crazynomad

Suggestion for the Zombies.

a suggestion quickly, check the video and tell me what you think this style of zombie

why the zombies in the dayz not follow this style?

• Like 1

I personally like these kind of zombies more, I don't like the ones we currently have.

BULL shit this is balony. you thought that people would't look at the details the reloding is same. the green signs for cars are same and all you did was just hack in some shit and say this is a new game.

chage name and writing.

then it could be a cool montage

BULL shit this is balony. you thought that people would't look at the details the reloding is same. the green signs for cars are same and all you did was just hack in some shit and say this is a new game.

chage name and writing.

What are you on about? Everything is the same because its arma 2 with some minor changes.

Try playing arma 2 once.

chage name and writing.

... seriously? More than likely it's a mod for ArmA that none of us have ever seen because most of us flocked here because of DayZ.

GG. <_<

Because the game is about realism, if you get shot lets say 7.62mm round to the chest, it will leave pretty big whole and disable the zombies. Not like 10 rounds to the chest. But I liked the zombie animations, they looked pretty sick and nice.

Edited by korppi300

Because the game is about realism, if you get shot lets say 7.62mm round to the chest, it will leave pretty big whole and disable the zombies. Not like 10 rounds to the chest. But I liked the zombie animations, they looked pretty sick and nice.

Originally, in most zombie stories, you can only kill a zombie with a shot to the head. No amount of body damage would kill a zombie.

because dayZ's zombies are better than normal zombies. they are very authentic infected people invented by Rockets virologist brother. that's why they run zig zag and are faster than a healthy person. also the virus can attack your spine that's why the monkey zombies...eh sorry...infected are crouching. they have back pain. don't question the dayZ zombies...d'oh!...infected. they are perfect! (and case you read this and are a total retard: i'm just kidding) :P

on a serious note: i heard in some interview that Rocket is planing on adding a lifecycle for the zombies later. so weaker more hungry zombies would be slower. kind of silly when you think about it since the lifespan of a dayZ zombie isn't really long. it gets spawned when players get close and then despawned when they leave the area. maybe he'll track every zombie and save it's condition when it despawns.

anyways i think it's a matter of taste and Rocket seems to like the fast and thus more dangerous zombies better. i actually agree because slow zombies are only dangerous in huge numbers and closed spaces. it would just make them even less of a hassle which would degrade them from mild annoyance to decoration assets.

chage name and writing.

You are possibly the stupidest person on these forums.

• Like 1

The animation is really well made! But since they move a lot slower it seems like a nerf to the zombies. Maybe if they made this the default animation for in-door movement? Not even sure if that's possible.

it's an old mod for arma 2 called ''the undead''. it just adds zombies to the map. no surviving, no repairing, nothing but zeds. yeah they are a better model i think, there are also women..i don't know if rocket says ours are ''infected'' ,because they act crappy or because he actually wants they run like hell and die with body shots, but maybe with senses and glitches fixed they aren't so bad. the slow ones in the footage wouldn't give other players position and wouldn't be such a challenge, just a waste of ammo.

chage name and writing.

So for finally showing you off d**phead, the video was uploaded in 2011, where dayZ wasn't even imagined or at least way not finished.

But for the idea: i agree on the speed problem, but the animations could possibly fit the zombies we have now a bit better (at least indoor)

the real zombie problem i see is, that the zombies are kinda hard to the player at the beginning/coast area) while they're just boring decorations at the mid game (dayZ has no endgame, you're still at the mid game when you have full loot and stuff).

But this could be fixed by making meat less efficent/ animals more rare, as well as using a fixed amount of blood given by a transfusion.

Edited by <BH>nev

they stopped and died exactly like in dayz.

so then rocket just ripped off someone else's modded and add some more programing to his zeds?