rolfwar

DMR vs AK-74

After another trip to Krasnostav's airport,i found an AKS-74.

And i started wondering whether the DMR that i had was better than the AK,which is i gun that i love.

Comparing the 2, i see that the DMR is very noisy and very accurate, whereas the AK is automatic,less noisy and less accurate on long distances(maybe its ammo is also more common?).

Also,in a worst-case scenario,the AK might be more useful against zombies than the DMR,since it is less noisy and hence attracts less zombies.

In your opinion,which one should i take if i ever find another AK-74?

Get a bigger backpack and take both.

• Like 2

What sp89 said.

These rifles complement one another very nicely, DMR for 200m+, Kobra for 0-200m

I suggest sticking with the DMR. The AK series of guns all commonly spawn and the DMR has the advantage of working with NVG's when you eventually find them.

Use the DMR to snipe someone with a bigger backpack then you, and then take the backpack and eventually you will find your AK again with enough deerstand raids.

Good luck

AK is pretty bad. Unless it is an AKM, do not bother with the AKs since they were recently nerfed. There really is no reason to ever drop a DMR unless you found an AS50 or an M4 CCO SD. It can be used with NVGs as well so that puts it ahead of the other sniper rifles.

I dont think you can compare sniper to assault rifle.

Anyway DMR is pretty powerfull with its big mag, semiauto and ability to be used with NVG's.

I like it a bit more then overused .50 Cal rifles.

• Like 1

COuld be good idea but fuck it,take DMR,AKS-74 is mostly good for zeds and survivors up to 300 metres which makes you incopentent tohold against Average Arma player whihc will mostly favour weapons with higher fire range like AKM...DMR will get you protection adn accurancy againt them and most important,camping sharpshooters/snipers.It is good idea to have it in backpack but be prepared to sacriface half of Alice pack for it and few rounds.Also,G17,M9 or PW will be excellent with combination of DMR ( for close quaters,mostly for zeds but also for other player encounters,PW most prefered) .

Only my thoughts :)

thanks everybody!

DRM

use hatchet for zombies

seriously, hatchet is VERY underated weapon and king of zombie cleaning. my only wish is that it was a sidearm

If you could hold the hatchet in your sidearm slot, I'd never carry a handgun again... <3

If you want a weapon to compliment the DMR, I recommend an M4 or M16 variant. They at least still do respectable damage. AKs just don't pack the thunder these days.

If you want a weapon to compliment the DMR, I recommend an M4 or M16 variant. They at least still do respectable damage. AKs just don't pack the thunder these days.

AKM's still one shotting zombies in the chest for me. I'm not much of a PKer though so I can't speak for how it speak for how it does against players.

Whats with all the hate for the AK-74? I love it. A weapon you can commonly find and plenty of ammo. I never use it full-auto. Semi all the time for me. Works like a champ. Also got my first PvP kill with it in Stary Sobor. Love that gun.

DMR+M9SD=me

i have a coyote pack, but, why put another primary in there?

i haven't found a safe way (read that foolproof) to swap primary weapons. so, i don't

To swap primary weapons without losing one to a glitch you open your pack, take it out of your pack, and it will switch weapons and ammo for you. I've done this multiple times without losing either weapon.

• Like 1

AK is useful in short range, but if you play on servers with crosshair (I don't) then DMR is very good as well. Shooting with the DMR without zoom if you have a crosshair is very accurate up to 400 meters or so you hit your target without any zeroing and you have a pretty fast rate of fire. For zombies you usually use your pistol anyway. So I'd say on a crosshair server theres no reason to ever take the AK, not even in the backpack, cause the DMR is actually decent for short distances as well. Without crosshair the AK in the backpack might be worth it if the enemy is close, I'd still prefer the DMR though. As you're asking the question, do you know how to "zero" with the DMR? For people who don't know how to use the DMR the AK is obviously easier to use as well.

If you run into cherno / electro etc... in the game and that is your playstyle (you likely won't survive long) take the AK. If you play like most people play in the endgame, stay out of the cities as much as possible, shoot from a distance and scout a lot then theres not even a question about taking the DMR.

Edited by DieBrotmafia

[words]

I don't he's impressed upon you just how loud the DMR is. If you fire one off in cherno you will pull entire neighborhoods. It's very loud. It's fantastic, but very loud.

I prefer the DMR, yes its loud as a mother, but if you are scared of a horde of zombies and dont know how to dispatch them, then this game isnt for you...

in cherno, pop someone with DMR, run into building when zombies start coming pop a smoke grenade or flare across the street depending on time of day.... tada... zombies lose interest in the noise and go for the distraction.

One is a sniper(pretty much) the other one is an assault rifle.. lol

The DMR is not the Designated Marksman Rifle for no reason. You can use it up to 800 meters if you know how and with the 20 round mags you can easily beast the shit out of people :)

• Like 1

The DMR is not the Designated Marksman Rifle for no reason. You can use it up to 800 meters if you know how and with the 20 round mags you can easily beast the shit out of people :)

I hunt sheep and cows from stupid long distances just because I can. that and I like to be sneaky when I gut my animal, if you just walk up and shoot the animal and gut it there, you are alerting anyone in the area that you aren't going to be very alert to your surroundings for a minute or 2

You should definitely take the DMR mostly because its usually a one to two shot kill from any range and it has the unlimited ammo glitch were you change it to m24 ammo and back and it gives you a full clip. Also a accurate and long range weapon is better because 75 percent of your engagement are at 100+ yards also you don't have to really kill zombies in this game unless you are trapped in a a door house because zombies are very easy to evade.

No camparo really is it ? Assault short to medium v sniper medium to long. Everything has already been said..chuck the DMR in your backpack for scoping or longer range situations, use the ak74 for close in killing. The dmr is an awesome weapon, big mag, semi auto plus nvg usage and that nice zoom scope, lovely. Ak74 kob has a great sight, 1 shot head kills, 2 shot body, quieter than akm. With those two you are a pretty formidable survivor. The only real step up is to have the thermal ..but thats a fairly shit gun overall and i dont really care for it but thats just imo.

Using your dmr on zeds is just wasting ammo though plus, like said above, you are just aggroing more with its loud factor.