basher5_2

Day Z...WAS.....fun

been playng Day Z for about a week or so now, maybe lil longer. I'm a long time ArmA player, been in since OFP Cold war crisis. Day Z is a awesome idea and loved it. The mod isnt the problem, its the players. Day Z to me has become a death match mod that has zombies, not a zombie survival mod. Good luck with the devopment and maybe later on ill come back. But for now its a joke.

Well, i'm sure the other 94,999 players will keep it kicking till you come back.

Today I had my second direct contact with random survivor, and he was willing to scout me to the hospital across Cherno just for me to get a blood transfusion.

I unfortunately died on the way, as I had only 2k blood and zombies attacked but damn, it was nice having him.

If you guys pass through Sightless, trust him.

Well' date=' i'm sure the other 94,999 players will keep it kicking till you come back.

[/quote']

An I hope they do, like I said I love the mod, love what rocket is doing, but like I said its become a death match with zombies involved. More and more ive been seeing spawn campers and ppl who just spawn run to find ppl shoot. either kill or die, and do it all over again. I found out about this by seeing Day Z vids on youtube of team work with survivors, co-op game play, fun stories etc. haven't experienced or seen any of that since i joined only lone wolfs who shoot on sight, regardless.

See ya' date=' you will not be missed

[/quote']

thanks troll, don't care =)

It's not all deathmatch even now, I interact with a lot of players willing to cooperate. It might also depend on the servers. I play on Australian server and the atmosphere is very cooperative there.

And regarding the player population, things will change a lot when the hype settles down a bit and the mod matures. People that really only see the mod as a deathmatch and do not care about the survival experience will get bored very quick.

I see these threads popping up all day, but i'm simply not having the same problems. It must be good luck, or decent servers, or the fact that I play off of peak hours.. but I don't run into the CoD people nearly as often as people claim.

Sure, I see terrible bandits "bragging" about how deadly they are in side chat, but i've met FAR more friendly survivors on the coast than violent backstabbing bandits.

Chin up, head North into the hills and away from the major cities and use stealth more. Only 10% of players murder other players, I think you'll find in TDM it is 90-100%.

Agree with you completely. The PVP in this game is a necessary feature but has turned the game into a complete deathmatch with survivors killing survivors even after saying friendly. I hardly see anyone saying friendly in the chat anymore or identifying.

My policy is not to trust anyone, but it turns into kill-on-sight when everyone is killing eachother. You can stumble on the occasional player who is indeed friendly, but the majority will just shoot on sight.

The removal of humanity made this even more common, though bandits are pretty much stuck as being a bandit once they go far enough into becoming one (and it isn't reset on death making some players forced to kill everyone). Sadly most of the replies will be to leave if you don't like the mod... :P

my latest experience was spawning in, walking about 100m and got jumped by 3 survivors obv working together. But I play whenever I have time, on east coast US servers. Idk what these ppl think, whether kids, COD players or w.e just extremely aggravating.

my latest experience was spawning in' date=' walking about 100m and got jumped by 3 survivors obv working together. But I play whenever I have time, on east coast US servers. Idk what these ppl think, whether kids, COD players or w.e just extremely aggravating.

[/quote']

Was chatting with a few new players who were pretty open about coming from games like COD or BF which are death-matches. Wouldn't call everyone who player-kills kids, but it ruins the mod which does depend on teamwork and player co-op (inb4 its an anarchy survival mod with no rules, blood transfusions, being able to survive after passing out in front of zombies, etc)

I believe the issue of shooting on sight will dissipate when direct communication is fully functional.

As this game is in alpha, and the devs are actively listening to complaints from the community, it would be more worthwhile to stick around and offer them input/suggestions to make this game more enjoyable in future.

I believe the issue of shooting on sight will dissipate when direct communication is fully functional

I hope your right, can't wait for it to progress, just hope the kiddy spawn campers and death match players fall by the way side and the true enthusiasts can enjoy it more.

Meh, I don't see why I should put my well being in SOMEONE ELSE'S hands.

The guy who didn't see me that I let live could be the same guy zeroing in on my back an hour later. He could choose not to shoot me, but guess what? I would prefer if he didn't have that choice in the first place.

KILL ON SIGHT.

If they want to change that, add mechanics to change that. Players can't help but kill other players when it is the best way to survive dictated by game mechanics.

Well as in another thread about trying to in a sense set up a depo at the NW Airfield. The only people he seemed to have popping up were people who were talking of ruining and that.

And while I haven't shot anyone who didn't shoot one of my friends or caused problems for us. (Guy drug zombies through us. Then tried to finish us up on a roof. )

I've been making sure those I do run into, I gave them that chance. I've run into... well I suppose 3 bandits who made life hard. But then again I've become so paranoid of snipers that I'm often far off the beaten trail and snaking around though the paths I keep.

