Sign in to follow this  
spidy (DayZ)

Are the zombies meant to be one hit killers?

10k blood, 1 (!) zombie charges me, 1 hit, broken bones, shock, 2 min unconscious -> dead. Didn't experience this phenomenon in the last 2 weeks, but happened three times in the last 2 days?!

I believe the magic number is 9,000. If you're under 9,000 blood then they can knock you unconscious. I believe they also cannot break your leg if you are above 9,000 blood as well, so if you're rocking around below 9,000 blood you're at risk for being "one-shot."

I guess you just ran out of luck. Never happened to me with that amount of blood.

From what i heard you need to be below 9k to fall unconscious from a zombie hit, but i can't confirm that.

No problems with the fact that they CAN break my legs, but that unconscious thingy is impossible to counter alone. The zeds just eat you alive... after 1 single hit. It seems the chance of being knocked unconscious was increased significantly imo.

Yeah, every once in a while (hopefully only once in a while) you get the Mister Universe Zombie who gives you the old Falcon Punch and snaps your legs. Shouldn't happen all the time, but it happens. Just keep that morphine handy!

10k blood, 1 (!) zombie charges me, 1 hit, broken bones, shock, 2 min unconscious -> dead. Didn't experience this phenomenon in the last 2 weeks, but happened three times in the last 2 days?!

Me and a mate were raiding a crash site (and doing a rather poor job, I leave him behind when I do this now lol) and a zombie hit me once and that was the end of that. I had plenty of blood too, but I was knocked out for ages and my mate got lost running away from a zombie so he was not going to be of any help. Endstate - dead. Never mind, next run I found two right next to each other, killed a lot of zombies and got an AS50, all on me lonesome.

I have found it is usually the "heavy" army or army guys that just lay you out at 12000. At which point yur pretty much dead.

Yeah, every once in a while (hopefully only once in a while) you get the Mister Universe Zombie who gives you the old Falcon Punch and snaps your legs. Shouldn't happen all the time, but it happens. Just keep that morphine handy!

Morphine won't help you if you are lying on the ground unconscious.

Edit: The last time it happened was a simple zombie in elektro. Nothing fancy. I fleed, turned around, the zombie RAN into me and he broke me legs and knocked my out cold. Happened to me too at the stairs at the fire station yesterday. Dunno if thats a pathing/clipping bug or really the hit of the zombies.

Edited by spidy

I believe the magic number is 9,000. If you're under 9,000 blood then they can knock you unconscious. I believe they also cannot break your leg if you are above 9,000 blood as well, so if you're rocking around below 9,000 blood you're at risk for being "one-shot."

nah they can break legs at 12000 as well, it happened to me several times... trying to sneak past, ninja aggro from da back, broken leg and bleed xD

What's this about Green Mountain? Are the zombies stronger there? I was nearby there a little while ago but I decided to avoid checking it out since the loot map didn't show much and I was getting visual artifacts when I looked towards it.

What's this about Green Mountain? Are the zombies stronger there? I was nearby there a little while ago but I decided to avoid checking it out since the loot map didn't show much and I was getting visual artifacts when I looked towards it.

Very little loot, but a lot of zombies spawn there. It has a shitty risk:reward ratio. Also, it is all mil zombies. I don't know if mil zombies necessarily hit harder or not though.