johndstill@gmail.com

**Awesome Server Host**New Timchanging feature & Pre-whitelisted | VILAYER

Well vilayer has told me I cant password and I cant lock. I just need to ban when stuff happens. It seems its ok for hackers to roll into servers tele everyone into the sky and leave. I'm just supposed to ban them after the damage is done and they simply come back with another guid awhile later and do it all over.

Dmg is done. I'm going to ask vilayer one last time to solve this. After I get a response I'll happily post the entire ticket for others to read.

Oh and btw I had someone hop onto my server with itemRadio and a hacked weapon, but they didnt appear anywhere in my logs for me to get a guid. Seems the hackers have moved to whole new level. Usually everyone shows up in the script.log file but this guy did not.

Edited by bodha

Passwording these servers and having them use a separate database is planned and nearly ready to be rolled out.

Passwording the servers and having those communicate to a separate database was implemented early on the 15th as part of the DayZ Package. You can install the private versions via the mod manager.

Does that mean its a different HIVE then the current Vilayer Takistan 1.2 HIVE?

Can`t i just lock my server when i hit 25-30 players, i know most so any cheats etc will be clear as day.

Edited by SpyWhoLovedMe

Does that mean its a different HIVE then the current Vilayer Takistan 1.2 HIVE?

Can`t i just lock my server when i hit 25-30 players, i know most so any cheats etc will be clear as day.

No, it's separate.

So every server (private) has his own little HIVE?

Nice!

Mine is running with a password now, no more fucking hacks!

/edit

Do people have problems with tents, for some reason they don`t pitch. Animation is there but nothing is deployed. Tried several location, persons...?

Edited by SpyWhoLovedMe

So every server (private) has his own little HIVE?

Nice!

Mine is running with a password now, no more fucking hacks!

/edit

Do people have problems with tents, for some reason they don`t pitch. Animation is there but nothing is deployed. Tried several location, persons...?

The private server database is still shared, No one has reported tent problems.

Is there a way to remove password when running a private server, but lock it instead?

Edited by Huey

Two Part Post:

Part 1. Logged onto 3 Vilayer servers: UK437, UK374, US2419. Had all my gear from a NON Vilayer server. Is this normal?

Part 2. Spoke with sales rep the other day and just giving Vilayer the opportunity to confirm or deny the following:

2A. Rocket no longer working on dayz beta development however, vilayer is working on further map/server development and eventually will have up to 12 maps?

2B. Based on part 1, unclear under what circumstances playing on a vilayer server will cause you to not synch with the, for lack of a better term the grande public hive most servers connect to. That is, does vilayer have its own public hive AND private hive?

2C. Is it true that a server admin can ban players on the vilayer public hive without having to go through the developer confirm/deny process?

Thanks in advance,

Waff

As an update had all my questions answered and resolved promptly by the Vilay team. Server up and running in short order and no problems so far. Overall a satisfied customer.

Sounds good but our server keeps having lag and ping spike issues. Have put in constant tickets to be only told that there's no issues.

Sounds good but our server keeps having lag and ping spike issues. Have put in constant tickets to be only told that there's no issues.

Have you tried playing on a server located in the same location with the same load and players to ensure its the server not players? You probably know this already, but zombies are client side and rubberband a bit here and there due to those game mechanics especially when in groups.

When you enter cities ping often goes up 100+ or so and that is normal for the ARMA engine. PS. You are able to increase the drop ping rate if drops are an issue.

Those two explanation may or may not explain your ping or lag issues. Let me know.

Have you tried playing on a server located in the same location with the same load and players to ensure its the server not players? You probably know this already, but zombies are client side and rubberband a bit here and there due to those game mechanics especially when in groups.

When you enter cities ping often goes up 100+ or so and that is normal for the ARMA engine. PS. You are able to increase the drop ping rate if drops are an issue.

Those two explanation may or may not explain your ping or lag issues. Let me know.

I have played on other servers in my location. Well, servers with low pings and yes they've had about the same amount of players. Per our GSP our server is based in Seattle. We do, however, have a kid who plays out of New Zealand and I'm wondering if that may cause it. I was on the server earlier today when he wasn't on and the server was fine at the time. Not sure how him being on could effect it. I've taken several screen shots showing the ping spikes. I even done a traceroute and everything was good. I'm really getting to the point that Vilayers Tech Support sucks.

What kind of programming do you have for admins to use for hackers/exploiters ect. Im looking fo ui's and such that simplify these processes so I dont have to go through tons of logs to ban one hacker. Thx

After a long time gone due to real life issues, I am back! Vilayer is still alive and kicking. We offer more services than any other company for DayZ and Wasteland.

check us out. Vilayer.com!