DookieJankins

So I shot down a helicoptor today...

I don't know' date=' when he came back and started up his chopper again I put a CZ round straight through his windshield (while he was ground) into his head but no glory. Not sure why it didn't kill him.

[/quote']

Maybe your CZ was zeroed in on the wrong distance. In the screenshot you where pretty close to the chopper, so it's quite possible that the bullet probably went over his head.

To me this just high lights the fact that choppers are a HUGE waste of time. You hear them from miles away, passengers can get shot up and they take like a shit load of effort to get working. Yes it would be nice to fly everywhere but if there's any bandits like me in the area I'll be hunting your LZ straight away. At least with a car/ATV you can sort of hide it while you raid towns.

It's a shame you couldn't use the fuel from a jerry can to torch it!

So grats on your chopper BUT who cares?

I'm not trying to take away your credit or anything' date=' just to clarify what happened. Trust me, any "dramatic moves" I might have done would have crashed the heli rather than cause it to do a *perfect* pirouette, in place, for a whole *fifteen* seconds, without even trying to alter my elevation or to shift it dramatically in one way or the other in order to escape fire. I admit that it seems convenient timing, but that's the truth. You can believe what you want to believe about it, but that's what happened and it has already cost me one other helicopter before I figured out that you have to cut the engine to fix it. [/quote']

:dodgy: Here are a few facts on the whole matter:

a) that spinning comes from a damaged tailrotor, not anything else and it is certainly not a bug.

b) if you fly fast enough, the airspeed will stabilize your chopper again, effectively disabling the spin. So yeh... there is more you can do than just spinning on the spot.

c) cockpitglass isn't bulletproof.

Thank you for that information. Something must have went wrong with the tail rotor then. It's odd, though, because I know I had full green indicators on everything until the moment I switched off the engine and descended to avoid a possible crash. No indicators were red, or even yellow, and I don't believe I became desynced from the server, and a similar thing happened to me before when all of my indicators were green a day or so ago. At any rate, I just flew around a lot more after this and didn't have any problems landing/taking off at all.

How strong is the glass on the chopper? I had another encounter with a bandit while repairing a helicopter. He sniped me and my friend went to the pilot seat, and the bandit kept firing at the cockpit for quite some time with a CZ but didn't manage to kill him.

ArmA glass changes bullet trajectories.

Let me get this straight:

Basically, the whole title is misleading. You didn't "shoot down" a helicopter, you just killed the entire crew. And you did that for.... what purpose exactly? For the lulz? You weren't even able to recover the most rare vehicle on Chernarus and make it flyable again? Idiots.

No, that looks like the chopper landed, it can be flyable with the cracks on the windows.

you obviously never shot down the chopper in arma, otherwise you wouldnt make noob threads like this one.

I got my Helicopter back and killed one of you.

Try harder.

Not necessarily. After taking out ~6 zombies below the chopper' date=' we simply shifted fire into the cockpit and crew compartments. The chopper went into a spin, and hit the ground.

We've got screens of the destroyed chopper. Stand by.

Edit: and yes, you did. Only reason you're still alive is because your cockpit's bulletproof, by the way. Future reference: can't shoot through vehicle glass, guys.

[/quote']

Also, it wasn't destroyed, merely heavily damaged. If it was destroyed it would have exploded in a ball of fire, and, actually, your bullets didn't take down the chopper. My mouse, which I was using to pilot, caused it to auto-spin, so I turned off the engine and got out since that seems the only way to fix it. It was damaged by the zombies and friendly fire from people in the crew shooting through the helicopter to attempt to kill the zombies glitching through it.

You did kill us though, in that you are correct.

Our team was on last night when this happened. They hosed you, no doubt about it, after begging for a helo ride, etc. Sort of jerkish, but that is the game.

We though CT was just awesome. Anytime you need a ground crew on VA25 ping us.

Something must have went wrong with the tail rotor then. It's odd' date=' though, because I know I had full green indicators on everything...

