basher5_2

Day Z...WAS.....fun

I don't know why people with valid complaints are treated like such shit.

There ARE a lot of people who are just DMing. You can see them taunting players and trolling in side chat instead of doing anything else. This segment of the playerbase exists. Stop being so fucking naive about it and pretending this is some myth.

Is it enough to ruin DayZ for me? Nope. Not yet at least' date=' but I can understand someone being frustrated or disappointed with it. It's just a shame that there are so many jerkoffs in this community that they would rather insult someone than spend even two minutes trying to identify the problem and think of a solution.

[/quote']

This is just the way it is on official games forums. People creates this bubble of idolization where anything that even suggests an error or something broken will make them go apeshit, like you're denying the Holocaust or something...

Well' date=' i'm sure the other 94,999 players will keep it kicking till you come back.

[/quote']

An I hope they do, like I said I love the mod, love what rocket is doing, but like I said its become a death match with zombies involved. More and more ive been seeing spawn campers and ppl who just spawn run to find ppl shoot. either kill or die, and do it all over again. I found out about this by seeing Day Z vids on youtube of team work with survivors, co-op game play, fun stories etc. haven't experienced or seen any of that since i joined only lone wolfs who shoot on sight, regardless.

See ya' date=' you will not be missed

[/quote']

thanks troll, don't care =)

Get friends to join. Stop crying man!

Jeez if you die it is a part of the game. Every death should be a learning experience!

The problem is there are no mechanics that make it useful NOT to kill randoms. On the other hand, not only does killing randoms increase your odds of survival, there is the entertainment of being a predator stalking prey (which is basically the main draw of flashpoint style games).

First off, cooperation with randoms (without voip) is ridiculously hard -- text & in-game voice are obviously inferior.

Second, there is no value add to NOT killing a random except what? Blood transfusions? That is literally the ONLY sell there is at the moment for cooperation. "Oh they can give you a transfusion later" with the alternative being just eating a death and respawning. And this assumes I'm not already grouped with people I actually trust who could do the same.

There need to be overarching GOALS that can involve randoms if you want randoms to possibly play nice with each other, as well as ways to "recognize" these newly found friends -- I find the current method of "hey, I'm staring at this guy right in front of me outside the hospital, is that you?" completely idiotic. Unfortunately the servers that enable names on mouse-over also let you mouse-over people behind trees at hundreds of meters out.

Maybe if my group controlled a warehouse that churned out ammo and your group controlled a crane by the docks that could unload supplies it would be in our mutual interest to work together and get the power plant operational. Until then, why should I *not* kill you? It's idiotic to suggest even.

Also, to the people complaining that bandits killing you for loot is "fair" and what bothers you is the bandits who don't even bother looting (killing for sport), I think you need to open your eyes -- these people exist in this world, and they would indeed come out to play in the event of an apocalypse (and already DO in chaotic areas in the world).

I think something as small as being able to lower or even holster your pistol (or shoulder your rifle) would go a long way toward easing the itchy trigger finger. Trying to conduct a conversation with a stranger while they point a gun at you (unintentionally) can be stressful.

I just don't have this issue. Course I am also part of a large group that does lots together. Mostly supply runs and the occasional killeveryoneincherno run. Not having vehicles in our new server is the only thing making this stale for me atm. As for the pvp aspect well, I just don't have that much of a problem avoiding death. I expect to be shot at almost all the time, even more so in major cities. Maybe if you just stopped assuming this was some friendly singleplayer+coop game with zombies and came to terms with what it really is, DieZ, you'd have a better time. Or just give up all together as this doesn't look like the game for you.

I hear minecraft has zombies too. Why not give that a go?

I'm getting bored of it because so much time is spent walking.

I want to play this game, but spending 90% of my time with a pencil jammed in my W key to keep running in a straight line isn't what I call 'playing' a game.

I'm sure this will change with later updates :)

I die a lot more in Minecraft than in DayZ.

Thank God there's no lava in Arma 2.

Playing this mod (just like every single other Arma 2 mission yet made) is a lot better with people you know, can trust, and have experience gaming with. Placing game mechanics that give bonuses for teamwork, meant to entice randoms into helping each other, will only magnify the difference between those who use real teamwork and those who pick a random server and have a keyboard macro for "Friendly?"

