Sign in to follow this  
jamesdavidcartlidge@gmail.com

Would you kill them or trade them

So here is the scenario;

A clan decide to set up a trade store, they take over a super market clear it out. There is 1 security guard outside 2 snipers watching the door, 1 security guard inside and a Store Keeper also who is inside in cover. There is also 2 guys watching the back of the room and also another guy scouting around.

The security guards have powerfull guns and the scout has what ever he wants. This store is souly to trade items. To get access to the store without being sniped off you need to communicate via forums or to another player, you walk in (alone) with nothing on (so it's safer for you) you then talk to the store keeper about what you want to trade and what for. Then you leave and come back with said items and as does the store keeper (he gets his men to bring him the items or vehicals).

Okay so the premise is pretty risky for the guys coming to the shop, but the way it works is these guys holding the shop are not bandits they are all survivors, they are there to get rare items and clearly want to do this. The more trades they get done the better rep they have and the more they can trade.

Likely attacks will be done on the team but all in all they have good firepower and are good players so it would be risky for the attackers.

If this was too happen would you do it? If you was a bandit would you attack them? (Not all items would be kept secrate and the store clan would bring the items)

Do you like the idea?

Edited by Trigaar
  • Like 3

I would frag you and your crew quite honestly. I have no need to trade for an item I can loot on my own. Other players may enjoy this however, so I can appreciate your point of view

I'd use it if I needed to trade, but would likely raid it seeing as how I think this is badly setup.

I'd like the challenge of raiding a "secure" area.

On that note, I'd also like the challenge of organizing and defending a trade outpost.

• Like 1

If this happened it would be kinda cool to see players do. I would probably would if I was in desperate need of food or a certain item. I really don't frequent cities because my computer would lag to much and I have a no player killing rule I follow.

@ SwineFlew you can make your own trading post or "secure" area by fencing off a building and working out of it.

DayZ is only limited by the players really there are plenty of things you can do if you put enough time and effort.

Edited by Zera_Grey

If you could set it up, I think it would be awesome, there'd be some itchy trigger fingers for sure!

I'd trade peacefully because I support people who think outside the box in DayZ.

How would you assault it?

Counter sniper teams

Huey insertion of kill team

Outriders on atvs approach with the Huey to mop up the perimeter

Would be cool as fuck to see this done!

Then you leave and come back with said items and as does the store keeper (he gets his men to bring him the items or vehicals).

Not sure exactly what some of you would plan to raid? If they're not keeping stuff at the store, you'd almost have to follow the men bringing things to the store and heading back to camp, and THEN do the raid.

As long as there are no bandit skins and no other mechanism to stop the brain-AFK killing on sight, unfortunately there's no room in this game for this kind of roleplay/sandbox gameplay. Which is a pity as it would greatly enhance the game experience.

As long as there are no bandit skins and no other mechanism to stop the brain-AFK killing on sight, unfortunately there's no room in this game for this kind of roleplay/sandbox gameplay. Which is a pity as it would greatly enhance the game experience.

Your negative attitude is a pity and there are already trading based groups ingame.

Edit: I'll also mention there are taxi and medical services also.

Just because you think it's a mindless KOS-fest doesn't make it true.

Edited by Swineflew
  • Like 1

There are lots of issues with the idea, but unlike most people, I am willing to try. If you every decide to set something like this up, or even wanna discuss ideas, my steam is Mitchyboy44. Ive been trying to work out a way to trade goods, as you can see from my post (http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/57858-trade-camp/)

Great reply's guys gives me a good idea on if I would like to implement this in some way. I feel that an attack on this place would be silly because as I said the only gear there would be some weapons that you likely already have and don't need. The idea that you could get close to maybe try to get an advantage on us would be a bad one, as we have snipers and also a scout so we will know your coming. If you are an uninvited trader with no business you would be approached by the scout and then if you are hostile swiftly killed by snipers. All the def fence would be amazing, and to see a full on battle here again would be great too see, for me the trading outpost would be very risky but VERY fun. Would love to see some more discussion!

• Like 1

I would find it amusing to counter-snipe the snipers and then have the attack team frag the store.

If for example like an above poster said a large amount of people were coming, we would be alerted, dependent on the size either hall ass or stay put and fight, we would always have the advantage I do not see any situation were we would lose!

I would find it amusing to counter-snipe the snipers and then have the attack team frag the store.

The second our snipers die we would be alerted and leave in our vehicles, and even if were killed there would be so little loot the only reason for it would be the thrill and doing so is likely you would lose gear that we would use to trade with the next people !

Just throw three frags and collapse the building. I hear its working with smoke nades too. Sayonara trading post

Edited by Faceman Peck

If for example like an above poster said a large amount of people were coming, we would be alerted, dependent on the size either hall ass or stay put and fight, we would always have the advantage I do not see any situation were we would lose!

When they log in inside your camp you're not going to get much warning.

Would be fun to attack a location that was well guarded. Only thing close to that I can find is server admins camps that have one guard half afking and after he dies the server shuts down.

Plus you'd have snipers taking out your snipers just to watch you guys scramble around and GTFO.

No. Player run events are great. But there will always be dicks. Fuckers that pretend friendly and those who ruin events like that are the reason why we can never have anything good.

A better idea would be to have a mobile trade vehicle and only bring it in for the trades after the area is deemed safe. A static outpost is always far more vulnerable to attack.

• Like 1