venture?

B. Would there be a limit on how much you could trade?

A new trading system would be grate but the 100m not being able to kill each other is purely shit. If someone wants to get your gear he will shoot you right before the trade and not afterwards. Besides that: Its a survival game in which you should only trade with ppl you trust like FRIENDS. I hate this "who wants to trade guillie+nightvision for my m4sd" shit. If you want to upgrade your stuff this way go check the diablo auction house.

• Like 1

loved it

bullets is the currency

Edited by indominator

Why trade with someone when you can just put 2 bullets in their head and take their stuff?

You've clearly put a lot of effort in for this idea, so you've won yourself some beans sir, have a few questions for you though.

A. 100m isn't very far in Arma 2 in terms of weapons range, so he could still technically shoot me, or is that what I'm going to have to risk if I want to make such a venture?

B. Would there be a limit on how much you could trade?

Thanks for the beans!

A: It's up to Rocket to decide how far/for how long you can't be killed, but it's supposed to be a RL simulator right? So I guess you'd also risk in real life if you would have to do a trade. However there is one other thing that has been planned for the future, see, the "Humanity" perk is comming back + Rocket said that he will also add a reputation system which get's affected whatever you do in the game. (zombie kills/player kills/bandit kills/ successful trades(perhaps?)) You get the idea?

B: Your backpack is already a "limit".

• Like 1

so what happened ? he can still kill you after the trade is done ?

You know, this mentality needs to Dissapear.

Yes, he can Kill you. But humans are more Civilized than that Dont you think.

I would be happy to trade with some of my buddies.

Why trade with someone when you can just put 2 bullets in their head and take their stuff?

I would take the risk of trading, but only with friends. and trustees

Edited by Unknown Operative
  • Like 1

Or you could be like us and enforce trades without any extra stuff for Rocket to develop ;P

How about trading items - secure bag and collapsable locker.

The secure bag is a duffel bag with 10 inventory slots and the locker has 20 inventory slots. Both have 3 digit locks, that can't be broken. However both can be destroyed by explosives and the bag set on fire. Anyone can see whats in the bag or locker (hit examine).

The idea would be for 2 solo players (group players don't need this) to agree to meet up and trade in the following way:

1. Both sides put the agreed upon items in bags/lockers

2. Both start moving to the location of the other bag (ideally place them on different sides of the same hill/mountain)

3. Both parties reach the bags with the items they want

4. They examine the bags/lockers to see whats in them

5. Upon confirming everything is OK, they trade codes and go their separate ways

Ideally you would want to place the bags/lockers 1-2 minutes running time from each other. In order to increase security you could be able to pick up the bag/locker with all items after entering the code. That way you can get away quickly and quietly. The bag would take up 12 units of inventory (2 units if packaged - you would need to unpack it before use) and the locker 22 units of inventory (2 units when unassembled). You also can't access the contents of the bag or locker, while they're in your inventory (so that you can't use it for anything other than storage or trade).

• Like 1