IMHO at least.

I think the most beautiful thing in the game are unpredictable players. Think about it for a moment how boring it would be if everybody would be nice guys and looting every place without a smallest worry about that some of the other survivors could double-cross you. What original this game actually would offer then? There's already Left for dead etc., but not a single survivor game in anarchy with zombie outbreak.

Besides somebody said that there's no "mutual" interest for co-operating with other survivors, that's not true. Sheer numbers mean more firepower and more slots to fill with loots. BUT if you are like a hippie group hugging each other and throwing flares around the town and dancing around them you are kinda asking yourself to get killed. I know it's next to impossible to trust others unless those people are one you know (like ones in the same teamspeak), but well would you trust a guy who is pointing you with a pistol in post-apocalyptic world either? Trust isn't automatic and ofcourse it could let you down and that's one part of the game. But i can tell you it will increase your chances of survival greatly if you team up with others and play smart. I personally really hope DayZ will keep its dynamic gameplay without any stupid made up factions which every other game has.

agreed. it's deathmatch with zombies. no matter how friendly you can be right now, you'll always end up killing others. there's just nothing else to do in this game.

agreed. it's death match with zombies. no matter how friendly you can be right now' date=' you'll always end up killing others. there's just nothing else to do in this game.

[/quote']

Personally I think the best thing a lot of aggravated players can do is to help give constructive feedback and be patient. the game is still fun for me, however I've lost any interest in playing it as a group due to how little benefit it offers. I feel direct communication would REALLY help the PVP situation. at least for the mature players.

I feel PVP is also something that is core to the game, its very neat to not expect what someone would/could do. Hopefully a revised humanity system will help discourage random murdering

again to reiterate, the best way we as a community can make the mod better is to give calm constructive criticism and not ragey "this is deathmatch I'm leaving" type of threads.

If you want to stay alive, head up north. I have spent the past few days chilling out around there and have seen very few other people, friendly or otherwise. It isn't too hard to just keep to yourself. I had some close calls on the NW airfield, but that is the be expected.

I have to disagree, while I admit more often then not I feel players shoot first and ask questions later, I think it adds a layer of depth that can't normally be achieved. when I hear shooting, 20 questions pass through my head about whoever it is. Now today was amazing, me and a buddy moved into electro, came across 3 plays spread out and we all grouped up. Next thing I know were helping survivors who were trapped on the outskirts of the city and we stocked up to move north together in a group of 6. Not a single negative comment in chat or an attempt to kill us even though it was a full server and we all spoke on global chat.

I think the most beautiful thing in the game are unpredictable players. Think about it for a moment how boring it would be if everybody would be nice guys and looting every place without a smallest worry about that some of the other survivors could double-cross you. What original this game actually would offer then? There's already Left for dead etc.' date=' but not a single survivor game in anarchy with zombie outbreak.

[...']

I think most of the people here are complaining about that exact issue, minus the arbitrary narrowness. They feel the game's getting too damn predictable, because the majority of their encounters are with hostile people. It gets boring.

Not that I'm arguing that a 90% hostile community is the reality, just that it's dishonest to say full carebear community is predictable, but a deathmatch community isn't.

Find a server that has hardcore mode and a lower player count.

It might also help to play at night.

These are the two things I do when I to increase fun and lower my encounters with bandits.

You can usaully find players to team up with here that feel the same way. Create a unit, move as a unit and you should be fine, make sure someone has medical supplies so that you can come back from injury and bandits.

I've been suprised at the amount of times this has happened, I've had the most fun with only 10 players on a server, joining a busy one tends to result in death each time I see a person or salute someone.

been playng Day Z for about a week or so now' date=' maybe lil longer. I'm a long time ArmA player, been in since OFP Cold war crisis. Day Z is a awesome idea and loved it. The mod isnt the problem, its the players. Day Z to me has become a death match mod that has zombies, not a zombie survival mod. Good luck with the devopment and maybe later on ill come back. But for now its a joke.

[/quote']

Get ready for a flame bath from them fanboys and admins alike calling you troll for saying your opinion.