[/quote']

It needs only a small amount of damage to destroy the tail rotor (you can easily do that with a handgun after all), so maybe it doesn't have much impact on the damage indicators. However, I don't really remember if my indicators every changed color when only the tail got damaged, so I'm just guessing. *shrug*

What is the meaning of this thread?

Does DookieJankins intend to show that he has something like a dick?

The only thing we know now is, that Dookie cowardly shot on a helicopter-crew he asked for help, which could not respond fire due stuck in vehicle-slots.

Basically' date=' the whole title is misleading. You didn't "shoot down" a helicopter, you just killed the entire crew. And you did that for.... what purpose exactly? For the lulz? You weren't even able to recover the most rare vehicle on Chernarus and make it flyable again? Idiots.

[/quote']

I think you should learn to read the thread. I think it's been established over and over again that the gunfire did one of two things:

1. Cause the pilot to panic and crash while avoiding it.

2. The tail rotor got hit by one of our dudes and put the chopper into a spin and crashed.

Either way, both constitute as shooting down a chopper.

On top of that, we didn't want the chopper. We don't like ending up dead like the crew we just slaughtered. We just wanted their stuff and to see if we could take it down.

Also, in the future, you should probably read the thread before posting. Thanks.

No' date=' that looks like the chopper landed, it can be flyable with the cracks on the windows.

you obviously never shot down the chopper in arma, otherwise you wouldnt make noob threads like this one.

[/quote']

It is when you go into the cockpit and see everything red (rotors, instruments, engine, etc) and attempt to start it.

Probably shouldn't assume things like a noob.

You're kind of what's wrong with this game. I'm all for banditry, and killing to survive and get better loot. But you're saying that you did it for the rage, and for fun.

You're just a prick.

You're kind of what's wrong with this game. I'm all for banditry' date=' and killing to survive and get better loot. But you're saying that you did it for the rage, and for fun.

You're just a prick.

[/quote']

Is the point of playing a game not to have fun? Also it's been stated quite a few times already we wanted the crew's gear, which we got. A GPS, G17, PDW and a bunch of other stuff that I'd rather not list before the corpses disappeared. Again, try reading the thread before posting.

Screenshots will be along shortly.

Incident occurred approx. 12:20AM 05/25/2012 on Virginia 25. Pilot was called 'Chernarus Transport.' I convinced the chopper to land at Balota Airfield to pick me up. After going through the motions (killing the zombies attracted to the noise)' date=' the chopper set down. We opened up on the crew and passengers. All targets killed, much loot taken.

Shooters were:

Dookie Jankins

Temos

Grim

Again, screens will be along shortly.

[/quote']

Wow, some bandits lower themselves enough to kill medics and rescue choppers.

Well, who am I kidding, many are CoD kiddies with psycopathic pleasures.

Incident occurred approx. 12:20AM 05/25/2012 on Virginia 25. Pilot was called 'Chernarus Transport.' I convinced the chopper to land at Balota Airfield to pick me up. After going through the motions (killing the zombies attracted to the noise)' date=' the chopper set down. We opened up on the crew and passengers. All targets killed, much loot taken.

Shooters were:

Dookie Jankins

Temos

Grim

[/quote']

Nah, I just like gear and beans. Take it for what it is. Also, you should probably get off of your high horse, it's a game and I'll do what I deem as fun. Taking down a chopper and looting the crew falls under the fun category. Calling someone a psychopath for that is pretty ignorant if you ask me. You can go back to your bean hoarding in Elektro with the rest of the plebs and get shot by those bandits that scour the coast for noobs because they can't kill anything else.

If you are going to condemn anyone now that I think about it, it should be those guys shooting spawners. Not a group that takes down a chopper for loot.

On top of that' date=' we didn't want the chopper. We don't like ending up dead like the crew we just slaughtered. We just wanted their stuff and to see if we could take it down.

