Sign in to follow this  
tjerk999

how do i go in to thirdperson mode on a laptop?

hi all,

i recently started playing day z and i have seen other people in videos playing in thirdperson. i have looked in the controls but i cant find the key to go in to thirdperson. also i heard that on a laptop without a number pad on the left, you cant go in to thirdperson. can someone help me binding a different key to my thirdperson mode because i dant know how to do that.

thanks

just press escape then press options, then press controls, then you can change your controls to your pleasing.

hope it helped :)

yes i know how to get there but the problem is i dont know how to change the binded keyin the control menu

Hello there

The keybind you are looking for is "Toggle View"

Be aware that 3rd person can be turned off via a server setting so occasionally you may not be able to use it.

Most DAYZ servers keep 3rd person open but in A2 its quite common to have it disabled.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Or if your laptop is like mine and without a numpad then you should be able to use the "fn" key to access your numpad.

The default bind is "*" numpad asterisk. On my "15 alienware is "fn+p" to get the numpad asterisk.

Hope this is of some comfort

• Like 1

Must have been in a server that is "first person" only.

On the num pad you press the "enter" key, or double tap it. You can also double tap or hold the "-" key on the num pad to zoom out in first or third person. It makes it look like you're running faster and the ability to see further around you.

no i wasn't in a veteran server and i could go in to thirdperson but i don't know how because my laptop doesn't have a numpad

vetrox can you tell me where the fn key is because im fairly young and i dont really know where it is.

vetrox can you tell me where the fn key is because im fairly young and i dont really know where it is.

FN stands on it. it's to toggle your keyboard keys symbol. on my keyboard its between right-alt and ctrl.

like others said. controls/select infantry controls to limit the keys who are showed. search for toggle view. click edit. delete old keybinding, edit new keybidning. done.

Edited by Bezki
  • Like 1