basher5_2

Day Z...WAS.....fun

i agree, there needs to be somehow that makes people want to work together !

If you want a group to play with give me your steam SN and ill add you to my list. I found about 5 people randomly playing and now we all play together when we can. We use TeamSpeak3 also. Come play with us and trust me you'll change your mind.

You say that you love this mod, but in the same sentence you say that you don't like the PvP? Without the PvP there would be nothing out of this mod. The whole concept is the harsh world and the you-can-die-at-any-time-feeling. Co-op vs Zombies would destroy this mod. Can't you see that? Maybe you need to start to reflect on how YOU interact with the players?

Scums will always be there, and i love them for making this game so exiting. Thank you all bandits! And people like you will always be there. Whining about the PvP. Start to learn it instead of hating on it, and next time - kill instead of getting killed.

i agree' date=' there needs to be somehow that makes people want to work together !

[/quote']

Find a friend and play? It's not that hard... Or do you mean. Work together as players vs zombies? Or players vs zombies and players? The first one is just boring as F.

Blah blah blah COD' date=' blah blah blah BF3.

Change the record please, bored of this tune.

[/quote']

Maybe you've had your head up your ass for the past four years but these games, their communities, and their concepts have become the FPS gaming status quo. People line up around the block on day one to purchase these games, even after the debacle of the CoD: Black Ops release that was largely unplayable on PC even on super computers for the first month.

It's not some tired ass excuse, it's not some cliche, it's the way the industry currently works. This is the reason almost every FPS game that's been released in the past two years have menu trees IDENTICAL to Call of Duty. This is the reason most of the FPS titles have run the same XP, levels, prestige levels, weapon unlock, rinse, repeat, and vomit style of multiplayer progression...

The only tune people should be bored of is the assholes discrediting people for being frustrated by this. Sweeping people's opinions under the rug has already got old. This community should be better than that, considering the fact that it's entire existence is a slap in the face of the current status quo of this industry.

You are just looking at one of the many aspects of the game.

You said yourself "been playng Day Z for about a week or so now" which proves

that you are just a newfag that probably walks along the coast searching Cherno

and Elecktro for the items you seek. Head inland and you don't have this crap because

most of the CoD kids are too scared to go that far.

Hey look a angry post from someone who probably never left the coast....

Ya know if you travel like 5 - 15 minutes inland in any direction away from the coast and you would stop having these kinds of problems...

And I agree this will get better when direction communication is fixed.. until then there is no real way to *QUICKLY* communicate with someone that your friendly or your intentions...

So it comes down to basic logic, this is a survival game, the point is to survive, not just against zombies but in general... and without a quick way of communicating with people around you it makes it really hard to not shoot first and ask questions later... otherwise you may be the one on the ground dead.. its sucks but until we can do it quickly with the ingame voip instead of trying to type it out and hope the person sees and reads it, I don't really see it changing until then.

Yes, heading inland, you will last longer, but if you run into anyone, they will shoot asap. Where as on the coast, you atleast have a chance to find or form a group. Also, the further inland you go, the less people you will find and better equipment if you know where to look.

Yes' date=' heading inland, you will last longer, but if you run into anyone, they will shoot asap. Where as on the coast, you atleast have a chance to find or form a group. Also, the further inland you go, the less people you will find and better equipment if you know where to look.

[/quote']

My experience meeting players away from the coasts has actually been better than around the spawn points. Unless you happen to stumble into a building with someone already there, most encounters in the north are far enough away that neither player can really get a jump on the other unless they have a sniper rifle and total surprise.

I will say that you are far more likely to find friends to team up with on the coast though. Most people I've encountered north are like me. They aren't shoot first guys, but they are up north because they want to avoid others so you don't find many willing to team up.

As for the OP, I can understand how the Arma vets get frustrated. Unlike us noobs, they already have the map memorized, know how to get everywhere, have the interface down, etc. And they are used to a very different style of play with more cooperation and professionalism. Unfortunately, I have yet to hear a truly adequate solution to the "deathmatch" problem (which I have yet to experience in my 30+ hours) that doesn't destroy the integrity of the mod and the OP doesn't provide a solution either.

Hmmm... allow players, killed by other players to rise as zombies IF they choose to wait a random amount of time. E.g. I get shot by some CoD kiddie, I get asked "do you want to have vengeance after . If I say "yes" I get resurrected as a zombie corpse and I can try to eat the CoD kiddie who just shot me and tries to loot my stuff.

Some variation - instead of resurrected a player could spawn as a random zombie in the bushes nearby and still get the revenge BY EATING:)

In any case - after one gets bored - there is a single menu option "Die" and then you respawn normally as a new survivor.

