Sign in to follow this  
xfortune

Player DC'd after being shot (not sure if right place to report)

Happened around 3:25AM (PST -8) on server US #500 (hosted by FMFclandivision)

I was sitting in the middle apartment near the hospital in Cherno, I heard gunshots fairly close by so I decided to stick around and see if the guy came to the hospital, which he did. He ran into the back apartment, when he came out I shot him in the leg with my Enfield, then once he hit the ground, in the head. He DC'd before the gunshot registered I guess because he didn't die, and his body disappeared. I checked the player list and saw he was still in the lobby, and hadn't DC'd from the server, so I waited around. After 5-10 minutes, he re-joined the game, and I turned on FRAPS to see if he would DC again (I'd rather catch a DCer than get the kill). I got footage of him re-joining (spawning in), hitting the ground unconscious (guess he was in shock when he DC'd), then DCing again a few seconds later.

Footage:

While its a douche thing to do, you can't report someone for this afaik

While its a douche thing to do, you can't report someone for this afaik

I thought it was against the rules/counted as an exploit and was a bannable offense.

You should have finished him off!

Yeah I regret not doing so, but now I have proof. And SAMSUNG's friend came to the apartments to save him I guess, caught SAMSUNG as he logged on and killed his friend and hit him, but he didn't die and DC'd again. I'm refreshing my DayZ Commander friendlist like a fiend, if he logs on, he's dead. Not to mention he's unconscious in the middle of the apartments, don't think he'll live even if I don't follow him around.

Edited by xFortune

I dont understand why you didnt finish him as you had his head locked on.

I dont understand why you didnt finish him as you had his head locked on.

Wanted proof of his DC, or to wait until he was conscious, to make him think he was safe and make him waste 2+ minutes unconscious so I could kill him as soon as he got up.

Edited by xFortune