jackcrow

Anti-Cheat Solution

.... and then the non-locked servers will be unplayable. No thanks.

your a idiot

hackers should be spread around instead of bunched up into non-locked servers yeah thats win win

So considering the hacking issue is such a problem, I think the DayZ team needs to reevaluate their "server rules".

Just get a non-hive server and you can lock, spawn 1000 hueys and do whatever you want with your paid server. Problem solved.

So considering the hacking issue is such a problem, I think the DayZ team needs to reevaluate their "server rules".

Just get a non-hive server and you can lock, spawn 1000 hueys and do whatever you want with your paid server. Problem solved.

The reason im against this is because while you stop "cheaters" you then create "cheaters"

Because you lock your server, get everything and anything, then hop server ultra-overpowered and go PVPing, what people concered ruined gameplay experience, and it doesnt matter if you die because you just hop back to your ownserver, go grab all your stash and then hop back to a public one.

So I am against it, unless there is a way to prevent your items on locked servers to be transferred off that server.

I'm all for having white-listed servers; however, as it stands now it just wouldn't be fair. What's to stop a person from a white-listed server who probably had a very easy time gathering gear, and going over to a public server to kill people, and can safely return to his server to gather more gear if killed or depletes his ammo. And that's just one exploit.

The only way I can see this becoming allowed is if servers were "seperate" I.E Characters are not transferable between servers. New server = new character.

The reason im against this is because while you stop "cheaters" you then create "cheaters"

Because you lock your server, get everything and anything, then hop server ultra-overpowered and go PVPing, what people concered ruined gameplay experience, and it doesnt matter if you die because you just hop back to your ownserver, go grab all your stash and then hop back to a public one.

So I am against it, unless there is a way to prevent your items on locked servers to be transferred off that server.

I want to outline a few details on how it could work and why most of the concerns are not as big as you might think:

- Server Admins are allowed to password protect their servers requiring registration to receive the password and play. A registration setup is required per the DayZ team to be able to lock your server.

- Servers are not "locked" from the public, they require contact with Server Admins so that Server Admins can keep a running log of who has access to the server. So when everything is running smooth for weeks and all of a sudden hacking is rampant again they know where to start looking and who is "potentially" the cause.

- Players on password protected servers still have the ability to come here and report Server and Admin abuse. Servers that do not provide registration and are locked will be blacklisted from the Hive.

- Players attempting to take geared lives to other servers are still at the whim of registering for use of other servers.

- Servers that do not require passwords will be the only ones who suffer from this potential issue along with all the other hackers who are trying to stay off the grid and will not register. But all those script kiddies are now condensed to a smaller amount of servers making them much easier to uncover and ban. Script Kiddies will be much less likely to goof around a server they had to register on.

- Clans and Server Owners/Admins who do not wish to bother with the trouble of allowing registration WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PASSWORD THEIR SERVER. This will be a requirement and you would be surprised how many of us would go through the trouble to better our ability to manage and moderate.

So you see the idea of password protecting the server is only a means to a bigger solution which is to take a little anonymity away which will help tone down unacceptable player behavior.

So its not a fool proof plan, but its a hell of a lot better than continuing to allow this behavior to run rampant. Unless Rocket or the DayZ team can come out and say "we have a solution, its coming much sooner than later, ITS NOT JUST THE STANDALONE GAME we promise, please be patient", then I believe other solutions need to be considered.

So far, all I have seen is confirmation of the complications and limitations of the Arma2 engine design and Battleye and a general "we cant fix the issue since the problem is not the mod" coming from Rocket and the DayZ team. I get why the DayZ team may not be able to do something about the problem on a software level. But on a social level you do have options.

Edited by jackcrow

Well, it doesn't make any sense to me. Why would they do that when spawning things is quite easy? Even if that happens, at least they are gathering the gear as legit players do. We are not talking about private servers, but password protected servers, which is not the same, people are still ALLOWED to play there whenever they want, the only tiny thing that is required, it's to fill an application. Why is that such an issue for most of you? Can you stand all the hacking that is happening right now? I can't, and I would like to see Rocket's ideas to stop hackers and script kiddies, because if an alpha is meant to be tested, well, it already lost its way. We found a big problem here, the game is damn easy to hack, where's the fix? I'd like to have a better solution, but right now, the password protected server is the best we got.

Well, it doesn't make any sense to me. Why would they do that when spawning things is quite easy? Even if that happens, at least they are gathering the gear as legit players do. We are not talking about private servers, but password protected servers, which is not the same, people are still ALLOWED to play there whenever they want, the only tiny thing that is required, it's to fill an application. Why is that such an issue for most of you? Can you stand all the hacking that is happening right now? I can't, and I would like to see Rocket's ideas to stop hackers and script kiddies, because if an alpha is meant to be tested, well, it already lost its way. We found a big problem here, the game is damn easy to hack, where's the fix? I'd like to have a better solution, but right now, the password protected server is the best we got.

I personally have not seen much happening, maybe its different on EU side, but it doesnt happen much to me.

Also it doesn't matter if you have to fill out a form, type in your birthdate or kiss a goat to get into a private server, not everyone will follow the rules and lock their server to have it private. Just like how not everyone plays legit...