It's not all deathmatch even now' date=' I interact with a lot of players willing to cooperate. It might also depend on the servers.

[/quote']

It must depend on the servers as EVERY player I have come across a week after playing has killed/tried to kill me on sight. For those of us who wanted the co op experience we should have some easy way to meet up with friends, like a party system with limits so you don't get stupidly massive grops spawning in the same place. Both true bandits and survivors get what they want then.

Agree with OP. While i love pvp and thrill of combat, if i wanted to play deathmatch game, there are plenty of others which are much better.

The problem is indeed, that the game became pure deathmatch - best chance for players to progress and survive is kill other players.

I love the suspense, the rivalry the thrill - it adds a lot of the game, but it gets old fast.

The problems i see atm - theres type of players that ignores persistent gameplay at all and just runs to shoot people, die then repeat again and again caring only about that. They literally loose nothing, they have no longer persistent goals and if they die they just hope to kill another player to take his loot until next death.

The strength of the mod is not "shooting in the dark", but a sandbox mechanic in a persistent world. So far it has plenty of "shooting", but "sandbox" and "persistent" lack severely.

There is no point trying to survive for long really, building tents, vechicles etc. is pointless and is done just once to see how it works. There is no larger goal in the game, no really meaningful game play - in the end, after some time theres NOTHING LEFT but just log in and play it as another shooter. Since everything else is pretty much pointless after you done it once.

So while PvP should stay the big part of the game, focus should be on adding more metagame, sandbox and persistent gameplay elements. Player reputation, ability to influence the world in some way persistently, some goals for groups of players to awork together etc.

People still will continue killing each other as always, but if its "just killing" that there is, it will not last long for most.

The only place in the map that's a deathmatch with zombies is the bean coast stretching from Komorovo to Elektro. When people kill each other outside of those areas it is for resources or area control; which perfectly suits the tone of the mod.

Listen. Rocket is aware of this' date=' ok?! Seriously, stop acting like this is how the game is, it's temporary, this is an alpha, guys.

Sure, take your time, chill out with other games if you want too, just don't be drastic about DayZ. It's too early for that kind of behavior.

But you see, I'm just here waiting around for the game to be developed further. I have faith in the guys behind this.

[/quote']

I'd like to share your faith in the direction DayZ takes. I suppose it's only frustrating because I - along with probably everyone else here - have an idea of what I think would make DayZ perfect (for me). I'm just anxious that that won't be the same game the developers are making.

My problem is that I'm conflicted by the entire premise of DayZ - I loathe online play and cannot stand other human players (95% absolute morons), yet I find the infected AI a very enjoyable aspect of the game. There is a solution I have found to that. 'Nuff said.;)

i dont get the majority of the comotion about how it would break the game or make if different for everybody somehow, everyone is thinking to complicated.

just make non pvp server, dont like it? dont play on one, the only thing that would prob change is 1 line in the server .INI or somthing, changing friendlyfire= for 1 to 0, everyone is in the opfor team anyway, all that bandits are doing is basicly teamkilling. stop overthinking it :P

i dont get the majority of the comotion about how it would break the game or make if different for everybody somehow' date=' everyone is thinking to complicated.

just make non pvp server, dont like it? dont play on one, the only thing that would prob change is 1 line in the server .INI or somthing, changing friendlyfire= for 1 to 0, everyone is in the opfor team anyway, all that bandits are doing is basicly teamkilling. stop overthinking it :P

[/quote']

Its more complicated than that. Stop underthinking it

Listen. Rocket is aware of this' date=' ok?! Seriously, stop acting like this is how the game is, it's temporary, this is an alpha, guys.

Sure, take your time, chill out with other games if you want too, just don't be drastic about DayZ. It's too early for that kind of behavior.

But you see, I'm just here waiting around for the game to be developed further. I have faith in the guys behind this.

[/quote']

have an idea of what I think would make DayZ perfect (for me). I'm just anxious that that won't be the same game the developers are making.

No one is going to stop you from making your own mod the way you want it. This however, isn't your mod. It will not fit you perfectly. Deal with it or stop playing.

And remember, this is still a alpha. Every thing could change at any time.

I must be really lucky, i'm a bandit, and I still dont get shot on sight that often or see people shooting others instantly, i met a few survivors in a building once the other day, they didnt see me until they turned around, but I just lowered my weapon and they didnt shoot me at all, they actually died from another survivor shooting them both in the face, I only really shoot when i get fired upon or see someone shoot another survivor

"DayZ has become a deathmatch game, I just want to explore Chernogorsk and Elektro in peace, Gosh"