Sign in to follow this  
gambla

Please stop Trading in the forum

I don't know if it's only me, but i dont' like it because it's so unrealistic. The idea of some guys, to create something like a trading store isn't bad, even we have no comm in this world, except meeting in the game. But trading via the forums is imho same as giving everybody full gear. And the next step is trading for real money. Imho that is not the way it's meant to be played. Isn't that one special moment you find the great gear something exciting ? Or looting someone's tent, being a real bandit ?

Other opinions welcome.

• Like 1

Shrug. I don't mind.

I'd suppose it might be nicer to have a trading post forum rather than having it all over the place.

I dont see the point, though, given the ephemeral nature of gear in this mod.

>Worried because people might get gear quicker than you

>Most of the "trades" are traps anyway.

• Like 2

So you want other people to conform to your opinion of the right way to play the game because people are playing smart rather then grinding it out.

Yea, no thanks :)

• Like 1

Please stop Trading in the forum

No.

I agree thoray336, most trades, especially those who offer rare itmes, are traps.

It's getting pretty annoing on this forum thogh.

So you want other people to conform to your opinion of the right way to play the game because people are playing smart rather then grinding it out.

Yea, no thanks :)

No, people don't need to have my opinion. Ok, we play a Zombi Mod, but i reckon that most of the people like the realism of the Arma world. ANd i see nothing smart in trading in the forums.

People just love to hump the fuck out of that "not realistic" enough argument.

It's a gaaaaaaaame stop taking it so seriously.

You want the ultimate realistic experiance walk out you're front door.

The only thing I don't like about the trade thing is it's starting to get annoying seeing all of them,

I'm waiting to here the "oh fuck i got shot while this dude was tradig with me what a cunt" stories.

This is an awesome example of good metagaming.

Create a subforum for trading and eventually people will become white listed and trusted to be trade mediators.

This is a great thing for the game and community.

Let people play the game the way they wish to play. Its not like these guys are making threads telling you that you absolutely MUST trade items on the forums.

• Like 1

This is an awesome example of good metagaming.

Create a subforum for trading and eventually people will become white listed and trusted to be trade mediators.

This is a great thing for the game and community.

This.

We are creating a new viable end game that doesn't involve Bandits liberating the Zombies from the tyranny of Survivors.

I discourage you from discouraging other users to do what they please in the forums, to an extent of the forum rules.

I like the idea of users trading items, revealing camps at X or Y Server, or possibly causing further in-game tasks accomplished through forum means. It brings activity and interest.

• Like 3

I discourage you from discouraging other users to do what they please in the forums, to an extent of the forum rules.

I like the idea of users trading items, revealing camps at X or Y Server, or possibly causing further in-game tasks accomplished through forum means. It brings activity and interest.

This.

People will use what they can - since global went, they are communicating however they can.

There's no reason or need to "discourage" me for anything. Please moderators, care about more important threads, the many threads people insulting each mother. This is what i call "taking it too seriously".

And second, in the forums are thousands of people demanding things whatever we can think about. I only started a discussion, nothing more or less. Anyway, thank you all for your opinions.

There's no reason or need to "discourage" me for anything. Please moderators, care about more important threads, the many threads people insulting each mother. This is what i call "taking it too seriously".

And second, in the forums are thousands of people demanding things whatever we can think about. I only started a discussion, nothing more or less. Anyway, thank you all for your opinions.

lol i assume the whole mother thing was a typo?

Every 2th thread is "trading NVG, Ghillie" and on and on.. Why isn't there a seperate part in the forum for trading? Or if there is already one, why are do you make threads in NEW or GENERAL? Holy.. o.O

I don't know if it's only me, but i dont' like it because it's so unrealistic. The idea of some guys, to create something like a trading store isn't bad, even we have no comm in this world, except meeting in the game. But trading via the forums is imho same as giving everybody full gear. And the next step is trading for real money. Imho that is not the way it's meant to be played. Isn't that one special moment you find the great gear something exciting ? Or looting someone's tent, being a real bandit ?

Other opinions welcome.

Let me guess, you've never ever once used a loot map, or an external map, you've never used the shift-click option on your in-game map to set a waypoint, you've not used nor searched any of the online tools such as dayz wiki to find vehicle spawn locations, or information that would benefit you within the game, you have not asked people outside of the in-game world to team up such as in real life or on the forums, you have never server hopped under circumstances that would benefit you in-game nor have you ever emptied a single loot pile with the intentions of finding more loot there in few minutes, you have not and will not use external means of communication to coordinate, like steam chat, in-game chat, skype, TS or ventrilo, you are the non-hypocritical purist player that lives for the immersion, right? Because none of that would really be realistic, would it?

Edited by Daddy'o

these trading threads are occupying valuable THIS MOD IS DYING or HACKER thread spaces

even this thread is occupying an important complaint, which would have otherwise no doubt had profound consequences on the direction of this mod

I don't think gear trading will ever make the leap to trading for real money in this game. It's way too easy to lose all your stuff and it's not all that hard to find the items you need in the first place. As for forum trading, well there's no stopping that so whether you're for it or against it doesn't really matter.