Sign in to follow this  
thekillingsmiley

Temporary fix for the graphical glitches/artifacts in DayZ

Quick disclaimer before I get started. This may not work for everyone, but as of right now it is working for me and a friend of mine every time we have used the fix.

The graphical glitches/artifacts that have been occurring in DayZ seem to be mainly coming from the dead soldiers placed around military areas. After trying multiple methods to stop the graphical glitches/artifacts, it seems that we have finally struck gold. The temporary fix is done by adjusting your Video Memory setting in-game. Instructions follow:

1. Graphical glitches/artifacts appear on screen.

2. Hit the [ESC] key on keyboard.

3. Select Options>Video Options>Advanced>Video Memory

4. Select either Very High or Default for the setting. NOTE: The setting you choose MUST be different from the setting you are currently using.

5. Confirm you new settings and exit the Options menu entirely.

6. The graphical glitches/artifacts should be gone for now. The do tend to reappear whenever entering a new area with dead soldiers. Simply repeat the steps above to fix.

As of right now, only the Very High and Default settings have been tested. The other settings may work just as well, but I can not say for certain at this time. This method of clearing up the graphical glitches/artifacts is currently working 100% of the time that it is being used by me and my friend. I'll update the this post after more testing is completed.

Please post below if this method works for you or not. If it does not work, please post your computer specs, video settings in ARMA II/DayZ, and where you were located when the fix failed to work for you.

This fix was first started by myself and was later refined by Thievery89. If the fix does help you, then please be sure to thank him as well.

Edited by I-TKS-I
  • Like 10

It does not work for me. Radeon 5870. My cousin has the same problems. He has 6970.

It does not work for me. Radeon 5870. My cousin has the same problems. He has 6970.

Unfortunately, I can't get into talking about gpu settings with you due to that this fix is only being used on NVIDIA cards at the moment.

Do you know if you were receiving the artifacts from dead soldiers or wire fencing?

I've done this for a week now, works.

Glad to know that it works for others! Are you using a NVIDIA card by any chance?

Doesn't work for me. My method and works 100% is

hit esc

abort

disconnect

exit game

then return to game

its lame but nothing else works for me :(

Nothing new but thanks it does work most of the time.

I haven't seen this fix yet on the forums (might of just missed it). Just trying to be helpful. :D

I haven't seen this fix yet on the forums (might of just missed it). Just trying to be helpful. :D

It's been flying around for over a week still i'm sure you'll help those that missed it and are search impaired lol there's alot of em.

Cool, thanks buddy. I'll have to try this out instead of exiting the game all the time.

It's been flying around for over a week still i'm sure you'll help those that missed it and are search impaired lol there's alot of em.

Lol. Well to be fair, my search for a fix just brought up more complaints and lame fix of exit the server and rejoin. :P

Cool, thanks buddy. I'll have to try this out instead of exiting the game all the time.

Hope it works for ya!

Lol. Well to be fair, my search for a fix just brought up more complaints and lame fix of exit the server and rejoin. :P

Sorry bad wording didn't mean you.

Nice. Makes me wonder if it only works well for NVIDIA cards....

Sounds like it, well that's what they get for buying an inferior product (AMD) :P

Sorry bad wording didn't mean you.

No worries. I didn't take in a bad way. :D

Sounds like it, well that's what they get for buying an inferior product (AMD) :P

;)

There is always flushing.

Hit Shift+-- (minus key on numberpad twice) then type flush.

Not in chat, just (press)[shift]--flush

Doesn't really clear it up, but if you do it a few times it cycles and you can get it to some times clear up enough that you can see. I've gotten quite a few of them to just turn into odd objects that just sit there but dont' spread across my screen.

Probably not as effective as restarting or changing graphic settings, but its good for on the fly.

There is always flushing.

Hit Shift+-- (minus key on numberpad twice) then type flush.

Not in chat, just (press)[shift]--flush

Doesn't really clear it up, but if you do it a few times it cycles and you can get it to some times clear up enough that you can see. I've gotten quite a few of them to just turn into odd objects that just sit there but dont' spread across my screen.

Probably not as effective as restarting or changing graphic settings, but its good for on the fly.

By the time you do that a few times, you could of very easily of changed your settings. This fix is able to get rid of the artifacts in an area that you are in and once the fix is completed then there is no worries of artifacts in that loaded area for the time being. Given this fix doesn't seem to be working with AMD cards at the moment, but it still seems to work quite well for NVIDIA users.

Doesn't work for me. My method and works 100% is

hit esc

abort

disconnect

exit game

then return to game

its lame but nothing else works for me :(

Whats your gpu? AMD or NVIDIA?

Ive got a 6950 and running everything on highest settings. When the horrible triangles start appearing (doesnt matter what distance they are away) I look directly at the source and change my vsync enabled or disabled (dependant on when it last happened). This has worked for me and my mate every time, hes running a 6850. Be intresting to know if it works for you too. :-D

• Like 1