[/quote']

The main problem that pisses off people is that he was offering help. You guys faked a help request to make him land tried to kill him and then came here to brag about it. That is not bandity, that is plain psicopatic behavior, specially after you guys admitted that it was "fun."

On top of that' date=' we didn't want the chopper. We don't like ending up dead like the crew we just slaughtered. We just wanted their stuff and to see if we could take it down.

[/quote']

The main problem that pisses off people is that he was offering help. You guys faked a help request to make him land tried to kill him and then came here to brag about it. That is not bandity, that is plain psicopatic behavior, specially after you guys admitted that it was "fun."

Yeah, how else would we get the chopper near us? Apparently planning in advance is now considered psychopathic behaviour. Also, it was fun, we shot down a chopper in a zombie game. What's not fun about that? Seems like the carebear parade is coming through the bandit forum today or something.

Guys, I'm fine with the morals surrounding the fact that they ambushed me. It's a danger I accept whenever I land a helicopter. This time, I didn't bring any of my normal support crew with me, I was just flying a bunch of random strangers around for fun. I knew that friendlies asking for help at the control tower was sketchy, but I went anyway. I still managed to sneak back in, kill one of them, sneak past their noses, repair my helicopter, and take off while under fire from them, which was extremely nerve-wracking but extremely rewarding.

Please don't turn this into a morals thread. Players have the choice to do whatever they want in this game just like they do in real life; they can be the most disreputable denizen, or the most amiable angel, or somewhere in between, and I like that, it's what makes this game so exciting.

The only real argument I had in this thread was over whether they "destroyed" a helicopter or whether they actually managed to force it to land. I know for a fact they didn't technically "destroy" it, and I'll have to experiment with the tail rotor to see the cause behind its failure. I'm not sure if it was related to damage as simply cutting the engine and restarting the helicopter was enough to get it flying perfectly again the other time it happened, but I'll give you the results of my tests sometime in the near future to see if the tail rotor is so fragile that it will stop working even with green indicator lights.

Shooters were:

Dookie Jankins

Temos

Grim

[/quote']

Nah, I just like gear and beans. Take it for what it is. Also, you should probably get off of your high horse, it's a game and I'll do what I deem as fun. Taking down a chopper and looting the crew falls under the fun category. Calling someone a psychopath for that is pretty ignorant if you ask me. You can go back to your bean hoarding in Elektro with the rest of the plebs and get shot by those bandits that scour the coast for noobs because they can't kill anything else.

If you are going to condemn anyone now that I think about it, it should be those guys shooting spawners. Not a group that takes down a chopper for loot.

You keep missing the point. The problem is not "a group that takes down a chopper for loot," the problem is the means that you used. They could had used their advantage to wipe you out easily. But they were there to help you, like a good military medic saving the life of an enemy.

At this point you guys probably shoot spawners as well, I assume.

"it's a game and I'll do what I deem as fun."

So then why are you defending your deeds? Be a proud gaming psycopath.

"Calling someone a psychopath for that is pretty ignorant if you ask me. You can go back to your bean hoarding in Elektro with the rest of the plebs and get shot by those bandits that scour the coast for noobs because they can't kill anything else. "

That's banditry, bro. You keep confusing one with the other.

"Apparently planning in advance is now considered psychopathic behaviour"

Got it wrong again. A Psycopath kills for fun and enjoys watching other suffer. Most psycopaths abuse the system to their complete their deeds and lack morality.

Guys' date=' I'm fine with the morals surrounding the fact that they ambushed me. It's a danger I accept whenever I land a helicopter. This time, I didn't bring any of my normal support crew with me, I was just flying a bunch of random strangers around for fun. I knew that friendlies asking for help at the control tower was sketchy, but I went anyway. I still managed to sneak back in, kill one of them, sneak past their noses, repair my helicopter, and take off while under fire from them, which was extremely nerve-wracking but extremely rewarding.

