Kaffarov37

Its ok to Alt-F4 when their is a hacker

why do you not have the time to Disconnect? It only takes a second and a half.

• Like 1

Absolutely ok. Any time you're teleported hit escape and then Alt-F4. Has saved me 3 times.

I was teleported to the NW airfield the first time yesterday. I was lucky not to loose any gear. But now i have setup an altF4 key on my mouse (Razer anything), only for these cases. My second encounter with a hacker, eh, no, they are script kiddies without girlfriends, and i thought german servers are not so affected.

• Like 2

. But now i have setup an altF4 key on my mouse (Razer anything), only for these cases.

Wow, thats a good idea. Beanz for you!

i have setup an altF4 key on my mouse (Razer anything)

professional alt-f4er right here :thumbsup: :beans:

anyhow, those of you that can't seem to alt-f4 it sounds like your function keys might be disabled. some keyboard have an "F-Lock" key that will toggle the keys from function mode to other modes. toggle that key and you should be good.

and yeah, the presence of a hacker is pretty much the only acceptable reason to alt-f4

Edited by -Evo

Well it all depends on what school of thought you are using to determine what is ethical. Using Aristotle's (384 BC – 322 BC) Virtue Ethics school of thought if your intention is of good character to Alt-F4 and deprive the hacking community of pleasure then it is okay to Alt-F4. If you follow Immanuel Kant's (22 April 1724 – 12 February 1804) Formalism then it is NEVER okay to Alt-F4 because you are just continuing a disgusting perversion of Alt-F4 to save your own skin and to Alt-F4 to avoid death in the dayz community is against a categorical imperative. Using Jeremy Bentham's (15 February 1748 – 6 June 1832) classical Utilitarianism it is okay to Alt-F4 if your reason to Alt-F4 was for the greater good (i.e. you were on a goodwill mission to deliver some antibiotics, bandages, morphine, and other medical supplies to some poor impoverished survivor fresh spawns in kamenka) then it is okay to Alt-F4, however if your reason to Alt-F4 was personal then it would not be okay as you continuing perversion of using Alt-F4 for your own selfish needs is only continuing the use of that disgusting exploit.

• Like 4

What the heck is Atl-F4 and no I am not pressing the buttons to see what it does! :P

What the heck is Atl-F4 and no I am not pressing the buttons to see what it does! :P

Alf-F4 logs you out of the game quickly. It is used by a lot of people to cheat death when they're in a firefight that they can't win, and sometimes even after they've been shot and killed. It's just an escape to pad the game down for those who are too afraid of losing their stuff. If you've been teleported though, well now you're working with a different set of morals. When other people are cheating to kill you, you're in the okay to cheat to get away.

Thanks for explaining that to me. I'm not going to pretend I understood it all but now I understand what Alt-F4 does.

So people use it to get away from zombies? That's good to know. I keep having to stop running, hit esc, move to abort etc and have lost half my blood by then. I think you're saying it's considered unethical by some to get out quick if being shot at. As I don't shoot at anyone who isn't already shooting at me, I have no problem with the theory of using it.

But I thought it was meant to be buggy and risky.

Thanks for explaining that to me. I'm not going to pretend I understood it all but now I understand what Alt-F4 does.

So people use it to get away from zombies? That's good to know. I keep having to stop running, hit esc, move to abort etc and have lost half my blood by then. I think you're saying it's considered unethical by some to get out quick if being shot at. As I don't shoot at anyone who isn't already shooting at me, I have no problem with the theory of using it.

But I thought it was meant to be buggy and risky.

ALT+F4 is the windows shortcut for terminate program, it can cause anomalies when used, but mostly, people complain about others just disappearing in the middle of a firefight (a legitimate concern).

professional alt-f4er right here :thumbsup: :beans:

anyhow, those of you that can't seem to alt-f4 it sounds like your function keys might be disabled. some keyboard have an "F-Lock" key that will toggle the keys from function mode to other modes. toggle that key and you should be good.

and yeah, the presence of a hacker is pretty much the only acceptable reason to alt-f4

I only had to setup a key/macro as a mouse button because i use the left alt-key for " fire weapon", so altF4 doesn't work. I lost about ten characters, soemtimes with heart pounding firefights, that was brilliant, and i never thought a second about logging off. But then the hackers showed up two times and that was the turning point. The only other occasion i thought afterards about altF4 was, when i spawned right in front of another player. But i was not used to logoff and so i stood up and tried to escape, but died. I didn't care.

I'd still have to say it depends on the "hacker". Did they give themselves good gear and you ALT+F4? No. You aren't 100% sure that was a hacker. Are you suddenly a bunny rabbit running through a field of bear traps (Yes, this can happen)? Sure, ALT+F4 away.

I got yanked into the Thunderdome last night, but I simply Aborted via the menu. I don't ALT+F4.

I was pretty sure in my cases. Short version: First time (name: Sk1m), he always knew where i was on the map, spawned a chopper and tried to let it fall on my head, appeared right in front of me but was unkillable. Second time i got a thunderdome-message and was teleported to NW airfield.

I was pretty sure in my cases. Short version: First time (name: Sk1m), he always knew where i was on the map, spawned a chopper and tried to let it fall on my head, appeared right in front of me but was unkillable. Second time i got a thunderdome-message and was teleported to NW airfield.

LOL. Yeah, I will give you that one then. Player pulls UH-1H out of ass = Script kiddy... or someone with a REALLY big ass.

On a side note: With the Thunderdome thing I logged out, as I said, but I most definitely made sure to log into a LOW pop server when I hopped... because I sure as hell wasn't going to spawn in standing in the middle of the landing strip at the NE airfield on a full server :P

Yes, i know what you mean. I'm still wondering how i did survive popping up right in the middle of the airfield. :)

The snipers must have been stunned, that's what i call having the surprise moment on my side. :)

How exactly is this new system working? I was on a server, checked all the surroundings - everything was safe. So I was just running in the open field. Suddenly, I get session lost. I join another server and as soon as I spawn, I hear gunshots. So I hit the dirt and disconnect.

Other 2 times I had session lost problem as well, tho wasn't disconnecting right away on other servers. Still, I guess it will count as non-log out disconnect.

Is it possible to get ban on servers that are constantly dropping you?

How exactly is this new system working? I was on a server, checked all the surroundings - everything was safe. So I was just running in the open field. Suddenly, I get session lost. I join another server and as soon as I spawn, I hear gunshots. So I hit the dirt and disconnect.

Other 2 times I had session lost problem as well, tho wasn't disconnecting right away on other servers. Still, I guess it will count as non-log out disconnect.

Is it possible to get ban on servers that are constantly dropping you?

That's my concern. I know Rocket has put some stuff in to monitor logging to work on an Alt+F4 solution in the future, but I am not sure how it works. Therefore I have NO idea if it's going to give false positives or not. I would imagine and hope there will be something to check that sort of thing. I admit I DO Abort via the menu when I start getting constant red chains, so hopefully they set it up to be able to tell the difference.

I think few second countdown before leaving should solve the problem, then you can log out whenever you want.

After latest patch, I'm too afraid of leaving the game soon after I logged it. Like, I join the server, but after long loading times I decide I have better things to do, but I keep playing for 5-10 minutes, cause I don't want global ban for log out exploit.