Sign in to follow this  
TimKuchiki

Rocket please consider

Please Please Please release a hotfix to take away the artifacting. We can't play at all, and its really frustrating to know your trying to add content that will need testing by a private group before you let the public play without artifacts. Would it be that bad to put out a hotfix like 1.7.2.4.5 so we can actually play without ice berging?

• Like 1

No. BobDole. What I don't get is he has the problems fixed but he wont just release the fix. He has to add content as well to it...

No. BobDole. What I don't get is he has the problems fixed but he wont just release the fix. He has to add content as well to it...

No, he's got to put it through a closed test so more things don't break. Would you like dead bodies to no longer cause artifacting but suddenly trees do?
  • Like 1

Lonrem. He said on the live stream yesterday that he personally tested it, and its all worked out...

No, he's got to put it through a closed test so more things don't break. Would you like dead bodies to no longer cause artifacting but suddenly trees do?

if he has to do all that dont say its going to be released the 1st

if he has to do all that dont say its going to be released the 1st

Because things /never/ take longer than anticipated. Note that he did not say it was going to release on the first. He said that it was the 'target date'. If you've paid something for DayZ, please, feel free to be entitled. Until then, continue testing the alpha-phase mod.

Because things /never/ take longer than anticipated. Note that he did not say it was going to release on the first. He said that it was the 'target date'. If you've paid something for DayZ, please, feel free to be entitled. Until then, continue testing the alpha-phase mod.

i did pay...30 bucks for a 3 year old game...also it shouldnt have taken this long he should be on something this bad that makes the game almost unplayable. its been like this for weeks he shouldve had the team on this and had a hotfix just for this issue.

No no. You paid thirty bucks for Arma 2. You didn't pay a dime for Day Z. Huge difference.

• Like 7

i did pay...30 bucks for a 3 year old game...also it shouldnt have taken this long he should be on something this bad that makes the game almost unplayable. its been like this for weeks he shouldve had the team on this and had a hotfix just for this issue.

You are lucky Rocket is taking the time to fix it now. If I were him people like you speaking on what I should be doing would make me postpone it just in spite of you and others like you. You didn't pay a penny for DayZ, you paid for ARMA 2. Secondly, the game does not qualify as unplayable because there are a few areas you can't go to without some issues. Artifacting on barbed wire has been around for weeks, but it was always a rather rare occurrence (at least for me) until the latest patch that caused the new problems. Lose the entitlement attitude, no one on this planet owes you a damn thing.

• Like 2

Me and a friend of mine have any easy fix for the glitch. Just switch you Video Memory setting.

EX: My Video Memory is set to Default. The artifacts start going all crazy on my screen, and I just switch my Video Memory setting to Very High. Later on I run into some more artifacts doing the dance of the gypsies on my screen and switch my Video Memory from Very High to Default.

Give it a shot. Works great for me and my friend.

It's tough to avoid those areas, since they're often right near the best places for a new spawn to go to gear up. I brave it in Cherno every time I die, since I won't even try heading north without at least a little morphine.

For you people who are arguing. Give me a reason why he cant just put out a hotfix because he has one for the artifacts.

You are lucky Rocket is taking the time to fix it now. If I were him people like you speaking on what I should be doing would make me postpone it just in spite of you and others like you. You didn't pay a penny for DayZ, you paid for ARMA 2. Secondly, the game does not qualify as unplayable because there are a few areas you can't go to without some issues. Artifacting on barbed wire has been around for weeks, but it was always a rather rare occurrence (at least for me) until the latest patch that caused the new problems. Lose the entitlement attitude, no one on this planet owes you a damn thing.

Drink your punch, but don't expect everyone to. Last time I checked you can't play this "MOD" with out paying $30 for Arma II.. right?! Nothing against DayZ or Rocket, but the whole you didn't pay for this mod is BS. Look at steam sales an old game like this is #1 why? Because of this mod so if you stop and use that skull of mush on your shoulders you would come to the conclusion that most did pay $30 dollars for this mod.. Oh and your " If I was like him shit" stop you aren't like him. Your Spite is amazing!