Yup, a joke.. The fact that I haven't been killed by a survivor for 2 weeks is a joke, I agree. I mean who in their right mind would work together in a game, am I right?

been playng Day Z for about a week or so now' date=' maybe lil longer. I'm a long time ArmA player, been in since OFP Cold war crisis. Day Z is a awesome idea and loved it. The mod isnt the problem, its the players. Day Z to me has become a death match mod that has zombies, not a zombie survival mod. Good luck with the devopment and maybe later on ill come back. But for now its a joke.

[/quote']

Get ready for a flame bath from them fanboys and admins alike calling you troll for saying your opinion.

+1 =) Already happened "Nobody will miss you etc"

I respect OP"s opinion and I agree mostly. I am so sick of reading "IT"S A REALISTIK DIS WAY" like really?

I was lucky enough to be on servers (chicago 7/8) where people call friendly and I made a bunch of friends there ,added them on steam. I've always been against bandits, as in those who just aimlessly kill on sight. The only way to combat the total deathmatch is if rocket adds something, advantages, disvantages. With the skin removal that's coming I bet it'll just get worse. Though I love the lootable skins idea.

Until the bandit skin is removed I keep getting attacked by everyone, by other bandits, by survivors ("Well, you are a bandit I'm supposed to shoot you" and "All the bandits are AI, right?") left and right and I have to keep defending myself. Gotten to a point now that I just shoot first as I am sick of dying to some COD DM kid.

This mod is much more than a simple deathmatch.

You can take the game as muchi immersive as if you were risking your real life. Being careful, go slow etc.

You can go for your own missions. Establishing routes etc...

Sure the game will be boring if it remains as it is. But well, 1 week is too few for me. I need more time be bored of it (maybe 2 or 3 months i imagine).

Not that I'm arguing that a 90% hostile community is the reality' date=' just that it's dishonest to say full carebear community is predictable, but a deathmatch community isn't.

[/quote']

I totally agree.

Obviously Bandits and the like add alot of extra dimension to the game, but having only bandits would destroy a huge part that is DayZ which is player interaction. Working together for a short time towards a common goal etc.

Best tip for a respawn. Quickly work out which way is North (or west if you spawn in the East), and run, run like the wind. Put Chern and Electro in your rear view mirror.

You've got a bottle of water and a tin of beans so you can keep going for a little while.

Get away from the coast and the amount of PKing through people just killing for the heck of it drops off considerably.

And there's plenty of loot at places inland.

I've been living as a lone wolf for over five days now (in game time) and you still get the tense encounters of sneaking into a nearby town looking for some painkillers or some firewood. (Or the occasional Barracks run looking for some NVGs :) )

It amuses me that so many people get called "carebears" by people who are essentially fighting for their right to play on easy mode. They don't give a shit about rocket's vision (see: bandit tears over humanity system), despite how much they hide behind it. It's more realistic this way, they say.

You know what's not realistic? Knowing that you can camp, waiting for someone with better gear than you to pop up so you can take their shit, and simultaneously knowing that if you fail you can always respawn, jog a few km, and try it all over again. The consequences of death are completely different for survivors and bandits, causing them to play the game in two different ways.

Rocket has said this is an experiment. Well, an experiment has variables and they need to be managed. Otherwise the results of the experiment will skew one way and provide you with meaningless data. I still love the mod, but the unfocused vision and loose management of the community is making it harder and harder to WANT to play. Do nothing about dupers and hackers and griefers, but continue adding unpolished content that makes the game harder on the average players.

Sort it out.

Blah blah blah COD' date=' blah blah blah BF3.

Change the record please, bored of this tune.

[/quote']

By opening the thread, you're putting the record on.

Change it yourself.

I really disagree, I believe this mod is a REALISTIC mod, meaning that if you were to think like a survivor in a post-apocalyptic world you'd have to be careful as you do on DayZ, not only of walkers but of survivors, who knows what that guy crawling across the field is willing to do for a can of beans.

Love it when people people cite this as an experiment. When you take away consequences from killing, people kill just because they can. That's not a theory, that's a fact, long established by tons of videogames, university studies, most of Roman history, and the history of warfare itself. now you can do all the experiments and studies you want but every one of them will give you the same results. If this is an experiment on whether people will kill each other given the chance and no consequences. it's as redundant and pointless as dropping oranges off your roof to make sure gravity still works. If this is a mod for a game, then you need to stop using the excuse of an experiment and start implementing better features instead of getting rid of the ones you have just because people were crying about it.