I dont think you understood what I was saying when I mentioned why I was against it.

I am not talking about "HACKERS" locking server to get legit stuff, I am talking about "Cheaters".

Sure, hackers can go spawn stuff and hack away blah blah, so you lock your server.

Then we have a bunch of locked servers that people have to then waste time applying to join and it becomes insanely frustrating for the players.

THEN you have people who go exploit the system, not "Hackers", just "cheaters", they lock their server to grab all the cars and stuff and park them all in a safe spot, fill them with guns and stuff, then just use it as an "Armory", that exploiting player then goes to other servers all pimped out just to PVP, he has nothing to loose because all he has to do is go back to his own passworded server and regear the moment he is killed.

So then, from allowing people to lock your server you are only creating even more of an issue by adding another way to "cheat" in the game, creating another barrier for players, and a few of you will be okay because you can control your server, although cheating will happen anyway because I could easily fill out a form, join your server, cheat, and if you ban me, what do I care? There is 2500 more servers to choose from lol And you might think "got rid of the cheater" but then the next cheater fills out the form to join your server, and you ban him, then the next cheater comes along, and you will have to keep banning but more will come anyway.

You might as well just allow the freedom to ban and not lock, because locking doesnt really do anything, its not like it locks out cheaters because cheaters are not robots, they're players... that will fill out the form to cheat on your server...

I personally have not seen much happening, maybe its different on EU side, but it doesnt happen much to me.

Also it doesn't matter if you have to fill out a form, type in your birthdate or kiss a goat to get into a private server, not everyone will follow the rules and lock their server to have it private. Just like how not everyone plays legit...

I dont think you understood what I was saying when I mentioned why I was against it.

I am not talking about "HACKERS" locking server to get legit stuff, I am talking about "Cheaters".

Sure, hackers can go spawn stuff and hack away blah blah, so you lock your server.

Then we have a bunch of locked servers that people have to then waste time applying to join and it becomes insanely frustrating for the players.

THEN you have people who go exploit the system, not "Hackers", just "cheaters", they lock their server to grab all the cars and stuff and park them all in a safe spot, fill them with guns and stuff, then just use it as an "Armory", that exploiting player then goes to other servers all pimped out just to PVP, he has nothing to loose because all he has to do is go back to his own passworded server and regear the moment he is killed.

So then, from allowing people to lock your server you are only creating even more of an issue by adding another way to "cheat" in the game, creating another barrier for players, and a few of you will be okay because you can control your server, although cheating will happen anyway because I could easily fill out a form, join your server, cheat, and if you ban me, what do I care? There is 2500 more servers to choose from lol And you might think "got rid of the cheater" but then the next cheater fills out the form to join your server, and you ban him, then the next cheater comes along, and you will have to keep banning but more will come anyway.

You might as well just allow the freedom to ban and not lock, because locking doesnt really do anything, its not like it locks out cheaters because cheaters are not robots, they're players... that will fill out the form to cheat on your server...

Alright, I see your point, but even if that happens, I still have a chance to kill them and get their gear, or discover their hidden camps. Even if they cheat, we still get to play the game without hackers making fun of us, or at least with a minimum of them.

This game is absolutely immersive, and we spend hours playing, we lose track of time, but you don't regret it, because it's somehow rewarding, just until a stupid fool without nothing better to do pops in and starts using hacks to kill people just to amuse himself. How do you think I feel after losing everything I got? Why do I feel like the devs are not interested in making anything to stop the rampant hacking? We see no action, so we act in consequence.

Locking the servers is not the best of the solutions, I agree. But it's the only thing we got now.

2) servers with no admin on and all ahckers will move to those servers.

They won't move because they are already there! At least there will be some oasis from insanity if there is an alternative.

i cannot continue reading this without thinking that you're retarded.

The letter 'i' should be capitalized when it is at the beginning of a sentence, Mr. Grammar Nazi.

Why pay for your own server just to cheat when you can get the same result by hacking?

Great idea. :thumbsup:

As an additional suggestion, you should consider a monthly charge to play. I personally would actually pay to play on a hacker-free server. Apart from the 'screening' process you mention, script kiddies are unlikely to pay for a script AND a server fee to play while knowing theres a very good chance they will be caught and banned. The only winners under this arrangement would be the genuine players & it would help cover the cost of your server. Hackers would be out in the cold.

Edited by MadMax

I get your point, but that is already happening.

So the process would be the same as now:

Player is unable to get access to passworded server because it is being "exploited" by the admin/owner/clan. Player comes to the DayZ forums and informs the DayZ Team. DayZ Team blacklists the server due to admin abuse. Problem solved.

Same goes for the hording scenario

Player joins server to find it has been picked clean and the admin/owner/clan is stocking all the gear/vehicles. Player comes to the DayZ forums and informs DayZ Team. DayZ Team blacklists the server due to admin abuse. Problem solved.

So while I understand your point, again its not as big of a problem as your making it out to be and certainly isn't going to be anymore of a problem than it is now.

Edited by jackcrow

They shit on his "front stoop" and still nothing is done?

Classic!

I am starting to like some of them.

Why pay for your own server just to cheat when you can get the same result by hacking?

Hacking can get you banned, lost CD Key,

Locking a server, does not.

Come on, common sense lol........