Either way, I'm sure as things are improved in the game or Rocket finds a system that actually works for Humanity and what not that more and more people find that working together is a good thing, or for the very least get bored of the TDM mindset.

Part of the problem with the game.. no one even bothers to try and identify as friendly anymore :/

' pid='63808' dateline='1337913654']

Either way' date=' I'm sure as things are improved in the game or Rocket finds a system that actually works for Humanity and what not that more and more people find that working together is a good thing, or for the very least get bored of the TDM mindset.

[/quote']

Agreed..

Meh' date=' I don't see why I should put my well being in SOMEONE ELSE'S hands.

The guy who didn't see me that I let live could be the same guy zeroing in on my back an hour later. He could choose not to shoot me, but guess what? I would prefer if he didn't have that choice in the first place.

KILL ON SIGHT.

If they want to change that, add mechanics to change that. Players can't help but kill other players when it is the best way to survive dictated by game mechanics.

[/quote']

That's not true in the least. My character is coming up on a week's worth of life time. He hasn't died or been shot down. And I've let people go from my sights and even talked to them of seeing them.

Kill on Sight is begging a guy to come back to murder you now, furthering the cycle. Me and my two friends stay stealthy. Stay off the beaten path, and we stay safe. We don't have to gun people down on sight to survive. We have what gear we want. And don't feel it's needed to ruin another guy's fun just because he 'might' come back and kill us later.

I change my tactics every new character.

This time round, instead of shooting anyone in my AO, I stay hid, and watch them pass by. It doesnt detract from the experience

I change my tactics every new character.

This time round' date=' instead of shooting anyone in my AO, I stay hid, and watch them pass by. It doesnt detract from the experience

[/quote']

Exactly. I play the mod how I want to get what I want out of it. I'd like the whole teaming up experience. But until it's a tad more safe to do such. I simply stay in the shadows.

I live, and no one has to die at least not by my hand.

I feel for those people who are just as worried as me, me not shooting makes their night just that much better. Even if they never know it.

Well, it isn't really about how to play the game or avoid players... just that most* contact with players, being friendly or not by the humanity system, kill you on sight. I'm trying the new play style of stealth now and its working pretty well though its still fun to team up ^^

Well' date=' i'm sure the other 94,999 players will keep it kicking till you come back.

[/quote']

An I hope they do, like I said I love the mod, love what rocket is doing, but like I said its become a death match with zombies involved. More and more ive been seeing spawn campers and ppl who just spawn run to find ppl shoot. either kill or die, and do it all over again. I found out about this by seeing Day Z vids on youtube of team work with survivors, co-op game play, fun stories etc. haven't experienced or seen any of that since i joined only lone wolfs who shoot on sight, regardless.

See ya' date=' you will not be missed

[/quote']

thanks troll, don't care =)

Sadly, that is what you get when the mod becomes more popular. I imagine it will get even worse, brace yourself! Humanity system may be a nice added touch and may discourage some of that behavior? Who knows. Some people honestly have the brain power of a squirrel for instance, and they can't even get immersed in the game and play that type of survival game. They think of it as a first person shooter and kill anything on sight.

Don't blame the game, blame the morons that play it.

Listen. Rocket is aware of this, ok?! Seriously, stop acting like this is how the game is, it's temporary, this is an alpha, guys.

Sure, take your time, chill out with other games if you want too, just don't be drastic about DayZ. It's too early for that kind of behavior.

Also, trust me, none of you hates other players more than I do. I hate players that will come (and are already coming) with the popularity. I hate them deep in my guts, it boils my insides and I'd eat their fucking eyeballs if I could.

But you see, I'm just here waiting around for the game to be developed further. I have faith in the guys behind this.

I don't know why people with valid complaints are treated like such shit.

There ARE a lot of people who are just DMing. You can see them taunting players and trolling in side chat instead of doing anything else. This segment of the playerbase exists. Stop being so fucking naive about it and pretending this is some myth.

Is it enough to ruin DayZ for me? Nope. Not yet at least, but I can understand someone being frustrated or disappointed with it. It's just a shame that there are so many jerkoffs in this community that they would rather insult someone than spend even two minutes trying to identify the problem and think of a solution.

This is just that, it is an Alpha. This is the phase were we see how people are going to really start behaving. It might all well up and change all of a sudden. Who knows.

But until then I do love Day Z. I love it to death and then back from the grave. It's the zombie game even if it is just a 'mod' I've been so desperately wanting.

I have no problem lurking in the shadows as I watch the community through the eyes of a scope. x3

My friend and I ran into a survivor at Devil's Castle and he ignored us and went on his way. He could have shot us first, and we could have shot him but we just went our separate ways.