Sign in to follow this  
Charlizard

Is having hacked weaponry bannable?

If everyone did what you did, we would have a problem, would we not?

No, we would not. Because a player who's not a complete and utter retard, would not pick up a weapon he's not supposed to.

I've found hacked weapons, I've found obviously hacked vehicles, yet I never touched the hacked in weapons or vehicles.

"however most of these admins would have to know you have that item first." Lol, Did you not read the my first post. Some players don't seem to realize that admins can see every weapon a player is using while connected to the hive.

Also, I have a question unrelated to the topic.

8:03:59 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-D:1 (Removed) REMOTE,[],false]"

8:03:59 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:23791095:[139,[1860.25,2012.54,0]]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["","",40]:0:0::0:" / 23791095"

Are the bolded numbers a players location?

Edited by Charlizard

No, we would not. Because a player who's not a complete and utter retard, would not pick up a weapon he's not supposed to.

I've found hacked weapons, I've found obviously hacked vehicles, yet I never touched the hacked in weapons or vehicles.

How do you explain my friends, that only just started playing the game. A dad, and his son, coworkers being introduced, a random guy just stumbling over the game. These people have no idea whats in the game and what isnt. If you are oblivious to this, then i dont know, somethings not clicking right in the upper apartment.

You are breaking Day Z rules, you are not any better then people using a hacked weapon.

How do you explain my friends, that only just started playing the game. A dad, and his son, coworkers being introduced, a random guy just stumbling over the game. These people have no idea whats in the game and what isnt. If you are oblivious to this, then i dont know, somethings not clicking right in the upper apartment.

You are breaking Day Z rules, you are not any better then people using a hacked weapon.

Eh, I agree with you, people are getting very uppity about this supposedly ALPHA PROOF OF CONCEPT RELEASE. Save this sort of player management bullsh** for a release title.

Edited by Entaro

Looked later into the logs and saw this.

8:22:20 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-D:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

8:22:20 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:23791095:[258,[10873.4,2615.84,0.00164223]]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:155:0:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","amovpercmrunsraswrfldfl",39]:0:0::0:" / 23791095"

8:22:20 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

8:22:20 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-C:1 (Linden28) REMOTE,[],false]"

8:22:20 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:23808130:[220,[10570.3,2392.45,0.0015707]]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:143:1:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","amovpknlmevasraswrfldfr",41]:0:0::0:" / 23808130"

8:22:20 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

A hacking duo?

Edited by Charlizard

23586249 / 23791095 / 23808130 might be the players uid (hive id), not really sure though, only familiar with this stuff on the db end (private server).

you were mostly right about location, just tha tincludes the 139 as well: [139,[1860.25,2012.54,0]] I have not figured out how this translates into ingame position yet.

amovpknlmevasraswrfldfr / aidlpercmstpsraswrfldnon_idlesteady04 is his state, though that shouldn't matter. I've heard battleEye is detecting scripts now though, so maybe they are just filling it with variations of bullsh** to pass through the detection.

As I said not sure about uid, sounds like you have 2 or 3 script kiddies though from that log I think. M4 SD Halo M203 is the popular cheat gun right now, seems like there is a little epidemic going on on the hive servers at the moment with it.

23586249 / 23791095 / 23808130 might be the players uid (hive id), not really sure though, only familiar with this stuff on the db end (private server).

you were mostly right about location, just tha tincludes the 139 as well: [139,[1860.25,2012.54,0]] I have not figured out how this translates into ingame position yet.

amovpknlmevasraswrfldfr / aidlpercmstpsraswrfldnon_idlesteady04 is his state, though that shouldn't matter. I've heard battleEye is detecting scripts now though, so maybe they are just filling it with variations of bullsh** to pass through the detection.

As I said not sure about uid, sounds like you have 2 or 3 script kiddies though from that log I think. M4 SD Halo M203 is the popular cheat gun right now, seems like there is a little epidemic going on on the hive servers at the moment with it.

Well then these 2 are definately script kiddies. One of their locations went from around [10000.00, 2000.00] to around [1500.00, 2000.00] in the course of 2 or 3 minutes. (Not exact numbers of course.)

I've been an admin on servers before (various other games).

I've seen my share of hackers aswell. I don't have a ban-on-sight policy, but I am very strict when it comes to people breaking rules (there have been cases where I have kicked and banned my own clan members on other games). If I see a guy with a weapon he's not supposed to have, I'll do what I always do when facing hackers, check what I have (in this case - logs) and ban if necessary. Confronting the player is a possibility, sure, but the problem is that hackers will pose as a legit player when confronted.

If I see in the logs that someone clearly spawned a weapon, I'm not going to send him a message and wait for his excuses, I'll ban him. If he wants to, he can contact me later.

If I get a report by a person I trust that the person is hacking right now, I'm not going to come online and confront him, I'll log into the RCON and ban him.

A few years ago, when I was an admin in a community of roughly 12 CoD4 servers, people would constantly send me messages on xfire, complaining about hackers.

If the person was a clan member or a person I trust, I would log into AGRCON and ban them straight away, but if the person was some guy I play with sometimes, I'd come online under a false name and spectate.

