Sign in to follow this  
jamesdavidcartlidge@gmail.com

Would you kill them or trade them

No. Player run events are great. But there will always be dicks. Fuckers that pretend friendly and those who ruin events like that are the reason why we can never have anything good.

The reason you can't have anything good is because it takes work. You can't have someone in charge who quits when it gets hard to do something.

I dunno, If your hoarding a shop, your taking away a resource from the other players. And I would just not be happy if i ran into town after spawning and got shot when i was unarmed, The attacks on you would be great due to a fixed location, Did you see the last service church doo? That went down well like your shop would.

Every fooker would run there to take pot shots, snipers in cover or not. You could generate the Regulators to protect you but the bandits and murderers are many, Not including the hackers, they would have a field day, In theory all they would have to do is (However they do it) drop a few crates nearby, after a while your supplies would be Tainted. Or crash a chopper into the shop.

Good idea but I would suggest mobile shop, you could inform the "crowd" at last mins notice and at least offer a taxi service to your "shop"

Im not sure I see the point to a mobile trade post.

Only people who happen to find it can use it?

You guys seem to be missing something, there will be nothing of value on that site. Only once the trade is happening will there be anything of value. If I remember correctly, he said items would be brought to the store, ONLY after a trade was agree'd upon. So it's not like this place is going to be a stash heaven.

The only other reason to take it out is for the murders, which I think is fine. It is a sandbox after all, and I say let em play in it how they want, just so long as they're not hacking.

OP said trade store, meaning permanent location. So why wouldn't you ambush it while a trade was going on?

If its worth trading, it's worth stealing.

I agree, I'm just kind of under the impression, buy some of the posts, that people are getting the idea that they will have lots of goodies, besides the agree'd upon trade, on location.

I mean, I guess if you want to look at looting the bodies of the snipers and scouts a plus, that's something as well. I just don't know that they'd have much of value on them.

Edited by kentk94

I do like the idea, and I believe this was the point of the mod. To get players to do sort of 'original' stuff like this, without having anything to really guide them towards these scenarios.

It will be a hard idea to pull off, seeing as a lot of people will try to shoot the keepers of the store down, and generally just ruin it, but if it is done efficiently enough, i think this could become a thing.

As long as there are no bandit skins and no other mechanism to stop the brain-AFK killing on sight, unfortunately there's no room in this game for this kind of roleplay/sandbox gameplay. Which is a pity as it would greatly enhance the game experience.

But you don't understand, there is. The thing is that there is not supposed to be a mechanism to make this possible, players are supposed to make it possible themselves. This is the idea of a sandbox game, and the way OP has described the scenario, it could be possible!

I dunno, If your hoarding a shop, your taking away a resource from the other players. And I would just not be happy if i ran into town after spawning and got shot when i was unarmed,

I also thought about this. It should definitely be done up north, perhaps in a shop there, or in a barn located away from the focus points.

Edited by Tenderness

The second our snipers die we would be alerted and leave in our vehicles, and even if were killed there would be so little loot the only reason for it would be the thrill and doing so is likely you would lose gear that we would use to trade with the next people !

The tires on your vehicles are gone half a second after the snipers are dead, assuming I don't accidentally miss and put an AS50 round right through your engine block while you're sitting on it. Leaving one merchant alive to follow back to the weapon stash wouldn't be a bad idea.

The tires on your vehicles are gone half a second after the snipers are dead, assuming I don't accidentally miss and put an AS50 round right through your engine block while you're sitting on it. Leaving one merchant alive to follow back to the weapon stash wouldn't be a bad idea.

Okay so were dead, our items are still in a secure location the only items there are what we was wearing, all we do is prepare and go back. We learn from what happened and we go again.

Roaming store would be workable. since you said you communicating thru forums, I would go trade. Hell. I would even help defend. just to see what people do to attack. would definitely be fun ! its a game. all about fun.,

Mobile trade post would be an excellent idea. You could setup somewhere quiet and only need 1-2 sniper guards.

- 1 person trade only

- server hop for trades otherwise setup base on a quiet need-to-know server.

- the less people you trust the better.

- when server hopping only bring the item they want traded (low risk but high for them if you have a guard out of sight you let them know about)

I would be happy to help with this, my steam is my user name here :)