Edited by solus

For you people who are arguing. Give me a reason why he cant just put out a hotfix because he has one for the artifacts.

he has a hotfix for the artifacts?

i wish it was that simple, but i can't believe it's so.

yeah it sucks - but hey, all of the as50 bandits have migrated to elektro. no need to go to nwairfield, you can get everything you need and more at elektro.

Drink your punch, but don't expect everyone to. Last time I checked you can't play this "MOD" with out paying $30 for Arma II.. right?! Nothing against DayZ or Rocket, but the whole you didn't pay for this mod is BS. Look at steam sales an old game like this is #1 why? Because of this mod so if you stop and use that skull of mush on your shoulders you would come to the conclusion that most did pay $30 dollars for this mod.. Oh and your " If I was like him shit" stop you aren't like him. Your Spite is amazing!

that honestly doesn't make any sense... if you pay money for something then you expect a level of service in return. however, AFAIK rocket didn't receive a commission from your purchase of arma2 & arma2OA. therefore he's not obligated to do anything for you. what you're saying is like giving a random person $30 of your money, then complaining to a totally different person that you're not getting the service you paid for.... nonsense.

Edited by tarquinbb
  • Like 2

Me and a friend of mine have any easy fix for the glitch. Just switch you Video Memory setting.

EX: My Video Memory is set to Default. The artifacts start going all crazy on my screen, and I just switch my Video Memory setting to Very High. Later on I run into some more artifacts doing the dance of the gypsies on my screen and switch my Video Memory from Very High to Default.

Give it a shot. Works great for me and my friend.

Found this out on my own too, and it does work! I just switched it to very high, went back to my game, then went and switched it back to default and bam. All artifacts gone from my area.

who ever pays 30 bucks for arma 2 is a fucking retard, the game is awful i paid 30 bucks to play dayz retard and im pretty sure fixing a bug that effects areas that are the most commonly visited isnt doing me a favor it would be doing the whole community a favor.i dont understand how you think rocket fixing something extremely bad that he broke is doing me some kind of huge favor. i havnt had the artifacting on most barbed wire i get it on dead army soldiers.

who ever pays 30 bucks for arma 2 is a fucking retard, the game is awful i paid 30 bucks to play dayz retard and im pretty sure fixing a bug that effects areas that are the most commonly visited isnt doing me a favor it would be doing the whole community a favor.i dont understand how you think rocket fixing something extremely bad that he broke is doing me some kind of huge favor. i havnt had the artifacting on most barbed wire i get it on dead army soldiers.

"who ever pays 30 bucks for arma 2 is a fucking retard" - well there are a lot of retards around here, including yourself kind sir...

when did I say Rocket was doing you a favor? I said you need to take your entitlement attitude and shove it. I could care less who is happy about a bug being fixed, I find it just plain disrespectful for you to even type the words that Rocket and his team SHOULD be doing something, respect your elders kiddo Rocket should be doing whatever the hell he wants to do.

• Like 2

errrrrrrrrrrr your decision making is questionable.

you chose to buy an 'awful' game for 30 bucks, purely for the ability to play a mod. didn't it occur to you that if you didn't like the 'free mod' that you would be down 30 bucks? lmao....

Edited by tarquinbb

Go into video settings, click advanced, then change your video memory to any setting other than the one you're currently using. It's a temporary fix that most people have been using.

Nope you can't play the FREE mod DayZ without PAYING for Arma 2, therefore you paid for Arma 2, NOT DayZ, you spent the money with the intention of playing DayZ but that doesn't change the fact that you didn't pay for DayZ no matter how many insults you throw my way. Have a good day kiddo.

• Like 1

It's not hard to avoid it. Just stay away from the areas.

Unfortunately for me the areas that have it are important areas such as towns and airfields. I have found that lowering my 3D resolution below my screen resolution helps but then the game just ends up blurry.

Nope you can't play the FREE mod DayZ without PAYING for Arma 2, therefore you paid for Arma 2, NOT DayZ, you spent the money with the intention of playing DayZ but that doesn't change the fact that you didn't pay for DayZ no matter how many insults you throw my way. Have a good day kiddo.

Your're an idiot... There is no hope.. Just go ahead and end it David Caradine style..

Edited by solus