I've been an admin on servers before (various other games).

I've seen my share of hackers aswell. I don't have a ban-on-sight policy, but I am very strict when it comes to people breaking rules (there have been cases where I have kicked and banned my own clan members on other games). If I see a guy with a weapon he's not supposed to have, I'll do what I always do when facing hackers, check what I have (in this case - logs) and ban if necessary. Confronting the player is a possibility, sure, but the problem is that hackers will pose as a legit player when confronted.

If I see in the logs that someone clearly spawned a weapon, I'm not going to send him a message and wait for his excuses, I'll ban him. If he wants to, he can contact me later.

If I get a report by a person I trust that the person is hacking right now, I'm not going to come online and confront him, I'll log into the RCON and ban him.

A few years ago, when I was an admin in a community of roughly 12 CoD4 servers, people would constantly send me messages on xfire, complaining about hackers.

If the person was a clan member or a person I trust, I would log into AGRCON and ban them straight away, but if the person was some guy I play with sometimes, I'd come online under a false name and spectate.

No offense, but this topic was just asking if I should ban people with hacked weapons on sight. I don't want people arguing about their ban policies.

No offense, but this topic was just asking if I should ban people with hacked weapons on sight. I don't want people arguing about their ban policies.

You shouldnt.

Its against the Day Z rules, as a server admin, you should have read those.

Edited by Suspenselol

4:53:06 "WRITE: ['PASS']" makes me think its a script, especially since the message is flooded many times in a short period. Kind of puts you in a tight spot. For me, I'd ban them, but you have hive rules to consider.

You obviously didn't read the rest of the posts, did you?

I did, and i am telling you, its not a script thats running. Its a response from the hive, which you cannot alter. I already told you this.

Unless you have specific code in your logs with keywords such as spawnvehicle, spawnweapon, player add, outside of hive syncs, then its not a hack in use.

Edited by Suspenselol

I did, and i am telling you, its not a script thats running. Its a response from the hive, which you cannot alter. I already told you this.

Unless you have specific code in your logs with keywords such as spawnvehicle, spawnweapon, player add, outside of hive syncs, then its not a hack in use.

These people are hacking, bud. They both server hop together with the same hacked in gun, and they teleport around.

Unless this transportation is normal...

5:34:01 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-C:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

5:34:01 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:"23586249":[255,[14134.4,8582.16,0]]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["","",39]:0:0::0:" / "23586249""

5:34:17 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-C:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

5:34:17 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:"23586249":[255,[14099.5,8271.01,0]]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["","",39]:0:0::0:" / "23586249""

5:34:33 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-C:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

5:34:33 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:"23586249":[255,[14059.5,7960.83,0]]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["","",39]:0:0::0:" / "23586249""

5:34:49 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-C:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

5:34:49 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:"23586249":[255,[14019.5,7650.39,0]]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["","",39]:0:0::0:" / "23586249""

It goes on until he get to about [13000, 3000]

Also, in case you aren't aware. People have already made scripts undetectable by the newest battleye update. These scripts will not appear in any log, because battleye doesn't detect them.

These people are hacking, bud. They both server hop together with the same hacked in gun, and they teleport around.

Unless this transportation is normal...

5:34:01 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-C:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

5:34:01 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:"23586249":[255,[14134.4,8582.16,0]]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["","",39]:0:0::0:" / "23586249""

5:34:17 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-C:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

5:34:17 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:"23586249":[255,[14099.5,8271.01,0]]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["","",39]:0:0::0:" / "23586249""

5:34:33 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-C:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

5:34:33 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:"23586249":[255,[14059.5,7960.83,0]]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["","",39]:0:0::0:" / "23586249""

5:34:49 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-C:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

5:34:49 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:"23586249":[255,[14019.5,7650.39,0]]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["","",39]:0:0::0:" / "23586249""

It goes on until he get to about [13000, 3000]

I am not saying they arent hacking. I am saying what you are posting is not scripts, its the hive syncing the player. Have you converted these coordinates to ingame coordinates to see what distance they are traveling?

You should be looking for actual executed scripts(which you probably wont find due to bypasses) instead of messages of the hive syncing a weapon thats not in Day Z. The transportation that you are linking, is more promising proof then logs of the hive syncing a gun. But only if you have an idea of what the coordinates cover.

I am gonna have a look myself to see if we can make sense of the distance

Edited by Suspenselol

I am not saying they arent hacking. I am saying what you are posting is not scripts, its the hive syncing the player. Have you converted these coordinates to ingame coordinates to see what distance they are traveling?

You should be looking for actual executed scripts(which you probably wont find due to bypasses) instead of messages of the hive syncing a weapon thats not in Day Z. The transportation that you are linking, is more promising proof then logs of the hive syncing a gun. But only if you have an idea of what the coordinates cover.

I am gonna have a look myself to see if we can make sense of the distance

From what I can tell from the numbers, they could be possible imo. They would have to be travelling on road at speeds above 90km/h for some of the logs.

From what I can tell from the numbers, they could be possible imo. They would have to be travelling on road at speeds above 90km/h for some of the logs.

Anyway to tell their altitude? Theres a slim chance they're in a helicopter, those things move fast.