Sign in to follow this  
Doggysixty1

Multiple steam accounts[HELP!]

I've tried looking around, and I've used the search function, but I'm a console gamer, and I'm not to good with PC stuff. My brother is a big time PC fan and has Arma 2, but doesn't play DayZ and won't let me use his account to play it (I know hes a idiot). If I was to buy Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead on my steam account could I use his Arma 2 from his steam account? I really could use help, because I don't want to spend ten dollars for Arma 2 If I don't have to.

Thanks and appreciate the help!

Yes I believe you can, the account is tied to the arrowhead cd key.

- Install Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead normally and play it one time;

- Create a separate Steam account;

- Buy Operation Arrowhead expansion (only the expansion) again with this account (You don't need to install it again!);

- Play it one time;

- You finished.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

No you have to have both ARMA II and ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead on the single steam account to use the DayZ mod. Its cheaper and you have to get ARMA II: Combined Operations for DayZ to function properly.

Hope I helped,

CRUSADER

• Like 1

Yes I believe you can, the account is tied to the arrowhead cd key.

- Install Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead normally and play it one time;

- Create a separate Steam account;

- Buy Operation Arrowhead expansion (only the expansion) again with this account (You don't need to install it again!);

- Play it one time;

- You finished.

But he doesn't own Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, he only has Arma 2.

No you have to have both ARMA II and ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead on the single steam account to use the DayZ mod. Its cheaper and you have to get ARMA II: Combined Operations for DayZ to function properly.

Hope I helped,

CRUSADER

Is there a way I can make it a nonsteam game and it will work correctly?

Edited by Doggysixty1

Oh im not sure if the original account requires arrowhead too if you only planned on playing dayz on the second account, it may not, it might just need the files from arma but someone would need to clarify, in my example that would actually give you two dayz accounts.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

Oh im not sure if the original account requires arrowhead too, it may not but someone would need to clarify

Couldn't I just buy Arrowhead on my steam account?

I think you will simply need to install arma using your brothers account (so the files are on your pc) and then just purchase arrowhead on your own account and use that, that's how I think it works but I would wait for others in case I am wrong

• Like 1

I think you will simply need to install arma using your brothers account (so the files are on your pc) and then just purchase arrowhead on your own account and use that, that's how I think it works but I would wait for others in case I am wrong

Alright thanks, I'll wait.

And if he doesn't have combined ops on his steam account, and only has Arma 2?

Could I just install Operation Arrowhead from my steam account, and it would let me play? He doesn't have Operation Arrowhead and has no want to play DayZ as hes not into the zombie thing, but he refuses to let me use his account to play ;/

Edited by Doggysixty1

Alright, I see some questions here, so I'll just clarify everything to the best of my abilities.

You only need to purchase OA on your steam account and run it in order to play DayZ. DayZ uses the OA key for DayZ, not the Arma II key, so you should be able to play with just the $20 purchase of OA. Just make sure when you run it, you have both the Arma II and OA icons on the bottom left of the screen.

• Like 1

Alright, I see some questions here, so I'll just clarify everything to the best of my abilities.

You only need to purchase OA on your steam account and run it in order to play DayZ. DayZ uses the OA key for DayZ, not the Arma II key, so you should be able to play with just the $20 purchase of OA. Just make sure when you run it, you have both the Arma II and OA icons on the bottom left of the screen.

Thanks for clarifying everything! I started playing and I'm having a blast now!

Beans to everyone who helped!

Glad you got it working properly! I'll see you out on the battlefield. :)