Sign in to follow this  
Fulgium5

Here's a Crazy Idea.....

There is alot of player killing in DayZ.... a ridiculous amount of player killing.... SO to make things more realistic and to prevent a ridiculous amount of bandits I suggest that giving blood transfusions bandaging and using epipens and morphine injectors on other players make the time to use those items decrease up to a certain percentage. It makes sense the more you do something the faster you can do it. On the other hand killing people will bring that time back up to normal not increase the time at all just reduce the progress youve made. its JUST enough to make people wonder if its worth killing a particular player. Bandit is a game style and i dont think they should be punished for it but there are ALOT of bandits so why not just make surviving more favorable?

I have been thinking about this lately. A good idea would be to reward players for helping. Bandits get specific skins (well they did), but there could be a Friendly skin as well. This could be introduced by giving blood transfusions, bandit kills, giving morphine when a fellow player is in need. The PVP will never stop, and it shouldn't, but if there was some kind of sweet reward for actually helping other survivors then maybe we could even the playing feild with friendlys and bandits/murderers

The problem is, many people (probably most) are playing in groups, clans, and with people they know, such as myself. So it wouldn't make any difference because we can do that stuff to each other.

I'm not a bandit, but I can understand their method of thought. It's much more advantageous to be a bandit than to team up with strangers. The only reason one need to team up with another is to perform a blood transfusion. I think there should be more things one can do only if they have a partner, so that it balances out the benefits of banditry and teaming up. What things? I don't know. So far, a blood transfusion needing a partner makes sense, there's obviously the fact that a friend can help in a firefight/zombie situation, maybe sharing food/water (split can in half for friend and yourself). I think cannibalism should be allowed, in a zombie apocalypse meat is meat (but not cannibalism on zombies).

What other things could benefit teaming up with strangers?

Well most "bandits" are just people who get bored and start shooting people. I think if there is another goal to work to besides a kill count it would balance things out.

I'm not a bandit, but I can understand their method of thought. It's much more advantageous to be a bandit than to team up with strangers. The only reason one need to team up with another is to perform a blood transfusion. I think there should be more things one can do only if they have a partner, so that it balances out the benefits of banditry and teaming up. What things? I don't know. So far, a blood transfusion needing a partner makes sense, there's obviously the fact that a friend can help in a firefight/zombie situation, maybe sharing food/water (split can in half for friend and yourself). I think cannibalism should be allowed, in a zombie apocalypse meat is meat (but not cannibalism on zombies).

What other things could benefit teaming up with strangers?

It would be kinda cool if for some vehicles you could team up to drive them. One to drive, a few to shoot out windows,

A group of 2 or more should be required to fly a helicopter

Maybe some skins for Friendly, how long you have survived, massive zombie kills, things like that

Rocket said in a interview that he is trying to make endgame content as well, because once you get all the cool stuff the only thing to do is just kill people. I would like to see some sort of unlockable skin system, for weapons, vehicles, camo. This could be achieved by killing zombies, time survived, finding mountain dew cans, things like that. I know it's not "realistic" but i'm ok with venturing off the path slightly

This comes down to a karmic ding for killing other players. The idea of making actions faster would only really serve the players that play in groups of friends and for bandit groups this would not affect their decision to hunt players for sport.

In my opinion the karmic ding should benefit players who are victimized by serial bandits and punish bandits when they inevitably respawn. For instance a player who dies 2-3 times at the hands of an errand sniper shot within the average life expectancy should have a greater chance of spawning with some kind of firearm and limited ammo to defend themselves while the bandit would take the Karmic ding in the form of spawning with less equipment until they are basically washed up on the beach in a speedo and a rusty paper clip.

If this mod had been released clearly declared as "deathmatch" instead of "do whatever you want to do", nobody would complain about players killing each other.

I'm not saying the suggestion is awful, but no thanks.

also please name your threads appropriately and if you can't even do that, at least put some decent tags in so that people know what the thread is about before entering.

kthxdie

I couldn't find the senor chang video, but it goes a little something like this....

HA HA HA HA HA.....GAAAAAAAAAY!