Sabertooth Nishoba

Ways to regain Blood?

This is my first post on the forums! I found myself wondering the other day HOW besides blood bags (only with a partner) food and cooked meat can i regain blood. I thought of 2 scenerios (one of which) could be added to the game. (this is just brain storming but i wanted to get peoples impressions).

1. Making blood regain slowly when your thirst and your hunger are BOTH in the green at the same time. (this would of course be slow and not ideal for fast healing, but a viable regen mechanic for survivalists).

2. This one is more simple. Give soda (not water!!!) a similar health boost as the food found in game.

Thanks guys

• Like 1

for the soloplayers it would be a nice feature..:)

the soda may be overpowerd, unless it regains only 100 blood per can. soda is very common on the map

No :emptycan:

Im willing to hear a No....but with out an explanation your kinda missing the "(this is just brain storming but i wanted to get peoples impressions" part of my post

for the soloplayers it would be a nice feature.. :)

the soda may be overpowerd, unless it regains only 100 blood per can. soda is very common on the map

i completly agree 50-100 to keep it a small bonus

The link in my sig is pretty similar to yours. In that thread the general consensus is that a slow regen rate that would be boosted by eating and resting would be more realistic than eating a steak after getting shot

The link in my sig is pretty similar to yours. In that thread the general consensus is that a slow regen rate that would be boosted by eating and resting would be more realistic than eating a steak after getting shot

I like it! the idea of adding a resting mechanic and or a slow regen (when thirst and hunger are met) would really add some depth to the game and perhaps some further strategy!

I like it! the idea of adding a resting mechanic and or a slow regen (when thirst and hunger are met) would really add some depth to the game and perhaps some further strategy!

Agreed. The insta health is just killing it for me right now.

I quite like the idea of having health regen relatively slowly, rather than eating a cow and being instantly full health.

Maybe tie regen to how well fed you are, with a cap at something like having eaten the equivalent to 4 steaks will let you regen blood from 1 to full in some time frame, half an hour or an hour maybe? If you've filled up on beans, 1 to 2 hours to regen from empty to full?

Not sure about the specifics, but I like the general idea.

• Like 1

considering the human body does heal over time... it should be very slow though

I don't think regen is necessary as long as your blood is 5k or over. I'd like to see it regen until you get above the passing out point though. Pretty annoying when you can't even scavenge the tools to kill a pig safely because you're likely to pass out with a zombie nearby.

Another alternative which wouldn't require regen - allow solo people to use blood bags on themselves if they're under 5k, but the bag will only bring you back to 5-7k, not full health.