fluffyg

You know, in a real zombie apocalypse

I don't think there would be a sniper watching over every city just looking for thrills.

I mean I thought Rocket was going for authenticity, Seems to me that wouldn't be possible. Sniper rifles should be much more rare, imo

• Like 2

you know....in a real zombie apocalypse it wouldnt be a video game....

so tired of people bitching about snipers just play the game, if you play with a group of people and have a sniper of your own its not a problem

Edited by BobDole
  • Like 2

No, but there'd be a sniper looking for supplies that he can use. Be it food, water, etc.

edit: And if you think people aren't already selfish like that, you don't know customer service and how the end of days would push people

Edited by Caz
  • Like 1

Are you ready for this?

1) It's Russia, they are hardcore as fuck.

2) It is not your call to judge what an actual apocalypse will be like. Everyone has their own interpretations.

Edited by dcskill
  • Like 1

You sir are incorrect.

Time to brush up on some post apocalytic movies. People would kill for food and water and anything else they can

get their hands on. They dont write these movies because, they want you to believe. They write them because, this is what would

happen. You have friends and as things start to get harder and harder to find and you can no longer take care of yourself you would

prey on the weaker and guns would tip that balance everytime.

In a real zombie apocalypse. zombies would be statues cause of the body completely hardening trough a chemical reaction when you die.

have a nice day and remember don't get to close to the statues !

You know....in a real zombie apocalypse there wouldnt be these forums to tell us there would be a sniper watching over every city just looking for thrills.

In a real zombie apocalypse. zombies would be statues cause of the body completely hardening trough a chemical reaction when you die.

have a nice day and remember don't get to close to the statues !

but they are not dead, just infected. Thus, taggin zombie chicks requires the use of protection.

No, but there'd be a sniper looking for supplies that he can use. Be it food, water, etc.

This I can understand, but with how rare sniper rifles should be there shouldn't be one at every city.

In a real zombie Apocalypse.

Wait, there's no such thing.

I mean I thought Rocket was going for authenticity

I sense you're mad about getting killed by one. Try not making yourself such an obvious target.

I've actually only been killed by a sniper one time, and I was asking for it. I've killed many snipers however, and I just think it ruins the immersion of the "zombie apocalypse", ya know?

In a real zombie Apocalypse.

Wait, there's no such thing.

Yes there is, except the zombies aren't dead people walking around... They are the self-important kids of today, who can barely string two words together, and are generally degenerate pieces of shit. I hope I die from old age before the current generation gets into any form of world dominance/control because frankly I'd rather pluck my eyes out with a spoon than have to live in a real world "Idiocracy".

~Sol

• Like 1

I haven't had a sniper problem since the first week I started playing..... SERPENTINE B*TCH!

Sniper's are not that common. And yes, *if* there was a zombie apoc. I think the only people left roaming the streets would be the ones armed to the teeth. The unarmed Civ's are hiding in all those buildings we cant get into...lol

You sir are incorrect.

Time to brush up on some post apocalytic movies. People would kill for food and water and anything else they can

get their hands on. They dont write these movies because, they want you to believe. They write them because, this is what would

happen. You have friends and as things start to get harder and harder to find and you can no longer take care of yourself you would

prey on the weaker and guns would tip that balance everytime.

This isn't about pvp, I understand pvp and accept it. I just think that snipers in particular shouldn't be EVERYWHERE

Edited by FluffyGMbizzle

but they are not dead, just infected. Thus, taggin zombie chicks requires the use of protection.

my sources tell me that zombies are dead people risen from the dead.

infected would mean that they just got infected with a disease bacteria causing aggresive behaviour and other zombie like shizzles ;)

zombies =/= infected

Well.. Rocket already said this so.. yeah..

DayZ was designed to be impossibly cruel, dark, and brutal. It was not designed as a game it was more of an experiment, I prefer the term "anti-game" - in other words the mechanics are not designed to be balanced, or offer a way out for different situations. These are things game designers normally take care with.

I discussed this with the our team members at great length of many arguments, the idea behind safe zones. The eventual consensus was that it went against the ethos of the project. This whole concept, and the reason it "works", is that there IS no safe zone (unless you make it). Your actions have real and brutal consequences. There are no game designed safety nets.

It is the kind of system/environment that will sometimes make you want to punch the computer screen. But with that kind of risk, comes great emotional reward when you carry something off. The sniper you describe - there are people like this in the world, and in the breakdown of order I can bet that there would be people who would sit on a roof and shoot people "just for the lulz".

The system makes no judgement on player actions, and this is one of the only real rules that was adopted for the development. While consequences may occur for a particular action (e.g. humanity loss), no judgement is implied or placed on that behavior. Beyond hacks, and misuse of exploits, regulating player behavior is not a scope of this project. If players, themselves, wish to group together and attempt to regulate the behavior. Well, that's entirely up to you.

This kind of activity is not for everyone. It really is more of a social experiment than a game. There is no intention to change that, if you dislike the PVP, then I would recommend playing Dynamic Zombie Sandbox or Celery's excellent Chernaus Apocalypse - there is no point in these being recreated through this mod.

Why make something that has already been done?

I don't think there would be a sniper watching over every city just looking for thrills.

I mean I thought Rocket was going for authenticity, Seems to me that wouldn't be possible. Sniper rifles should be much more rare, imo

How do you know what would happen in a real zombie apocalypse? Even a small city would have a population of 50,000+, so you could be that there'd be survivors hanging around the outskirts of a city. A long rifle isn't exactly an uncommon weapon to come across either, so it is entirely possible people would be sitting in hills watching over the entryways to a city looking for people.

Edited by uwotm8

Ya know a real zombie apocalypse ya know ! like those kind in those movies and stuff and those books and games those kind of REAL zombie apocalypses IMAGINE :o

In a real zomb... Wait, I've seen it in Miami... Except this dude had super human strength and took multiple shots by police to go down.

Maybe zombies should be modeled after this in the game.. It's the only "proven" data. If you can classify it like that.

Don't believe me? Do a little research on legit news websites for the attack in Miami. Drugs are dangerous kids!!