Sign in to follow this  
Swineflew

Weapon degradation?

It's also important to note that they're specifically salvaging the M4 because it's cheaper than investing in something better (and there are A LOT of more suitable candidates), and the army is in a penny-pinching mood...but the piston system is the way to go. A gas-operated system just means it's going to be straight filthy all the time and while the metal-on-metal contact has made the Army wary, I think they're coming around to the fact that they're blowing through pieces on gas-operated anyways due to hot gasses being used to cycle the weapon.

As well as this is a very good point you have made. The whole reason as far as i know that they have implemented this system is because of the shitty reviews they were receiving and the fact that they knew they needed to make a change to keep up with other firearms in circulation. Although i will not say nor act like i know everything because that is not the way i intended to come across to anyone. I am work at a firearm's distributor/range. I deal with and repair guns daily. Its my job. That is the only reason i stated anything on this post to begin with

Your post is a bit confusing, but the Army still has sizable stocks of M16A2s kicking around...and the Army formally stopped acquiring the A4 in 2010 so I can guarantee those exist. All of this is besides the point, because I was talking to Krtshv about him using an M16A1 CQC which, while I've never heard of it, may be simply a bayonet mounted on the end. The A1 was another terrible weapon in the suite.

Unless you enlisted in the '70s, there is no way you used the A1. That was the POS used in Vietnam, that melted handguards and had a 20 rd mag. You probably meant the A2, though that one didn't have the picatinney rails so maybe the A4?

It was the M16A1, the version was embedded into it. As far as I know, it's a new, shortened version, made for the Israeli Army by the U.S.

QJEqy.jpg

Edited by krtshv

Just did some reading online, was unaware we apparently have been selling these to other countries. Does it have a burst setting? I'm just interested to see if the good fellows at FN or Colt have been updating the A1 consummate with the A2s.

Just did some reading online, was unaware we apparently have been selling these to other countries. Does it have a burst setting? I'm just interested to see if the good fellows at FN or Colt have been updating the A1 consummate with the A2s.

No burst. Only Safe, Semi and Full Auto.

No burst. Only Safe, Semi and Full Auto.

Gross! That's definitely an A1 then. My apologies for doubting you.

Don't you guys have some gun forum to share gun stories with and not a video game thread on weapon degradation?

With proper maintenance, weapons can survive for a friggin' long time.

The M16 and M4 series are extremely easy to take apart and maintain.

Plus, the AK series is known for its extreme durability and versatility.

However, the M4 and M16 series does tend to jam, but it's usually due to bad maintenance or sand.

I'd like to see weapon jams, but not weapons breaking completely.

maintenance is more than just saying "yep, this is my rifle" every so often. It requires tools and supplies. So we either add the tools and materials to keep the weapons in top shape, or add a decay mechanic. Ideally, both. Either way, you're still looking for parts/supplies/new weapons. I'm happy with this.

I'd be ok with repair kits. I'm all for more content.

I'm just trying to think of a way to prevent weapon inflation. There should be a mechanic that keeps the amount of super high teir weapons in check.

I don't want to penalize players who find an amazon weapon, but id like to eventually get that weapon out of circulation.