Please don't turn this into a morals thread. Players have the choice to do whatever they want in this game just like they do in real life; they can be the most disreputable denizen, or the most amiable angel, or somewhere in between, and I like that, it's what makes this game so exciting.

The only real argument I had in this thread was over whether they "destroyed" a helicopter or whether they actually managed to force it to land. I know for a fact they didn't technically "destroy" it, and I'll have to experiment with the tail rotor to see the cause behind its failure. I'm not sure if it was related to damage as simply cutting the engine and restarting the helicopter was enough to get it flying perfectly again the other time it happened, but I'll give you the results of my tests sometime in the near future to see if the tail rotor is so fragile that it will stop working even with green indicator lights.

[/quote']

This is really not an argument about morality as I agree with you. I am merely adding adjectives where I think they belong

I appreciate what you do. Keep up the good work.

Lastly, Tigerr13. I sayd, "many are CoD kiddies with psycopathic pleasures." I did not call you guys anything... anymore than you taking ownership of the adjective.

Basically' date=' the whole title is misleading. You didn't "shoot down" a helicopter, you just killed the entire crew. And you did that for.... what purpose exactly? For the lulz? You weren't even able to recover the most rare vehicle on Chernarus and make it flyable again? Idiots.

[/quote']

I think you should learn to read the thread. I think it's been established over and over again that the gunfire did one of two things:

1. Cause the pilot to panic and crash while avoiding it.

2. The tail rotor got hit by one of our dudes and put the chopper into a spin and crashed.

Either way, both constitute as shooting down a chopper.

On top of that, we didn't want the chopper. We don't like ending up dead like the crew we just slaughtered. We just wanted their stuff and to see if we could take it down.

Also, in the future, you should probably read the thread before posting. Thanks.

No' date=' that looks like the chopper landed, it can be flyable with the cracks on the windows.

[/quote']

It is when you go into the cockpit and see everything red (rotors, instruments, engine, etc) and attempt to start it.

Probably shouldn't assume things like a noob.

No, we did not "establish" either of those two points Trigg;

1. Your shots did not cause me to panic. The thing that caused me to panic was the infinite pirouette that was unaffected by either elevation controls or movement controls. In fact, I didn't even notice your shots as I was far too busy attempting to gain even the slightest margin of control over my helicopter. If we -do- establish that -your- gunfire actually managed to CAUSE the infinite pirouette, than that would be an accurate indirect statement.

2. I'm still not willing to concede the point that -your- fire damaged the tail rotor enough to even cause the infinite pirouette until I test shooting at the tail rotor with a weapon to see if even at green indicators gunfire can cause that to happen.

Nice job OP. Some people take themselves seriously enough that they need to project their idea of morality into a GAME. A fucking GAME. ROFL.

Nice job OP. Some people take themselves seriously enough that they need to project their idea of morality into a GAME. A fucking GAME. ROFL.

As OP said, please read the thread, braw.

oh sorry.. A fucking THREAD READ THE THREAD. ROFL>

Guys' date=' I'm fine with the morals surrounding the fact that they ambushed me. It's a danger I accept whenever I land a helicopter. This time, I didn't bring any of my normal support crew with me, I was just flying a bunch of random strangers around for fun. I knew that friendlies asking for help at the control tower was sketchy, but I went anyway. I still managed to sneak back in, kill one of them, sneak past their noses, repair my helicopter, and take off while under fire from them, which was extremely nerve-wracking but extremely rewarding.

[/quote']

One salient point from this post:

"...managed to sneak back in, kill one of them, sneak past their noses, repair my helicopter, and take off while under fire from them."

So, just out of curiosity, how did you manage to acquire the stuff you'd need to make repairs, and then leg it back to the airfield in under twenty minutes? Keep in mind, you were the first person I shot, followed by the guy with the Enfield. Your name showed up as "killed."

The person who tried to fly off with your chopper claims that most everything was red.