wildleaf

Class System

No thanks, I think that there should be no class system. This isn't an MMORPG, its a MMOsurvival game. You can adopt certain roles with in your group if you have one but there should be no predefined classes.

I'm really keen on the idea of giving a small amount of choice with your initial load-out, but not a fundamental player to player difference. I feel that players should spawn with no backpack, 1 can of beans, 1 bottle of water, 1 morphine/painkiller and a mak with 4 mags. I spawned in the sea one time and lost my backpack and all my gear except my mak/ammo and it was alot more immersive to immediately look for food/water instead of having it immediately on hand on just booking it to cherno or elektro.

When you spawn it seems like you are already given everything you need to survive right off the bat and the only thing you have to worry about is getting to where you want to be. I think it would be fair to say that food/soda spawn way too much and make the game's food/hunger system too easy. There should be more desperate situations where you NEED food or water.

There should be more desperate situations where you NEED food or water.

Trust me.. it happens.

There should be more desperate situations where you NEED food or water.

Trust me.. it happens.

Thats what I'm saying, it needs to happen more. There should be less surplus. Imagine actually killing someone for their beans because you NEEDED them.

most people here play alone and its very hard to get friends here... the class system will not work here... also i have a great example of a game that failed because introduced class system... Ultima Online there was no classes then an expansion came out with classes immediately people joined pirated servers without the class system...

class system via the humanity system ? and rather than a reskin maybe a small patch on the arm or backpack ? you still decide what to do and when but you grow in to a class rather than choose it

If zombies came about tomorrow, I am not going to magically be rewarded a badge for successfully crawling between zombies for atleast a few hours.

This is making this sound more and more directed, you shouldn't have better 'skill level' than the person who's just respawned, it should be down to the person's skill alone with nothing aiding you like a nanny.

These features suggested over hang the primary concept; do what you need and how you want. A skill and attributes system would IMO make things easier for the individual. The game is meant to be brutal, unforgiving and sadistic in the sense it is designed to watch you reach a peak and make a small error and suffer for it. I believe adding such a system would ruin that concept.

If zombies came about tomorrow' date=' I am not going to magically be rewarded a badge for successfully crawling between zombies for atleast a few hours.

This is making this sound more and more directed, you shouldn't have better 'skill level' than the person who's just respawned, it should be down to the person's skill alone with nothing aiding you like a nanny.

These features suggested over hang the primary concept; do what you need and how you want. A skill and attributes system would IMO make things easier for the individual. The game is meant to be brutal, unforgiving and sadistic in the sense it is designed to watch you reach a peak and make a small error and suffer for it. I believe adding such a system would ruin that concept.

[/quote']

QFT

A class system seems to be the exact opposite of what this mod is about, and i see absolutely no real benefit it could have. Keep it as realistic as possible without making it too tedious. No classes in real life, no classes in this mod.

If zombies came about tomorrow' date=' I am not going to magically be rewarded a badge for successfully crawling between zombies for atleast a few hours.

[/quote']

QFT

A class system seems to be the exact opposite of what this mod is about, and i see absolutely no real benefit it could have. Keep it as realistic as possible without making it too tedious. No classes in real life, no classes in this mod.

I believe you failed to read his post.